“Great little B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 Worcester B&B and Inns
Birmingham
“Great little B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed in one of the "log cabins" and this was beautifully appointed and very comfortable with every facility you could ask for in a B&B (take you own shampoo and shower gel). The bed was I thought particularly good. Very modern and clean and far better than many hotels that you would pay a lot more for.

The breakfast was first rate too. A good choice of cereals and a super "full English" with everything you would want to set you up for the day. Great service from the proprietors, friendly and efficient.

It's adown a country lane so you will need a good map but your satnav will get you there easily.

All in all I would heartily recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the Malvern area for whatever reason.

Room Tip: Only experienced the "log cabins" but they are great.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
twickenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This beautifully set B+B with views both to the Malvern Hills and the city of Worcester offers qulaity comparable with that of many 'luxury' hotels that cost three times the price. The log cabins - properly named lodges - are intriguingly different but also very comfortable and well appointed, and warm even one one of the coldest nights of the year so far.
The breakfast is excellent, the hosts will suply one with recommendations for places to have dinner (and anything else one wishes to know about the area) - and I find the description of their characteristics in a couple of reviews here well nigh unbelievable.
Overall henwick House is an individual one-off, but in very positive ways, and I would certainly be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Beds- very clean, fresh, comfortable for a good nights sleep.
Breakfast- nicely presented and good ingredients
Henwick House thus does well on our key criteria for a good B&B.

We were in one of 4 "log cabin" rooms outside the main house- not what we expected, but actually fine as rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. En-suite slighly on the small side.
Rooms equipped with fridge and microwave- as an extra welcoming touch, we would have liked to have had a small jug of fresh milk provided as standard, ratter than UHT.
To be even pickier, would have preferred the knotty pine walls and ceiling to be "knocked back" by over-painting.
Hosts were welcoming and looked after a good number of guests simultaneously. Deserves your business, as a good B&B. Would stay again if in area overnight.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of Malvern Hills, ask to be in main house, rather than a log cabin
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have stayed here often midweek as I travel to the area for work. All the rooms I have stayed in have been very comfortable wih excellent cleanliness. The breakfast is first class and sets me up for the whole day, and I find the oweners very friendly.

As a city resident I particularly like that this is located in a village in the country which has a couple of nice pubs to walk to.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked this B&B via Laterooms in May 2011 for a stay in late July. Within 48 hours of booking, I received an email from Laterooms stating (politely) that the B&B was full, despite it showing availability when I booked. This was a shame and actually cost me £30 because I then had to book into a more expensive hotel for the same weekend. But that's no big drama.

In the week following my stay in Ludlow, I received a call from the owner (John) of Henwick House stating that I had not arrived for my stay and they would be charging me the full amount. I was initially surprised and stated that I had received the email from Laterooms. John denied that they were full and asked me for a copy and - as what now turns out to be a huge error! - on searching my email folders, I realised I had deleted it. We tried to retrieve it via our IT company at work but it was too long ago and a chat with Laterooms revealed they don't keep copies either.

We called the owner back and agreed a compromise and said we would pay 65% of the bill - he claimed to have lost out, and so had we, but this seemed a fair resolution...if somewhat skewed in their favour. I gave my card details for payment. A few days later, John called to state that my card was "not a swipe card"...even though it is and I'd just used it to book Eurostar tickets and a lovely, top-quality hotel in Bruges (Grand Hotel Casselbergh if you're interested - I'll be doing a great review on that in coming days!!). I explained that I would try and make a direct payment from my bank if I got a chance before leaving. It happens that I didn't but just TWO DAYS later, a debt collector turned up at my home whilst I was away demanding full payment!

In any kind of scenario, I strongly feel that 2 days is insufficient time to have a debt collector arrive at your home. Moreso when we had been co-operative and openly communicative even though we felt slightly wronged.

This review is primarily to ensure that people are aware of this in case they too are told the B&B is full or decide themselves to cancel. Please beware of the completely over-the-top actions of the owner, who aggressively told my wife he has a background in the debt-collection/judiciary industry and obviously isn't afraid to take advantage of it!

I obviously cannot comment on the accommodation other than to back up the review of Moomey about the actual personalities running this business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
BestBandBWorcester, Owner at Henwick House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Birchover did not receive any cancellation notice from either Laterooms or Henwick House.
Birchover booked his accommodation, did not turn up and clearly did not wish to pay for it.
Birchover supplied debit/credit card details on 2 occasions neither of which would authorise for payment.
Birchover were supplied our bank details and still did not pay for the room.
My son called at the address supplied by Birchover at the time of booking when on business in Derby and they subsequently, reluctantly paid.
dizzydaysout
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

2 colleagues and I needed a place to stay near Worcester, and with the nearby chain hotels full dribbled on this.

In stark contrast to the 1 bad experience a customer had on arrival I had a very warm and helpful welcome at 8.30 pm.

Rooms were small but v clean and had everything you need (except shower gel & shampoo....?!)

The real star turn was the breakfast in the conservatory, very generous and worth taking your time over, followed by extra tea and coffee served up for us on the terrace with a view that was just so beautiful I'll be sending them the panaromic I took!

For a 1 night stay and pre-business meeting prep this was a real surprise, so glad the premier inn was full...

And if anything I'd say they could charge more!

• Stayed August 2011
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Don't be put off by the exterior of the rooms (they all look like a cross between a sauna and a Centre Parcs chalet). Inside everything is clean, practical and welcoming. Good breakfast in the main house. Good pub walking distance but take a torch for nighttime visits. Only negative I can think of is difficult to find (google earth is too far west) and the longish drive to the place is very rough on tyres and suspension.

• Stayed August 2011
BestBandBWorcester, Owner at Henwick House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for the review but it seems a little misleading. We offer 10 Bedrooms, 6 in the Period Victorian House and 4 large bedrooms in 2 Lodges, all finished to a very high standard, double glazed, centrally heated, all en-suite with power showers.
We are on an unadopted road that is about 100 metres long and enhances our tranquil surroundings.
We are glad that we scored so well given the wording of the review.

Been to Henwick House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!