“Super friendly and well looked after” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elgars Coffee Shop & Licensed Restaurant

Elgars Coffee Shop & Licensed Restaurant
16 Reindeer court | Worcester, Worcester WR1 2DS, England (Formerly Elgars)
01905 726977
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 241 restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Continental, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Elgars coffee shop and licensed restaurant sits in the historical part of Worcester City Centre in Reindeer Court. Elgars is housed in a traditional beamed 16th century building, the coffee shop blends traditional English decor with Mediterranean influences.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Super friendly and well looked after”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I visit here every time I'm in worcester - what friendly service - they love kids here & and always pull out all the stops! My nephews enjoy the lollipops he gives then for free & we love the baklava. Mustafa who owns this place is one of life's true gentlemen! Thank u! Maria x

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mustafa G, Owner at Elgars Coffee Shop & Licensed Restaurant, responded to this review, October 14, 2013

Regards

Musty

80% Recommend
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A great lunch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just (Saturday) had an excellent lunch for two at Elgars. My Coronation chicken sandwich on granary came with a side salad with Pringles, knife and fork as this is a "doorstep" sandwich packed with quality content. My wife had the Thai chicken soup with granary bread.

Both of us were delighted with our respective choices.

Coffee came in large cups, which is of course my preference.

Staff all very helpful polite and quick to clear away used plates and dishes etc.

All in all a very pleasant experience. One that I hope to enjoy again next time I visit Worcester.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Regards

Musty
Peterborough
“Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We called in on spec for lunch, not knowing the area (we were on a weekend visit, never being here before), and were more than pleasantly surprised. As downstairs appeared a bit crowded we were invited to the upstairs seating area, and was immediately struck by the well presented surroundings. We were immediately welcomed and offered a menu. Given the weather outside, we wanted something warm to eat so my wife and I chose the jacket potato option, my better half the tuna fish topping and myself the cheddar cheese with coleslaw. I should add there was little delay between deciding what we wanted, the order being taken and the food finally arriving. The jacket potatoes when they arrived were some of the biggest I've seen and ditto the topping - no scrimping here. Unusually for me, I couldn't finish off my meal, despite it being delicious.
We left Elgars well satisfied and can certainly recommend the establishment; it certainly sets the standard for others to follow and on how it should be done (I would include cafes and restaurants in this statement).

10 out of 10 for food, portion size, service and atmosphere at a reasonable price.

• Visited March 2013
Bromsgrove
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been going to Elgars for many years and have never had a bad experience. The light lunches/backed potato's are always tasty, sandwiches always well filled. Had the bacon,sausage and fried egg sandwich, delicious. The service is always spot on, a warm welcome, and attentive service, with plenty of staff. Hope not too many people read this, want to keep it to ourselves.

• Visited February 2013
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Another great lunch at Elgar's...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just can't say enough good things about this place. We visited again this weekend for lunch, and as ever were not disappointed.

My wife and I had the melted cheese and bacon baguette, and a honey mustard chicken salad. Both were superb, mainly due to the top-notch ingredients Elgar's uses throughout. Also had a divine cup of Earl Grey to wash it down.

Great service, wonderful food, and always a friendly atmosphere. You must try it !

• Visited February 2013