“Promising start...” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, British, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Bar & Bistro on Copenhagen Street serving homemade food using locally sourced produce.
Birmingham
“Promising start...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Came in for coffee/cake on a wet, busy Saturday morning. Immediately greeted and shown to a table by two friendly members of staff. Coffee was excellent, and so was the gluten-free coconut slice. This was my first time here, but on the basis of this experience we're going to call in for a weekend breakfast or lunch in the not too distant future! So nice to go somewhere which isn't 'corporate' and where staff do genuinely seem to be interested in providing good service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rebecca W, Owner at GINGER PIG Cafe Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Very, very glad you had such a good first time and I do hope your future visits continue not to disappoint. We take reservations in the week which is always a good idea if you visit at lunchtime. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we pass on all reviews to the staff and it's great to be able to tell them they did a good job.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Perfect Cream Tea.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

As part of a Tuesday routine a group of us visit the pig on a weekly basis, where we enjoy a cream tea each. Being away from home at university it offers a beautiful taste of home, whilst surrounding us with classy surroundings and a warm friendly environment. It must be good for us to come back weekly, and thus far the standards have always been very high. recommend fully.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for your lovely review. I'm really glad you enjoy your routine visit and please let me know when you're next so I can reward your loyalty! Students with good taste - brilliant :o)

I would love to hear your feedback regarding Atmosphere and Service as we are striving to get these things perfect!

Cheers
Worcesterhsire
“Just 'OK', wouldn't go back....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my mum for lunch yesterday and it was the first time we had been. I had the 'special sandwich' which was bacon, mozzarella and basil. When it came I was disappointed. It was two very thin slices of bread with ONE piece of bacon in, and very thinly sliced mozzarella - and this cost £6.95!! I couldn't believe that they were willing to charge so much for a sandwich with so little filling!! The service was pretty slow too, although staff were pleasant. Overall I thought this was poor value for very average food. I won't be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I'm so sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. Our sandwich specials are usually very successful. We are undergoing a lot of change in the kitchen at the moment, new staff and staff holidays etc. This may explain why your sandwich wasn't up to expectations. I do hope you are able to give us another try in a month or so when our staff have settled and speeded up!. Please ask to speak to a manager if you return and explain your previous experience - I am sure we can do something to compensate and hopefully change your opinion.
United Kingdom
“Lovely food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here on a Sunday lunchtime with my mum and two friends!
We all had a coffee each my sister had a lovely organic pear cider called Wyld wood....was yummy!!!!!
I had a chicken salad and was honestly one of the bests salads I've ever eaten, was real good. We all enjoyed our food, good service, nice clean place if I was to go to Worcester again I'd definitely go there again.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for writing some feedback for us - it's fantastic to know we got it right for you and I hope all your visits are as successful. The chicken is free range, from a local supplier 'Springfield' and roasted here on the premises, so really glad you appreciated it so much.
“Fed up of wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

As i only had an hour for lunch with friends we pre ordered our table and food early in the morning. And was assured our food would be ready when we arrived. We arrived on time and no sign of our food. After half an hour of waiting we were understandably getting progressively annoyed. After 50 mins of waiting our food arrived. We complained to the staff however we werent even offered an apology and we swiftly left. Terrible service and the food was nothing special. Overall annoying experience

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rebecca W, Owner at GINGER PIG Cafe Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Sammy - I am terribly sorry you had such a poor experience. It sounds so shocking I can hardly believe it. It would help me immensely if you could let me know which day and describe your server and food to me so that I can investigate this. I am stunned you weren't apologised to and appalled at your waiting time. Our service is something we pride ourselves on and we work really hard to find the right staff. I cannot believe your are describing our cafe....

No excuses, but there are some factors that may have contributed to your experience. We are undergoing big staff changes in our kitchen, We thought we had finally found someone but were gutted to discover they weren't right for us and they no longer work for us but consequently we are a little short staffed. They have been replaced but the new person won't be able to start for a couple of weeks. We have recently suffered a family bereavement which briefly led to an unusual team makeup and we have had an incredibly unreliable internet connection for a month which is just making running the business generally hard! Perhaps some of these things influenced your visit.

I can only apologise and if you would like to give us another go, please email me to reserve your table and I will personally make sure we perform to our best (which is usually very good) and see if we can change your mind.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
regards