“Not Happy - Won't be returning” 1 of 5 stars

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   62 Foregate St, Worcester WR1 1EA, England   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Not Happy - Won't be returning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The one star goes for the excellent customer service - if you manage to get hold of someone. but that is the best i can say

- Boiling hot with no aircon.
- half a tiny window open - bathroom window would not open. Neither would hallway window.
- No one answered the phone on reception
- had to sit in room with door propped wide open and a wind terbine in my face just to try and circulate some air.
- Chair at desk fits under desk - unless someone is sitting on it.

And I havent even spent the night yet!!

Unfortunately, the more no one alnswers the phone, the angrier i have become. I went downstairs. No one to be seen. For quite some time.As a business travelloer, I am looking for a desk to work at. Instead, I have back ache from having to lean forward on my chair as the stool is so high that even a ghost would struggle to get its legs under neith.

I would not stay here again based on the fact it just does not suit any comfort aspect for me. In the slightest!!

If comfort is not on your list of priorities, it is traditionally decoratedand interior is in keeping with the era (kind of). beautiful staircase in lobby. And has parking at £6 per day. It is in te middle of town (also not suitable for me) and it would be quiet from road noise - if it wasnt for the industrial generator right outside my window. Not forgetting the wind terbine fan noise which is escentual !for survival!

Oh and couldnt use the pool either

Room Tip: don't stay here on a hot day. or if you require the desk!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I was most concerned to read your feedback regarding your recent visit and apologise that the services provided did not meet with your expectations. It is only the public areas that have the benefit of airconditioning; unfortunately none of the bedrooms have this facility. I am sorry that you found it difficult to work in the room; the rooms in the original part of the hotel are more suited to the lesiure guest but the rooms to the rear of the hotel do in fact have a large desk area so are probably more comfortable for those who need to work in their room. I appreciate that you state you will not return but should you change your mind, please contact me direct and I will ensure that you have a more comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel

We booked an executive room which was not huge but nice and light with two large windows – unfortunately they only opened a few inches and it was really hot.

Firm but comfortable bed – even partner with bad back was happy with it. Large flat-screen TV with lots of channels. Wifi was £5 for 24 hours and wouldn’t connect anyway, so they refunded it without a fuss.

Large convenient car park though it might be difficult to find a space at busy times.

The room was at the front of the hotel overlooking a street that was lively, to say the least, well into Friday and Saturday night. I didn’t mind that so much, and obviously it’s beyond the control of the hotel. What was really irritating was being woken up at 5.30 on Sunday morning by a pavement-cleaning machine, hours before anyone was likely to be out and about.

The hotel is in a good location in the centre of Worcester which is a charming place to spend a few days.

Very friendly and attentive staff, both in reception and at breakfast. Breakfast was OK with fruit arranged prettily in glasses. No grapefruit. The cooked breakfast was a bit limited, with tinned tomatoes and mushrooms. Tea/coffee and toast was brought to the table, which makes a pleasant change.

One small gripe – the double bed only had two pillows, and only one spare one in the wardrobe. We had to ask twice before getting another one.

Overall an enjoyable stay, and we had no problems with the seagulls!

Room Tip: Our room at the front was noisy but good for people-watching. If you want a quiet room perhaps go fo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the levels of service provided by the staff to a high standard. My apologies for the inconvenience caused by the lack of a fourth pillow - please be assured that I will ensure there is not a recurrence of this. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with work. Nice big room very comfy bed, so big I could have gotten lost. I was in the new part of the building which was lovely. The room was very clean. The only down side was the receptionists . I arrived at the same time as a large group of elderly guests. One receptionist checked them in and the other just flicked through bits of paper and wasn't dealing with people at all and I do believe there was another receptionist in the back. This is a big hotel and would have had many staff. After checking in at 14.30 I needed directions to a shopping centre that was literally a 3 minute walk away, she didn't know where it was and suggested googling it! When I stated I had already done that I was told to walk north out if the building! Erm I didn't bring my compass! Another receptionist had to come and help and then I still had to use my iPhone to get me there. Breakfast was ok- under cooked boiled bacon over cooked sausages dry beans cold toast and rubber fried eggs although on my way out I did see someone being delivered scrblef eggs fresh from the kitchen but these weren't offered to me. Overall I'd stay again but only if work was paying and I of course don't need directions for a return trip

