“Great Takeaways” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Unlicensed Indian restaurant
Malvern Wells, United Kingdom
“Great Takeaways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We revisited Zam Zams after an absence of some five years and after we joined the VIP Dining scheme which cover some 500 Indian Restaurant in the UK. Our first meal earlier in the year around March was a very good standard and Sam the manager was very attentive to our needs and cooking preferences . I have subsequently have several takeaway meals since March and have not once been disappointed with the quality of the meals. My wife prefers milder food and this adequately catered for on request and makes her experience most pleasing. I have a birthday at the end of July and Sam has promised me an Asian Buffet more along the style he would eat but toning down the heat factor . The VIP Dining means that the second main meal is free and you just have to pay for everything else ordered.. An absolute bargain. We eagerly look forward to our next dining experience from or at Cafe Zam Zam. Mike A .

• Visited June 2014

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Happy to cater for anyone - exemplary food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I am a vegan and spicy food lover.

The first time I came to Cafe Zam Zam, I ordered a Vegetable Vindaloo (my preferred curry at the time). Sam, the restaurant manager, seeing that I like chilli, recommended that I instead try a Vegetable Naga - a curry cooked in Indian Naga chillies, which are much hotter but have a very rich, peppery flavour unlike the less flavoursome Vindaloo. I tried Sam's Naga and have never been more blown away by a curry. It takes a truly talented chef to balance the heat of chillies within a dish and the cooks at Zam Zam are bang on the money.

My girlfriend and I frequently eat here with friends, and are always asking to try extra ingredients in the set dishes and Sam often recommends us new curries which never disappoint (although I am vegan, my carnivorous friends enjoy the food just as much!) Zam Zam is a restaurant that is always happy to cater for anyone's needs and they do it with a smile. - Good prices too

• Visited June 2014
“Take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a take away 2 nights ago and it was as good as eating in the restaurant, lovely food and lots of choice, my partner loves his curry to be extra spicy and when you ask them to do this they always deliver as requested.

Visited May 2014
Malvern
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have used this no frills restaurant on a number of occasions over the years and it rightly built up a good reputation, but having recently visited with my wife, son and his partner, I was left feeling somewhat disappointed. We started with the usual poppadoms, but I found them to be somewhat lacking in substance and taste, almost as if they had just bought the cheapest they could find and whilst this may not be the most important part of a meal, it does set the trend for the whole meal. We went straight to main courses and. I had their special Biryani, but on this occasion it left me totally underwhelmed, it was lacking in flavour but also sparse on meat and prawns although plentiful on rice, it was very disappointing. My wife chose a chicken balti dish and she too was of the same mind, her dish just lacked flavour and she left more than she ate. My son and his partner both ordered Chicken dishes, but one came out with lamb and had to go back, but they both said theirs was ok, whether that was because I was paying or they genuinely enjoyed them I'm not too sure, but I'm afraid on this recent visit, the meal was below par and I hope standards are not dropping. Take your own drinks, the service is ok, although again the staff didn't seem as friendly as in past visits!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious Hake Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Another great meal at Cafe Zam Zam last night. Sam organised one of his delicious authentic Bangladeshi Hake curries for us, spot on!
If you plan to visit, try mid week, far less frenetic than Friday or Saturday.

• Visited May 2014