“Afternoon tea or an All you can eat buffet ??” 2 of 5 stars

You added Worcester Whitehouse Hotel to your Saves list
Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   62 Foregate St, Worcester WR1 1EA, England   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
“Afternoon tea or an All you can eat buffet ??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We visited this hotel myself my mom and sister for an afternoon tea experience which we purchased from groupon. We purchase lots of teas this way and I have to say this was one of the most disappointing we have been to. The advert was beautiful, cloth napkins, Cake stands, beautiful crockery ????? This was all no where to be seen. Instead we got stained tea pots, 3 trays of sandwiches which you helped yourself to along with everyone else with a bit if cling film strategically placed over it, rock hard scones with communal pots of jam and a once frozen Victoria sponge cake !!
Really really disappointed I certainly would not pay full price for this ! Even the price we did pay I felt was overpriced and that was £5 per person !!!

• Stayed September 2012
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I am sorry that you did not enjoy our Afternoon Tea. We take guest feedback extremely seriously and are always happy to take on board constructive comments which is why we moved to a buffet style service. Our service was originally as described however, due to guest feedback we actually changed it to a buffet style operation so that guests could help themselves. Unfortunately, by offering a service that has been requested by a vast number of people, it would appear that we cannot please everyone for which I apologise. With regards to your comments about the food I can assure you that our selection is freshly prepared on a daily basis and I am pleased to say that we have catered for over 600 guests on this offer and have received many compliments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed in room 101 on 28th September. Despite the ominous room number, everything was well apportioned with a good-sized bathroom and a complimentary bottle of wine. Tea and coffee making facilities and biscuits are provided and a range of toiletries. The staff were all helpful, especially a young Frenchwoman (Una?) at breakfast who managed to find me a teapot when they had all been used up. Breakfast was completely adequate and plentiful. The only downside from our perspective was the noise in the room during the night, both of the traffic type and from vibrations in the room caused by activity in other rooms. Not a great night's sleep but everything else was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and will certainly pass your compliments onto Iva. I am sorry that you were disturbed by external noise, it is a slight downside of our excellent location right in the centre of this historial city. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights , nice and quiet.loverly brasseri and breakfast.
i didnt use the spa as i was in on business and didn't realy have time but maybe on my next visit i will try it out.
the room itself was great and it was spottless clean had a great conversation with a blonde room attendant fantastic young lady, (michelle) i think her name was,couldnt of done enough for me and micheal in the restaurant was attentive too
i look forward to staying again definatly on 2nd floor, thank you to those two staff members who made my stay that extra bit special and an overall thankyou for a plesant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and will certainly pass your compliments onto Michelle and Michael, who as a result of being mentioned each receive a box of chocolates.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is good as 3+ starts but it is the best in Worcester. On the other hand, staff are very kind, nice and helpful. I would have a special thanks to Mr. Michael Lupino. He was very helpful and so friendly.

Room Tip: If you go to Worcester in summer, make sure that you get an Air Conditioned room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us and found the customer service levels high - I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team, specifically Michael. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed in this hotel was attending a wedding in the area. Staff very good, breakfast lovely and room comfortable. The sausages were the nice I had in a hotel. The room got very warm and window did not fully open. Only really bad point.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the wedding reception; we also offer wedding packages and are licenced for civil ceremonies. I have passed your compliments on to the team and hope to have the oportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I went with my sister for a groupon visit of use of spa facilities and afternoon tea. After the wait to be introduced to the spa the facilities were good and we enjoyed a relaxing time there for an hour or two. Tea was in the restaurant area and the Food services supervisor Michael Lupino was very attentive and helpful. The food was good and we had top ups of tea. A very pleasant experience but the hotel in general looked very quiet. Easy access from Worcester station, just over the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time and will certainly pass your compliments onto Michael. Afternoon tea is served daily from 2-5pm and is available to anyone not just Groupon guests, who wishes to relax and enjoy a traditional experience. I hope that now you have visited us, we can have the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hotel manager did there best to accomadations our travelling family of six in adjoining room.

It is what I expect from uk hotels, overpriced by European standards, not to mention us or aus but the best in the area with the stone manor up the road. Having lived in the uk in the 90's I had hoped it had moved on

Pool needs cleaning, scale, mould, broken tiles are not acceptable given they could be easi
Y remedied.

July 7-10th 2012

Room Tip: Only hotel option in central worcs, fowler down road poor option
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I note your comments about the pool and will ask the Maintenance Engineer to take the necessary corrective action. I hope that you had a safe onward trip and that we have the pleasure of your company next time you're in the city.

Been to Worcester Whitehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!