“Worth a visit, good food and great service.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
stratford upon avon
“Worth a visit, good food and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Was driving through Worcester and this restaurant caught our eye and thought we would give it a try. Looks welcoming from the outside and as we entered we were greeted by the waiter and given a table straight away. There were about 10 tables already there. The restaurant itself is very clean and modern. We ordered our drinks and they asked if we wanted papadoms, which arrived promptly.
The menu has got a wide variety of dishes and we were told by the waiter that they were updating their menu soon with more dishes, wow !
We ordered main courses only as we were not that hungry. I had the Jal-a-Jul Chicken (Chicken cooked in a spicy chilli paste, tempered with fresh egg, spring onions,
peppers & fresh green chilli ) and my wife had Saathrangi (Marinated strips of chicken, stir fried in olive oil, garlic, onions, cherry tomatoes,
coriander and with its unique spices to create an exciting dish.)
The food arrived hot with very hot dinner plates. My main was very good with very little grease, a bit hot but nice. My wife also complimented on her dish saying it was the best she ever had which is very rare for my wife (hard to please...wink wink.) The rice and nan breads were ok, nothing to write here about.
Overall everything was great, Only advice is to the waiter who served our food....'SMILE...it doesn't cost anything'....anyway we would recommend you give this place a try.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011 via mobile

Been here many times and can't fault the service, value and food. I would say it has to be the best in worcester for Indian cuisine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have tried many indian restaurants in Worcester and the Anakarli is distinctly average on many levels. Any restaurant that is happy to seat someone at a table with a torn table cloth right in the middle of the table and do nothing about it does not deserve my money, and to top it off when I asked for the table cloth to be replaced the waiter folded up a napkin and just casually threw it on the table to cover it up! Perhaps for many that would of been enough to walk out but I decided to stay and see what the food was like. Unfortunately average food, along with the service. I wont be going back as I feel there are other very good indian restaurnats that deserve my custom more. Check your bill too as they tried to over charge me for a bottle of wine by £3.75!

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Me and my boyfriend regularly come here as the food is amazing, the staff are lovely and it is great value for money. The cheese naan bread in particular is very nice, and also the malaya and balti dishes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcestershire
“Food was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I have been to the Anakarli indian resturant three times had have always found the food to be very good the staff are happy and make you feel very welcome, also suitable for familys with young children.

If you are driving no designated parking area for resturant.