“Amazing food in Worcester” 4 of 5 stars

Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Smite, Worcester WR3 8SY, England   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food in Worcester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel itself is a little in need of repair to its upstairs - our 'suite' had a broken bath rail, torn wallpaper and a broken heater. However, the staff are absolutely lovely, incredibly helpful and can't do enough to please. I have very specific dietary needs and the chef (who had been told when we booked) was happy to adapt his recipes or when challenged to produce me a desert by our charming waiter to invent one for me. His flambé bananas were 'to die for' and deserve to be on the main menu. My non-fussy husband also had a delicious meal. Word of warning to you are going to breakfast with a hangover (which we hadn't) but the resident parrot makes a point of whistling shrilly for attention!

Room Tip: No lift to the rooms and loads of steps
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor which I have passed on to the team.
We have put a maintenance program to ensure that we are keeping on the top of those bedroom issues.
Michael Pique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at the Pear Tree on Friday night, after visiting the Christmas market in Worcester.
Hotel is a little out of the way, but Satnav found it, no problem.
The hotel was lovely, warm and welcoming, and the upgrade was just icing on the cake! We had prebooked a table in the restaurant, again a lovely meal and friendly welcoming staff.
We didn't have breakfast so cannot comment, but if the evening meal was to go by, I would guess it was very nice.
The hotel was lovely and quiet and we would not have any hesitation in booking again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write on here.
I have passed on your lovely comments to the team.
Kind regards.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

It seemed ok on arrival, nothing special, but nothing awful. I thought It lacked any atmosphere and the decor was dated, I did find the branded carpet a bit odd/funny. Most of the staff we came into contact with seemed to be moaning about one another and with the exception of a very friendly man working in the bar I was unimpressed. OK as a stop off en route somewhere I suppose but I won't be going back.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor.
I was chocked and upset to read about your comments regarding the staff moaning to one another and since we had a staff meeting to clear this unacceptable behavior. I can only apologize for this and thanking you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Thank you for your comments for the bar staff which I have passed on.
I am happy to receive more feedback from you regarding the atmosphere to enable me to improve it . michael.pique@thepeartree.co.uk
Dunstable, Beds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my time here. Ok, so the bedroom decoration was a little bit tired, but the shower was good and hot and powerful and it was clean. The outside of the building was pretty and in very pleasant grounds. The staff was very helpful indeed and really friendly. We were also delighted by the resident talking parrot Joey! Worcester was 12 minutes away and had a good wide range of shops. The highlight of our stay was the food. It was absolutely tremendous!! Well presented and tasty. I was shocked at the quality and price. Chef if you could just offer a couple more veggie options I would give you 100%. The bar and dining area must have been recently refurbished as they were pristine and cosy, and on a sunny sunday morning we had the place to ourselves bathed in golden sunshine!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and have passed your compliments to the Chefs.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I booked this hotel due to its location (approx 1mile to Sixways Stadium) as we were attending a rugby match on the night. It looked very nice from the outside and we were greeted by a very friendly and professional receptionist.
Check in was effortless ( we even got upgraded free of charge when we mentioned our stay being a birthday surprise) this was a very nice gesture. Our room was clean, very spacious, and had all the amenities you would expect. The decor will not be to everybody's taste as it is not modern and I suppose could do with a little updating but we were very happy with it. It is after all a country inn and hotel.
We had a few drinks in the bar and found the service excellent and the atmosphere cosy and welcoming. Prices were very reasonable too. No noise could be heard from any other guests or the function that was being held.
Breakfast was part self service and, the usual cereals, fruit, croissants, juices etc. Waitress service for the cooked breakfast and all served promptly and with a smile despite the waitress being rushed off her feet due to staff sickness. The breakfast itself was delicious and made even more entertaining by the "resident " parrot.
Check out was effortless too, we would not hesitate to stay there again, thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us for your 'Birthday Surprise' and for taking the time to write on here.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I booked The Pear Tree Hotel as a stop over to Dorset. It was easy to get to off the M5 (about 1 mile), friendly reception on arrival. We had a bar meal, homemade chicken kiev, which was very good, bar staff very pleasant. Room was very good, clean and spacious but our bed was very hard. Breakfast was good, cooked to order and good choice, friendly waitress. We would stay there again if stop over needed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.
I have passed on your compliments to the relevant team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked The Pear Tree Hotel as a stop over after a concert at The NEC Birmingham. We weren't expecting much as it was only £65 for a double room including breakfast. We arrived early at about 12:45 and were greeted by a friendly receptionist, our room was ready so we could book in early. The room was lovely, a huge double bed, tv and table a chairs also ensure bath shower and toilet all very clean. We had lunch in the inn, it was £10 for 3 courses of exceptionally tasty food great value for money. All staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was plentiful and good quality.
We enjoyed our stay so much we are looking for another excuse to stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write on here.
I will pass on you compliments to the team.
Michael Pique

Been to Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel? Share your experiences!