“We were a bit disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Ty Golchi is a family friendly cafe serving a wide range of freshly prepared food. With a large car park, fully disabled access and toilet facilities, a warm Welsh welcome awaits all our customers. As all our staff are fluent english speakers we offer a fully bi-lingual service.
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“We were a bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We visited this restaurant today(Sat 13th October) for lunch. We appreciate it was busy but the service was terrible. There were quite a few staff so we couldn't work out why our drinks took over twenty minutes to arrive and my order didn't come at all. When I asked why my order hadn't arrived the Waiter went to check and had to come back twice to ask what it was. He then bought me a bowl of Olives without the bread or dipping oils? When it finally arrived the bread was cold and stale,Olives were O.K. but I have never had Balsamic Vinegar like the one I tasted today, it was so sweet it was awful. The Manager was very pleasant when I complained and bought more bread out unfortunately it was worse than the first lot and even colder. Rest of the food was okay, a great baked potato with Tuna. Yes, she didn't charge us for my food or my Earl Grey Tea but I would have preferred food that was edible. Location is excellent with great parking facilities. Will try it again because the Tapas looked fantastic.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

ruthin
“Da Iawn! Nice little cafe, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Visited here for lunch whilst passing, plenty of ample parking, nicely laid out inside, great selection of food, and good service.
I had the Bruschetta with mozzarella off the light bite menu, nice and fresh with a lovely garnish, very reasonable too, will be returning soon

• Visited October 2012
Bangor
“Lovely!! Great cafe- wish they did evening meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Have been here two times, the first time I had tapas to share with a friend- which was delicious! Plenty of lovely, fresh fruit and veg and very tasty! The second time I had the welsh lamb burger, which was very tasty. The chips were divine! It was fairly bust both time I went, even though it was mid-week, the only complaint i have is that tehy may need to consider employing more staff as the service was a bit lacking!!
I aslo had the mango and passionfruit cheesecake which was delicious!- would highly recomend it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“How often can you get great cofee, food and served by a famous Welsh Person”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This bistro is a doddle to get to and perfect if you are travelling in NW Wales. It's owned and run by Mr and Mrs Tudur Owen and you might just get the pleasure of being served by one of the UK's top comedians! This is a great venue with a comedy club on a Thursday evening. The coffee is particularly good, as is the location and food. I have visited the bistro on several occasions and it has always been superb. It's that good it's even worth a detour.

Dolgellau, United Kingdom
“Only the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I regularly visit Ty Golchi, be it for a coffee or a meal.
A warm welcome is extended on arrival and the staff are prompt, polite and eager to please.
The food is "second to none", served in abundance, of excellent quality and at exceptionally reasonable prices.
The premises are clean, the toilets way above the usual standard and ample parking for all.
I shall be visiting Ty Golchi again...again...again and again !!!
Certainly a "Five Star" restaurant.
I have yet to visit a Comedy Night at these premises - having been assured that the entertainment could not be beaten !!! - GWYN