“my mum and dad raved about it. now I know why..” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 132 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great food & service for a reasonable price (especially when group block booking). With the smallet commercial brewey in the world (as per The Guinness Book of Records).
Kington, United Kingdom
“my mum and dad raved about it. now I know why..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

It's nice. It's not pretentious. Seems to have a good few local drinkers in as well as eaters which I always like to see. The staff do a proper job. Welcoming, friendly and fab behind bar and food side. Food was lovely, the merlot spot on and the price pretty good too. They also have Peroni. Bonus.

• Visited September 2013

Aberystwyth
“Excellent place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place never lets you down. We have always had delicious food here. You are taken from the bar where you order your food to the restaurant upstairs, and the atmosphere is cosy up there.

Visited November 2012
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Very good indeed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

What a hidden gem this is! Very unassuming from the outside, but a very welcoming interior, lovely staff and a super menu. Relaxed with a drink while making dinner choices and then went upstairs to our table. Changes to the menu were happily accommodated and the children were made very welcome and their food came well presented too - lovely home cooked stuff too which was a refreshing change from many pubs where you can almost recite the childrens' menu without even having looked at it...

We enjoyed every last mouthful of the delicious food. Would love to return soon...I wish this was my local!

Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My partner and I were glamping in West Wales last weekend and visited the Tynllidiart Arms as a break from the camping stove - we certainly weren't disappointed.

Inside the downstairs area is a cosy and welcoming pub, with soft lighting and lots of candles. The staff were friendly and welcoming and offered a relaxed atmosphere where we could try a delicious local beer while looking at the dinner menus.

When our table was ready we were shown upstairs to the restaurant. The tables are large and the lighting just right - low enough to be atmospheric but you can still clearly see what you're eating, again with candles on all the tables that added to the atmosphere. There was a mix of people in the restaurant, families, couples and there was also a bigger family group. Despite being fully booked it didn't feel crowded, the food was perfectly timed to our table and the staff attentive.

My starter of king prawns and chorizo was divine. The prawns were perfectly cooked and the flavours complex. For mains I had the Welsh lamb which was again perfectly cooked, juicy and tender, and a generous sized portion - the sauce was so delicious I had to ask what was in it. My other half had the sirloin steak, which came perfectly cooked with all the trimmings - proper homemade chips, onion rings, mushroom and a sauce made from local cheese. For dessert (which we only just had room for!) we shared the apple and rhubarb crumble with custard which had almond flakes in the crumble, very tasty.

The price of a main is around £15-£18 for which you really are getting great value money - quality ingredients perfectly cooked, a wonderful atmosphere and plus attentive, welcoming staff. If we're ever in the area again we will be sure to visit.

• Visited August 2013
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
“Genuine Gastro Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having lived in London for 2 years and regularily eating out, I didn't go to the Tynllidiart Arms expecting much, but how wrong I was! I don't usually write reviews, but this little gem deserves one.
My girlfriend and I found the pub on Google while camping in Aberystwyth over the August Bank holiday weekend, and booked it for our "meal out" night. When we arrived it was quite busy, so glad we booked, but the staff were very relaxed and friendly.
I had the Goats cheese tart & Sirloin steak main, and my girlfriend had the King Prawns with Chorizo, and Lamb for her main course. My steak was pretty much perfect with proper chips, onion rings, tomato, mushroom etc, and a cheese sauce to die for. My girlfriend's Lamb was amazing too (of course I had to try some), with a slightly sweet mint sauce gravy.
Although not cheap, the menu was very well priced for the quality and quantity of food.
Would definitely go again - pity its approximately 3hrs from home for me!

• Visited August 2013