“Lovely, intimate little restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Le Casablanca has great, homemade fresh mediterranean cuisine which has never disappointed us in the years we have had meals there. We have have lovely, tasty, and unfussy North African couscous there, as well as Tagines, lovely vegetarian meals as well. You can bring your own wine, so this also makes the evening quite reasonably priced. Jo, the owner and chef, is always attentive to details and makes sure you are happy and having a good time. This personal touch adds to the homely, relaxed atmosphere which has made us go back again and again over the years.You'll eat very well, you'll be welcome, and you will feel that you've had a relaxing time with friendly people around you! Highly recommended.
Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely, intimate little restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have been in Aberystwyth since 1994 and have heard many good things about this restaurant, but I never got around to trying it. I finally went there with two friends, and we had a wonderful evening. The food was excellent - very tasty and fresh with clean flavours. The service was attentive, but not intrusive and the ambience very intimate and cosy. The dishes were reasonably priced and the portions were just right. I only have one regret about my visit: that I had not tried this place before!!!

• Visited July 2014
foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We will be very glad to welcome you again to the Casablanca restaurant. Kind regards, Joe.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“DELICIOUS FOOD, ATTENTIVE SERVICE AND COSY ATMOSPHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Casablanca in Aberystwyth is a real gem! Three of us decided to give it a go and we were not disappointed. The food is truly tasty - very distinct flavours served up in traditional North African cookware. A delight. There are excellent vegetarian options as well as really good quality meats eg; lamb and chicken on the whole which are so tender and flavoursome. The delicious fare is added to by an authentic atmosphere with lovely music, warm colours and evocative lighting! I really enjoyed the evening and will definitely be visiting this marvellous restaurant again and again, I am sure! It is best to book as every dish is freshly prepared and some particular items need to be "pre-ordered" eg; cous cous. I had the Chicken tagine (served traditionally) - absolutely wonderful and served with freshly prepared vegetables/salad - very healthy too. This restaurant is highly recommended, but DO book ahead.

• Visited July 2014
foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your experience with us. Joe
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“What a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Amazing, I have been meaning to check this place out for years, but never got round to it. Boy am I glad I did - best meal in a restaurant for years. The food was tasty, well cooked, warming and spicy and a real surprise, why have we not heard more about this fantastic little place

Visited July 2014
foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again. Kind regards. Joe
London, United Kingdom
“Another lovely visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

As ever, friendly, efficient, tasty and value for money. The only thing that could be improved is a bit more variety or some specials as I've tried everything now¬

Visited July 2014
foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank very much for your review.
dorset
“Excellent - as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Each time we plan a visit to Aberystwyth to see our daughter, who is studying at the university, organising a reservation at Casablanca is always a priority. We last went there on 30th May and have already secured a table for September when we need to take her back to Uni after the Summer.
The food is excellent, atmosphere good and staff and owner are friendly.

• Visited May 2014
foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for your review.