“What a mixed bag!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #179 of 253 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Eclectic, Bar, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A quirky, vibrant place. Dedicated to good food and great service. Great drink and fun.
“What a mixed bag!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place is a bit of mixed bag. The food is dreadful (the sharing platter had feta cheese that was off, tzatziky tasted seriously weird and something that looked like cat food, which was in fact inedible tapenade and so on...).

On the other hand, they do cocktails 2 for 1 till 21.00 and the Mojito is nice.

The service could be better – we were told to order our drinks from the bar upstairs, because the downstairs bar was too busy – cheeky! It wasn’t actually that busy at all!

My friends ordered cocktails with fresh blueberries, but they run out. My friends were then offered to have blueberry syrup instead, which they refused. About 40 minutes later, the drinks have finally arrived with the blueberries.

On the plus side, there is a bit of life there with young mingling people…. nowhere else in Worcester to go really….but a wannabe trendy, chavvy and expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Food & Service Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I visited at lunch time and used a Groupon deal for soup and sandwich. Arrived 12:15 and not very busy. Ordering was painless and as I didn't like the soup of the day I was offered fries to accompany my sandwich - which was an appreciated and accepted gesture. Sat outside in the sunshine and food arrived within 10 mins. Sandwiches were filling and yes I shared my fries with my wife. Service was with a smile and prompt.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great beer! Shame about the rest of it....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I got tempted in recently on a sunny day....was delighted to see Leffe on draught! It was so nice that I had to have a second, so I ordered some tapas to go alongside. The chips were soggy, as was the batter on the calamari. The meatballs were tough and dry - and the sauce was bland. The service, however. was good. A shame the food couldn't match it. I would go back for a drink but won't be eating again. Also, as a wine drinker, I would have liked more choice than the LWC Healy & Gray own brand range.

“don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

took my mum here for lunch today. after ordering we had to wait 30 min till our food arrived - too long. when it did the chips were actually fries (they used to be lovely chunky chips), and cold. my cajun chicken wrap was let down by the burnt peppers and hard tortilla. both of our side salads consisted of just lettuce with no dressing at all. mum said she liked her burger but she had to eat it with a knife and fork as the entire thing fell apart as soon as she picked it up. will not be returning.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“What a shame!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I walk past House often and have always wanted to stop and eat so on Friday night I went with a group of 9. The place only had a few customers yet when we asked for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc was told they had run out. We opted for the House white instead which was pretty disappointing.
Out of 9 of us only my dish was decent. I had the Cajun wrap and it was pretty good but needed some seasoning. The chips were awful. Soggy and seemed microwaved. The salad was warm and limp. Very strange.
The rest of the meals were downright awful.
2 in our party ordered the mozzerella and tomato salad but they ran out of mozzarella. Who runs out of mozzerella at 8 on a Friday night?
They substituted goats cheese which I was told was pretty bad.
The ribs were congealed and stuck together as one huge rib so couldn't be pulled apart, the hamburger only filled half the bun, the humous was quite nice but the calamari was tasteless.
Our bill was £133. Was only worth about £30.
We won't be eating here again.
Oh and it looks like the Manager comes on Tripadvisor and replies that all the bad reviews are former employees. I have the receipt to prove otherwise if they try that on this one!
The restaurant itself is really lovely, great outdoor space and nice music but dang they need to sort out the food!

• Visited June 2014