“OH DEAR NO XMAS CHEER” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #182 of 253 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: American, Diner, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Full American dining experience... Book you table or party with us now!
birmingham
“OH DEAR NO XMAS CHEER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visited here after visiting friends for xmas what a shame. i wish i had not bothered the food was slow coming out and cold when it arrived the service was slow and rude and all in all a great lack of xmas cheer. We will not be visiting again.
it is such a shame as the venue itself is great please think twice before going.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I went here for a birthday and the best thing about it was the company! The service was awful, two things on the menu i asked for, are not served on a Saturday! The king prawns were five small prawns with a bit of lettuce, overpriced! I eventually ordered chicken and bacon salad. That was burnt chicken and bacon on slimy lettuce. Worcester needs a tgi's not an overpriced, sub standard gimmick

tenbury wells
“Could do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Went to Detroit's for a birthday celebration with a group of 11.
We took ourselves to our table as it had been pointed out by the waitress. I had the 'char grilled KING prawns', well I think it is safe to say they may have started out as king prawns but by the time they got to me they were tiny (not a tiny price though) so was not impressed at all. We then had a long wait between courses and needed to ask twice to have the starter plates removed. They do state on their website that its worth the wait, but we seated ourselves at 8.05pm and received our mains at 9.45pm after prompting the waitress. I had the Elvis burger which was extremely tasty and a good challenge. All of us enjoyed our food, drinks and the evening, but felt the service needs to be improved, the waitresses need to know the menu the cooking also needs to be speeded up as the wait between course's was too long and to top it all we felt ushered out at the end of the evening. In my opinion there was no one managing the restaurant and making sure the customers were happy. As a customer the service must be just as good as the food, I certainly won't be rushing back, but love the concept and hope the owners will take the time to read their reviews so that on the Saturday before Christmas next year they can fully fill the restaurant with satisfied customers.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Thought the bad reviews were unjustified”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was concerend about this place before I went as I'd heard such mixed reviews about it.

It's worth noting that we went on a Sunday, and there were only 3 groups in the restaurant. Our food came out in good time and was tasty and felt over the top and American, which is what we came for!

I went for a massive Elvis themed burger. Was totally full but it was very tasty.

The decor and atmosphere are great, and they've done a really good job kitting the place out. I just wonder if the food and service quality would have been that much worse had we have gone on a busy Saturday

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Good and bad points”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We came here on a week night and at any time there were only about 6 more tables being used so not very busy.
The waiting staff were brilliant but the food took so long.
I always try and think positively when food takes so long by thinking at least it's all freshly cooked, which this obviously was , but for the type of food it is, it took an excessive amount of time. However my steak was cooked to perfection and of good quality.
Drinks menu looks fantastic and I had a milkshake which was gorgeous.
The actually design and interior of the building is amazing and it's a really great atmosphere.
Prices are a little high but not ridiculous. Wouldn't really have minded paying the prices if the food had come out quicker.
Wouldn't prioritise going here for evening dinner again but would happily try breakfast or lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere