“A great way to start the day” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Healthy, Café, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Carlton Restaurant has been under new management since its opening on 3rd July 2013. Owned and run by former chef and owner of the popular Corner's Restaurant on Chalybeate Street (who have also welcomed famous Welsh celebrities in the past such as Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews from Catatonia), Toni and her partner, Gaffari, would like to welcome everyone! The Carlton Restaurant is centrally located in the main town centre of Aberystwyth and boasts an elevated position (above Superdrug) overlooking the main street. Locally-sourced and fresh ingredients and home-cooked with great care and attention to customers' health and well-being are at the forefront of The Carlton's aims. Customers can enjoy delicious and healthy drinks knowing that every beverage consumed helps to support producers in developing countries. Diners with a sweet-tooth can also try Toni's locally-famous home-made cakes and various desserts - her Lemon Meringue is a particular favourite amongst customers! The Carlton Restaurant also caters for specialised dining so customers with food allergies and intolerances can also enjoy The Carlton's food without worrying - simply mention your requirements to the staff. The Carlton Restaurant is also a popular venue for groups. Large groups (10+) are welcome to exclusively book The Carlton Restaurant on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights. With customers' choices and satisfaction in mind, Toni and Gaff can also custom-make menus. A large selection of wines, beers and cocktails are also available (either during the day or in the evening!).
“A great way to start the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I haven't tried the breakfast at the Carlton before but because of having to be out and about on this cold November morning I decided to give it a try, and I wasn't disappointed. I arrive to a lovely welcome and was asked if I'd like to have a drink whilst I looked over the menu. I didn't have to wait very long before the waitress was back with my drink at which time I ordered the full English breakfast. As it was being freshly prepared I had to wait a few minutes but it was worth it. The food was piping hot, the egg was cooked perfectly for me with a lovely runny yolk, the beans sauce was slightly thickened again how I like it, the thick bacon slices were of a good quality and cooked well and the sausages, hash brown and fried tomatoes made for a very filling breakfast. Oh and don't forget the toast. All in all a really lovely breakfasting experience that set me up for the day. The only down side was that I was so full I couldn't partake in any of the lovely homemade cakes that were on offer. Guess that will have to wait until my next visit.

• Visited November 2013

Aberystwyth
“Yummy yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

A Saturday lunch, potato skins with creamy mushrooms & onion rings delicious followed by Toni s homemade roulade yummy

• Visited October 2013
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“My new favourite..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited The Carlton several times during the past month. I wanted to leave a review for sometime now, to express the pure delight of this restaurant and the great experience I have had dining here. I visited the restaurant through hearing many locals discuss in the complex I stay at of the excellent food being served. I wasn't disappointed on my visit, a variety of specials on offer (changing every occasion I visited, which was great) I was truly pleased with the quality of the food. I enjoy eating out and I do like to take the time to give feedback on good experiences. I will be back to this little gem, and to try the evening menu on offer. Thank you for your service and good food. I will be back soon to Aberystwyth town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The garlic bread = wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Having always enjoyed Carlton I was surprised to find new owners/management. Well thy certainly delivered, the food was amazing, I loved thy the garlic bread had fresh garlic on it, and the burger was really tasty. Toni herself is a delight, she brought such a lovely atmosphere, with all the lovely knickknacks and cakes that suited Ben gluten intolerant.
5 out of 5

A must visit!!

Chester, United Kingdom
“A new broom sweeps clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the lovely meal I had on Saturday. we enjoyed our meal in a relaxed environment . We have visited your restaurant twice and both times have found the staff friendly and helpful and the food superb! thank you. We wish The Carlton every success. Well done to everyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere