“Improved!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Droitwich-Spa
“Improved!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took 5 family members for a return breakfast visit.
We arrived after 9:30am & paid for full breakfasts with unlimited tea/coffee. The team were on top of the breakfast buffet as hot food dishes items were replenished quickly. Went back for a second coffee & a tea for family member, but this time they had run out of milk & tea bags. Took a while to get the attention of the lady who served us as I understand she was multi-tasking, virtually on her own! Milk and tea were replenished and she provided good friendly and efficient service from when we arrived. This carvery has a 2 slice toaster, more suited for a home, which is slow and can cause a queue to form. Urgently needs a conveyor toaster like some other Toby Carveries and restaurant brands. Overall food was good although they longer feature quality sausages on the menu (mushrooms went some time ago & also after that black pudding)-I think they used to be Lincolnshire sausages , but now just “Pork Sausages” perhaps bacon not quite so good either, but “passable” This however is a brand issue rather than aimed at a specific restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Worcester UK
“Ok for a quick meal if you can't be bothered to cook!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The main plus point is the improved decor after the fire last year. The staff are friendly and helpful but the carvery is fairly poor especially compared to the Toby at Quinton, Birmingham. Veggie choice was limited and the cabbage was so dried up it was inedible. Meat portions were ok and the yorkshire pud was nice. There were no boiled potatoes, just mash or roasties. the roasties were nice but some parsnips would have been good too. We had vouchers which enabled us to have virtually free soup for a starter. It wasn't the best Carrot and Coriander I've had but then I make a lot of soup myself so you do get spoilt! What astounded me the most was the dried up slice of sliced white bread served with the soup!!!! Come on Toby carvery you can get better than that in a transport cafe!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best carvery for the price in the area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

For six pounds on weekdays the best carvery. consistent good food. The increase in price for Sunday is a bit hard to swallow with no change in quantity or menu but overall a clean comfortable experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester
“Worst breakfast ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hardly any staff, incapable of producing all items of breakfast simultaneously and what was produced was horrible. Tea and Coffee ran out, took ages to replenish and was luke warm. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Droitwich-Spa
“Ran out of Food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was intending to take 4 family members to the Toby Carvery (The Marlbrook in Bromsgrove) for breakfast, however as I has to collect a family member from Worcester went to the Ketch instead, a big mistake!!
We arrived at 10:15am & paid for full breakfasts with unlimited Tea/coffee. The others went up to get their breakfast items & I went for coffee first, but had to wait a little while as the jug of filtered coffee had run out. When I got to the breakfast dishes they had run out of potato rosti, bacon & sausages & only 2 of my party were able to get full breakfasts. The other just 2 fried eggs & 1 potato rosti .One of the staff members said it would be at least 20 mins before they started cooking fresh items & suggested we all asked for our money back. The problem was one member of my party had already had a full plate, the other a small breakfast & the third wanted to eat and was so hungry he just ate 2 fried eggs & 1 potato rosti!. Three of us therefore went hungry .My daughter had filtered coffee & said it tasted awful ;I tried mine –It was stewed & very weak, not up to the usual standard .We went to the till & got our money back for 3 Breakfasts .The only good thing about this experience was the excellent customer service skill /friendliness of 1staff member who explained that they had to throw food away the day before as the expected influx of people from the nearby car boot sale had not materialised .I am surprised however that for Bank Holiday Monday not enough food was on hand ?! I also noticed that there was a car boot sale on@ the nearby Ketch .We had to wait for 2 family members to finish their breakfasts, but my daughter only had a small breakfast with 1 sausage & could not get any more as there was non available. This is really poor service when Breakfast is advertised as being available till11:00am .After we left we had to find a place that still served breakfast from10:40 am, but the occasion was ruined as 2 were already partly fed.

Avoid!