“Comfortable and wonderfully accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

The Promenade | 44/45 Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth SY23 2BX, Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and wonderfully accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Richmond Hotel for 3 nights (my boyfriend was there for work and I came along just for the holiday) and both we and work colleagues agreed that it was a lovely experience. The hotel was wonderfully clean and well maintained, and the oceanfront view from our room was stunning. All of the staff were friendly and I was especially impressed by their willingness to accommodate my very strict candida diet - before we arrived I gave them a long list of foods I am not able to eat, along with a few meal ideas, and they totally made it happen! I had been worried about going hungry, but they made sure that I was well taken care of and I am so grateful. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We only stayed at this hotel for one night as a stopover on our way to Pembrokeshire and after reading the fantastic reviews on Trip-advisor we had no hesitation in booking. We were not disappointed. We received a warm welcome on arrival, our room was spotlessly clean with a great sea view. The breakfast was one of the best we have tasted. We did find a parking space at the rear of the hotel although parking spaces were quite tight. The only slight niggle was that there was no shower curtain over the bath which made showering a little tricky in order not to soak the bathroom floor and surrounding area, however overall this did not spoil our stay and we would defiantly come back to the Richmond Hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 27 which is a family room with a great sea view. Very large spacious room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have very recently stayed at the Richmond Hotel. It is located directly opposite the beach with excellent views. It was extremely clean and very comfortably appointed. the staff were all extremely helpful and went above and beyond our expectations ( particularly Menna who is a little treasure!). The food was excellent particularly as I have Coeliac Disease and I am also allergic to fish. Every member of staff was aware without prompting and all meals were excellent. Gluten free sausage and bread were provided at breakfast We will definitely return.

Gill E.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are excellent
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Loved staying at the Richmond Hotel with it being right on the beach in Aberystwyth. There is nothing between you and the water. Hotel is just across the street from the beach. Our room (#8) had an incredible view of ocean and down the promenade to the pier.

It was a beautiful day with nice sunset. The starlings also put on a great show in the evening before roosting under the pier.

We ate in restaurant and the food/service were great. Nice selection of choices and very tasty. The breakfast was also delicious - cooked to order.

Menna at reception was very helpful with places to go and see and how to see the best sights in city on walking tour. She also showed us some videos of the recent big storm in the area.

This hotel weathered the storm without any problems. It is probably the safest place to stay on the Promenade.

I can't wait to go back and stay longer. Aberystwyth is a beautiful town and I would like to see more of it.

The only issue was the curtains in the room didn't block out all the light from the street but this was not a major problem as I had a great nights sleep.

I really recommend this hotel for great service and location.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view for incredible view of ocean and promenade.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have recently come back from a stay in the Richmond on a business trip and I would definitely go back. Menna the receptionist was incredibly helpful, friendly and efficient. The rooms and the building in general is immaculately clean. We had packed lunches made for us as we were out too early to eat breakfast, Richard the owner and chef also allowed us to eat breakfast on our second day by starting service early and attending to us himself. The food was absolutely gorgeous btw. Glenda and Alison were an absolute joy and pleasure to have a chinwag with and genuinely loved their place of work. The amenities in the room were also fantastic as well as the sea view!! Warm, genuine, lively place to stay! Thank you

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I made the Richmond my home base for 10 days hiking the coast path. Great folks, great food, and warm hospitality. This was my second year hiking in Wales but my first trip to Aberystwyth - but not my last! It was worth the trip from the USA. Cheers

• Stayed September 2013
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Another trip to Aberystwyth to see my daughter at the university for a few days and we thought we would treat ourselves to a hotel close to her sea-front accommodation.

We picked the Richmond Hotel using the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed.

The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and warm and the sea view across the promenade was idyllic. Breakfast was excellent and even better were the hotel's staff - friendly and helpful.

Superb and we will be back at the end of May.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Richmond Hotel? Share your experiences!