“Quality maintained” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Welland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worcester
Welland House
You added Welland House to your Saves list
43 Bromyard Road, Worcester WR2 5BZ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Worcester B&B and Inns
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Quality maintained”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to Welland House and, as ever, we were greeted warmly as old friends. This really must be the best place to stay in Worcester and offers the highest quality and best service of any B&B we've stayed in. The situation is ideal for all city attractions so we always enjoy being able to leave our car and walk into town. 100%!

• Stayed July 2013
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you once again for a fabulous review. I really do appreciate you taking the time out to write.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chippig Norton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Welland House last weekend when visiting our son at the university and we had a lovely welcome from Glenda, She could not have been more helpful and friendly. Our room was comfortable and finished to a high standard with everything we could wish for. Despite being at the front of the house on what seems a relatively busy road, there was no noise problem and we had an excellent night's sleep. Our breakfast was freshly cooked to order and we were able to enjoy it at leisure in a very pleasant room overlooking the garden. Even getting in and out of the car parking area is made easy, as guests are able to control the adjacent traffic lights! We shall be returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate it.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the second time my daughter and I have stayed at the Welland House (27th March). We were not disappointed -- a very warm welcome from Glenda, who even remembered us from the first visit. Our room was the same one we stayed in last time and the standard was just as high as before (tea, coffee, water, fluffy towels, digital TV and tasteful decoration). The breakfast surpassed our last visit, using local produce, well cooked and delightful.You were made to feel as though you were staying with friends rather than in lodgings. Glenda was a very friendly person, and interested in why we were staying in Worcester. A warm welcome that I hope to repeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Another really fantastic review. Thanks so much for taking the trouble to write, I really do appreciate it.
Hoping to see you again soon when you visit your daughter at Uni !
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Honestly, I have no idea where to start. Very easy to find, directions I was given were spot on. Off street SAFE parking, I wasn't worried about my car at all (I am very protective of my car). Secure B+B. When you arrive you ring the doorbell and someone very quickly came to the door and promptly showed me to my room, which was immaculate - Clean, warm, neat tidy, well laid out and very large. Then came the bathroom, absolutely lovely - the shower is wonderful especially after a long day. I was handed a set of keys, asked when I'd like breakfastand shown the breakfast room. I was then left to my own devices to get myself set up and sorted. Great nights sleep was a plus. even at the front of the house there was limited noise from the road

Waking up the next morning, Glenda was very quick to ask if I wanted any breakfast, and she really is a stand up breakfast chef. The eggs are lovely, and a great start to the day.

I really have no negatives about Welland House at all to share. While the heating cannot be turned on at will by the guests (which I would not expect), ask and it will be turned on, but the room I had was just the right amount of warm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
What a lovely surprise! Thank you so much for taking time out of your hectic schedule to write me this fantastic review. Hope to see you again soon.
Middlesbrough - England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have just returned home from our 2 night stay at Welland House and felt I had to write my review immediately for this beautiful B&B. My partner and I planned a weekend to Worcester for his birthday and to visit my daughter who is at the University. After hours of reading reviews, Welland House was the B&B that stood out for me. This place is a gem, 10 min walk to the University and a nice walking distance into the city centre (along the river!).

ARRIVAL - Upon arrival, we were happy that Welland House had it's own off road parking (makes life so much easier) and we were greeted by Glenda with a warm smile & bubbly personality, who showed us to our room. Glenda was aware that we had been travelling for several hrs, she asked if we would like a nice hot pot of tea ... Now who could refuse that?

ROOM - We had a standard double which was located at the front of the house on the 1st floor (room 1). Homely & cozy, very clean, tastefully decorated, with tea/coffee facilities & biscuits, HD TV with free view, cotton bedding & towels, beautiful, modern bathroom with hand wash, shower gel and a large shower. I had contacted Glenda prior to arrival to advise that Gary was allergic to feathers and she responded the same day advising that it was not a problem and would be more than happy to provide synthetic pillows, which she did. I'm normally an early riser but the bed was so comfortable, I could have stayed in it all day! I had the best 2 night’s sleep that I've had in a long time.

BREAKFAST - A BIG FAT WOW from me!!! Breakfast room, again, tastefully decorated and is light and airy with a view into the garden. All tastes catered for, from fruits, yoghurts, cereals, fruit juices, tea/coffee, toast, preserves and the good old 'full English' The highlight of breakfast for me were the eggs. I asked Glenda for a poached egg and I was not disappointed. I have visited many B&B's and hotels and have never had a poached egg as good as Glenda's. They are to die for. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!

Glenda / Alistair - Thank you so much for your hospitality. We had a lovely, relaxing stay in your beautiful home. You made us welcome and catered for our every need. I have no hesitation in recommending your B&B to anyone who may be venturing down to Worcester. We will DEFINATELY be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
What can I say?? Thank you SO much for giving me such a rave review.
I'm so glad to have helped make your weekend so enjoyable.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for Friday and Saturday at Welland House with my wife which was a present from our daughter.
Don't like staying in places not booked by ourselves but as soon as we entered Welland House our minds were put at rest.
Very warm welcome and quickly made to feel at home after being shown to lovely ensuite room.
Owners are on hand for advice and information and all questions are answered with a smile.
Room was lovely as was ensuite with all usual facilities, very clean and tidy.
Breakfast was nice and relaxed and if the wide selection on offer isn't for you just ask and I'm sure you'd get what you wanted......nice poached eggs
Handily placed with just a short walk into Worcester centre but if you don't fancy that just a £5 taxi ride which takes a while due to one way system.
Would recommend and would stay again as some previous Worcester hotels have been shocking
Lovely building with great hosts

• Stayed February 2013
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
A huge thank you to you both for such a fantastic review!
I hope to see you again the next time you're down my way..
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Cannot recommend highly enough, the price was great, the room immaculate and lovely (all mod cons as well as being very nicely decorated), the breakfast was perfect and Glenda could not have been more welcoming and helpful. I was travelling alone and felt complete at ease staying at Welland House.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sossij01, Owner at Welland House, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
It was so kind of you to write such a lovely review I really appreciate it and I look forward to your next visit.

Been to Welland House? Share your experiences!