“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Brierley Hll
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Booked this hotel last minute in the week leading up to what must be the busiest weekend in Worcester with the Victorian Market in town, and what a great weekend it was the hotel was superb. Staff were always courteous & helpful, Rooms were fine - clean and spacious, The bar was full both nights (Fri & Sat) with a great atmosphere, we ate in the bar both nights where the food was excellent. Yes there was noise from outside on the street during the night but when you stay in the heart of city at a weekend you have to expect this, the hotel cannot be responsible for what happens on the street outside! The smoking area in the courtyard seems to be a bone of contention with some people but why for the life of me i will never know they cannot smoke inside so surely outside is the only option! The only complaint we would have if any, was the lack of staff at the reception area but that would be knit picking. All in all a good hotel in a great location would certainly go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. At Old English Inns we really value every one of our customer’s comments. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old English Inns in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I travel to Worcester frequently for work and have stayed at quite a few of the local hotels. This was my first stay at the Ye Olde Talbot though and I really enjoyed it. I don't know what it was like before the recent refurbishment but I thought it was a very nice, unique hotel and excellent value for money.

The location is great, close to the cathedral, the center of town and lots of restaurants. My room was very clean and comfortable. There is free WiFi throughout which I really appreciated. This is an old building though with lots of quirks and uneven floors but I found this charming and it makes the hotel unique and much more interesting than a boring chain hotel.

The hotel has a really nice pub with a large menu of interesting looking choices. I didn't have dinner there but I did have the breakfast that was included with the room and served in the pub. Breakfast was really good and there are lots of delicious cooked options.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be back. The Ye Olde Talbot will be my first choice when staying in Worcester from now on.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room that isn't adjacent to the street.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.
We do value all comments good and bad and take great pride in offering the best possible experience for all our guests. We look forward to welcoming to back to one of our Inns very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

A very pleasent stay. can recommend this hotel. friendly staff good food and large bar. breakfast is from 7 till 12. Great if you want to sleep in. will visit again when in worcester. all in all worcester has alot to offer, if you like abit of piece and quiet.

• Stayed September 2011
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ye Olde Talbot or one of other Old English Inns very soon.
Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is a historic building not a charmless Travellodge. I was here to work nearby. This would be a fantastic base to explore the city. The tv was not working due to an areal problem, but watched it on my laptop via the free wifi link. The staff were verry patient with me showing me how to conect to the wi fi. £3.20 for a pint of guiness so only had one ( I am tight and and dont want to pay pub prices) Remember though this is an inn not a hotel. I had kipper for breakfast and it came quickly and was very nice. Lovley staff were polite to me even though I was very grumpy

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our Old English Inn. We do value all feedback and work hard to maintain good service to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Old English Inns very soon.
Grantham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed here while on a course. Hotel was good very poor parking had to park in The Adjacent NCP car park which was expensive even with the hotel discount. Food was good in the bar and breakfast. Rooms where good. Hotel was in a good location close to town and eats. One problem was the hotel is built around a court yard which was dirty and full of smokers. The other problem was noise from street

Room Tip: Away from street if possible
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed in room 6.
THE POSITIVES: Location was good for our needs. Breakfast was served until late morning, good choice and range to choose from. Staff were generally polite and helpful. Bed was surprisingly comfy, bed linen and towels were of good quality and were clean. Shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water.
THE NEGATIVES: The whole place is in desperate need of redecoration and refurbishment. Our room was shabby - peeling wallpaper, scuffed furniture, plenty of cobwebs and fluff. The wardrobe was oversized for the room which made navigating round to the far side of the bed awkward. The toilet seat needed a good clean and a tap head came off in my husband's hand! We were glad we were only staying for one night and thus required minimal time in and use of, the bathroom. The location is very noisy both from traffic noise and rowdy young drinkers on the streets. This meant we couldn't sleep with the window open which made the room stuffy. Air con would be a big improvement, as would upgrading the double glazing to reduce noise pollution. The place is a confusing warren - wouldn't like to have to exit in a hurry. We didn't appreciate the occupants of room 2 having a crafty smoke in bed which set off the hotel's fire alarm at 7.30 on the Sunday morning - which part of the 'NO SMOKING' on their room door didn't they understand?
A FINAL WARNING: if you use the nearby Cathedral multi storey car park, make sure you exit before the 24 hr mark. We unwittingly exited the car park 2 minutes after the 24 hrs and were stung for an extra day's parking (£6) = OUCH! A warning in hotel reception would be useful.

Room Tip: I would avoid this place until it has undergone a major refit! Having spoken to other guests, some r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us Ye Olde Talbot Hotel, we welcome feedback of any nature and I am glad you have bought these matters to my attention. We are pleased to inform you that we are ongoing a refurbishment throughout the month of November which will see an improvement in the rooms, bar and Restaurant area. I am positive that after this, we will impress our guests and achieve high standards of presentation.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Talbot in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and I go to Ye Olde Talbot quite often and it is by far for us our first choice in hotels in Worcester. The staff are pleasant and it has a friendly and relaxing feel to it, not to mention the price of the rooms always put a smile on my face!

• Stayed October 2011
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this review, October 12, 2011

Been to Ye Olde Talbot? Share your experiences!