“Did not let me down” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 258 Restaurants in Worcester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Did not let me down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I chose Saffrons Bistro because of the reviews on trip advisor and I certainly was not disappointed. The food was great I had black bream with crab risotto and it was amazing. The service was good and attentive without being rushed. The atmosphere was relaxed. Great little find which I would definitely recommend and visit again when I am next in the area.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Thanks for good reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Had dinner at Saffrons on Friday and it certainly lived up to the reviews,Nice staff and good food. Only downside no downstairs disabled toilet.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midlands
“A little gem for special occassions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Food is excellent - we tried the pheasant, pork tenderloin and chicken and it was all moist and full of flavour. Staff are friendly and welcoming and I'd definitely recommend it for all those in search of good food. What a find!

Worcester
“This is precisely why we come back.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

With children, jobs, study etc, going out for a meal tends to be an occasional treat for my wife and me. Having been disappointed in the past, we now tend to gravitate back to Saffrons if we have a rare night out. The food, service, ambiance (including music) are always first rate – and whilst there are some “old standards” on offer, the specials and new dishes brought onto the main menu means that the range of dishes is varied and never stale. There is definitely always something to suit all tastes. One thing about Saffrons is the dishes are so tempting, that there is no need to waste time discussing whether to have a starter and main or a main and a sweet. Have all three courses. You won’t regret it.

I confess to being a bit disappointed this evening that the parsnip and ginger soup I had last time from the specials board was not an option but the herb crusted melting brie served with home-made spicy fig relish from the main menu was a very worthy substitute. My wife chose the panzanella salad (sun blushed tomatoes mixed with
basil, olives, feta cheese, red onion & balsamic soaked bread) for her starter. For the mains – me: Sesame seed topped tuna steak served on a bed of pan fried julienne vegetables with teriyaki sauce – she: chicken in tomato and basil sauce. Both mains were tasty, succulent, and beautiful to look at served with fresh, quality vegetables. There is no rule that says you cannot both have the same dish for any particular course, which is a good job as we were both tempted by the sound of the white peach and raspberry crème brûlée (with a giant shortbread biscuit). Not that the other options did not sound equally delicious but with peach and raspberry as two of the ingredient, I think we were both working on the basis that it would cover two of our five a day! (Our motives may have been suspect but the choice was spot on. Heaven in a little bowl.)

So what we had was an absolutely delicious three-course meal for two, (plus complimentary bread and tapenade whilst perusing the menu) drinks with leisurely coffees and chocolate mints at the end for less than 70 quid. Incredible value. Booking in advance is strongly recommended particularly at weekends. Having dined at Saffrons several times now it is perfectly understandable why the place is so popular.
The service is efficient but you are not rushed, and if you do need a little time to let your main course go down before your dessert…..well that’s fine by the management. They seem to want you to enjoy your evening and so do everything they can to make sure you do. This is precisely why we come back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Saffrons has always been one of my favorite restaurants. Service can not be faulted and the food is totally amazing.
Highly recommended. Hope to return again soon :o)

Visited November 2011