• Stayed August 2013
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the levels of housekeeping to a high standard but am sorry that you were unhappy with the service provided by the the reception team and the quality breakfast. This is most unusual as we enjoy an excellent reputation for both.
watford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

ok so bank holiday and we wanted to visit friends , my wife looked on line and came up with THE WHITEHOUSE HOTEL WORCESTER , she booked on line including the reserved parking fee , we arrived and went to book in , like I said courtesy cost nothing but we got it in spades. booking checked, and having got our key we went up , this hotel is full of nice curves soft leather seats and a peaceful atmosphere , the room fairly standard but immaculate a spotless bathroom and comfortable chairs flat screen tv in fact all you need for a good night or a good weeks stay ,there is no difference in standard, morning and breakfast full English or continental take your choice everything is available and if you have a special need make it known they will try to do what you want . greeted and seated by dining room staff quiet efficiency rules , the choice of food is good in both cases and tea or coffee comes in pots juice is available too . bar staff very good it seems that there is a happy team all working to make this the best available hotel and I think they have succeeded.this hotel getsa full ten of ten for me and I would recommend it very highly to anyone , I for one will rebook when we go again to Worcester , and I am confident that the service will be excellent as standard , well done and thanks to all for an outstanding stay ,

Room Tip: there are no noisy rooms , weddings are catered for , and the best tip is if you want to get here bo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and will certainly pass your compliments onto the team as your comments will be much appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit the city.
Salford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We got a good rate for the Whitehouse through a booking website, and were perfectly happy with our one night stay here. Location is right in the middle of town but there are some rooms that get peace and quiet (114 was ours). The room was a good size, well furnished with a good bed and clean bathroom. Lobby and reception areas were also pleasant, although the carpets needed a good clean or a better vacuum cleaner. Breakfast was fine, a well cooked buffet job. Full credit to the staff as well - always friendly and keen to help. All in all a good stay - thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay although have noted your comment about the carpets and have spoken to the Head Housekeeper accordingly. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel on the 19th and 20th August. First impressions of the hotel were nice, however has the day progressed little things that showed a lack of interest in the overall upkeep - outside the cigarette butt container was overflowing, inside the carpets were dirty and worn on the stairs, as you walked across the internal bridge on the 2nd floor the roof was in full view showing stagnant water and moss which would take an hour or less to clean. The staff were very helpful as we had arrived early and managed to accommodate us, however there had been a double booking which was not picked up on and we ended up having to pay for a no-show even though we were there and had been since 11:00 the morning of check in. Our room was clean and i think the cleaning staff did a great job. However it was very noisy, seagull (which i know nothing can be done about) and a constant thudding noise like that of an industrial site working through the night. As the room was very hot it was not possible to close the windows against the noise for fear of dehydration. We did not eat dinner at the hotel and I must say if the breakfast was an indication of the quality it was a good decision.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Please be assured that I will investigate the points you have raised with regards to the lack of attention to detail in the public areas; I am pleased however that you found the levels of housekeeping in your room to a high standard. Unfortunately, we were unable to pick up that you had made a two reservations for the same period of time as they were booked via totally different sources and under totally different names. I am surprised at your feedback about breakfast as we enjoy an excellent reputation for this but I will of course discuss this with the team in order to further improve our offering.
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel Friday 16th August.
The staff were very friendly and helpful our twin room was immaculate, lovely hot water for a shower.
Although the room was hot we were provided with a fan this was not a problem.
The breakfast was excellent we didn't need to eat again until early evening.
Will stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team. I look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Been to Worcester Whitehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!