“Delicious food in a beautiful setting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 258 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set on the beautiful and tranquil setting of the River Severn's South Quay just a stones throw away froml the hectic city life. This spot is an absolute favourite for families and visitors to Worcester alike. At any time of day enjoy relaxing while the children play in the fountains, or feed the swans on the river. Start your day relaxed. Join us for a morning tea or coffee, or get set for the day with a continental style breakfast 11am - 3pm: Want to escape the city buzz for a relaxed lunch? The Quay offers a modern and multicultured variety of choices for a quality lunch. Italian and flat breads, pastas, tapas, and daily specials. 3Pm - 5pm: The traditional english afternoon tea. A selection of teas, cakes, pastries sandwiches and everything you need to enjoy the beautiful River Severn views. 5Pm: Looking to dine out for the evening? Want to treat friends or a loved one? Then book in with us for our evening service. Make a choice from our fresh fish counter, or select from our menu of specials designed by our top team of chefs. Experience the heighst of fine dining and enjoy an exquisite evening. Late: We take you late while you enjoy the sights and sounds of the South Quay. This is a time for a wide ranging choice of cocktails, wines and champagnes, a perfect finish to the day. The Quay also offers a conference room available for corporate events or private hire. With a variety of options, including cocktail making courses, and wine tasting with a selection of the best wines from across the world. We can tailor the experience to your needs. Contact us to discuss your options.
Leicester
“Delicious food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Made an unplanned visit to this restaurant. Got to sit outside on a lovely evening, warmed by outdoor heaters. Served with a delicious fish board and accompanying side dishes and a bottle of wine to share with a friend, all for the great price of £30! The food was absolutely delicious, and I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Red Leicester

Thank you for your recent review of The Quay. We were so glad to hear you enjoyed the Fish Night Special Sharing Board. This offer is now proving very popular indeed, as is our Steak Night on a Tuesday. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again to The Quay very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very good food and service, excellent night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Me and my boyfriend both thoroughly enjoyed our steak and cocktails at the quay, all cooked perfectly and very tasty, lovely cocktails - very generous sizes. We will definitely be returning again throughout the summer! Staff were very attentive and polite throughout our meal, and made us feel very welcome. keep up the good work!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Emma L

Thank you for leaving such great feedback after your recent visit to The Quay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Steaks and Cocktails. Pleased to hear you might visit us again during the Summer, when you can take advantage of the riverside dining area (weather permitting of course!)

Worcester, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We visited this restaurant after reading some decent reviews and knowing the manager's reputation with one of Worcester's finest restaurant, Browns.

we walked in to find the bar stacked high with dirty glasses waiting to be washed. At one time there were 5 staff behind the bar, one was serving (but the till crashed), two were chatting, one was texting and the other just looked like he knew he should be doing something but didn't know what. No-one seemed to notice the thirty or so glasses piling up on the bar.

The food sounded amazing but by the time we'd waited for the last plate to arrive in our group of 4, the rest of the dinners were luke warm. The service was so slow and each course took a long time to serve. The staff all seemed to be rushing around and busy but I'm not sure what they were doing.

The location and the ambience of The Quay is great - you just need to sharpen up your bar and waiting services. You wouldn't have got away with it at Browns!

Dear Annie B

Thank you for your review of The Quay. I was sorry to hear that some aspects of your visit were disapointing, at the time we were having a lot of problems with our tills and we were trying to sort out these issues during a very busy lunchtime. A member of staff was on his phone speaking to our till company during this time. Staff are not allowed to text on duty and I am sorry you were left with the impression that this was happening. I would have been glad to have been given a chance to put right any problems you had with your meal at the time, or to compensate you, if we knew you were unhappy.

Please feel free to call me to discuss your visit, and I hope I will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Delicious & Beautifully presented food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the quay this evening for the first time, we were seated as requested outside, I had the chefs menu which was a a salt beef terrine which was delicious, homemade breads, for mains my husband had a rib eye steak which I tasted with creamed mushroom and little potato wedges it was delicious, my main was pork belly & black pudding, oh my it was stunning served with crispy vibrant green vegetables and baby dauphnoiise, I enjoyed my meal so much I didn't want it to finish.
The assist manager was lovely looked after us and made us feel very welcome.
We look forward to visiting again in the future.

Downham Market, United Kingdom
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We all had fillet steak. Whilst not top notch still very good. Servers v attentive and meals contained extra amuse bouches. Overall experience very good indeed would recommend to anyone. Quite expensive.