“Very enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Evesham
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had 2 nights at the hotel. There was a good choice for breakfast and the food in the restaurant was excellent.The room was very comfortable. Although it was not the best hotel I've stayed in it was more than adequate. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed last week, when the room was book confirmation came back to say I had a free upgrade. I arrived at 6.30 that evening after a long day at work. I went to check in and was escorted to my room the door was opened and the room was exactly as the last occupants had left it. The guy that took me to the room left me standing in the hall while he went back down to the reception to sort it out. He came back 10 minutes later saying if you wait 50 minutes we will make up the room for you. I was tired and needed to settle so did not get the free up grade. Wednesday morning I went down to the restuarant
As usual for breakfast but it was not open at the usual time so I waited when Brian did open it his reason for it being late was that he had a heavy night the night before with some other customers!!!
I can not complain about the food as breakfast ( when you got it) was fine and I have no complaints about dinner in the evening.
The rooms and in fact the hotel need a good refurb and defiantly a good clean. The shelf area behind the bath in room 6 was filthy I had to switch the standard lamp off to dry my hair in the dark because there was only 1 plug socket but I had to be careful as the screw to keep the lamp on was missing. I could go on but I am bored now and so probably are you!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I took my girlfriend here for one night to celebrate her birthday.

We got there and were told we had an upgrade to the penthouse which is a fabulous suite that is like a little house in itself by the river.

We ate there and the rib-eye steak was excellent.

Very relaxed stay and the staff were really friendly. The views over the Avon were gorgeous.

Just wished I'd booked us in for more than just one night!

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Only stayed one night, room was comfortable and clean but lacked the finishing touches.
Toilets in the lounge area needed a facelift and clean up.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.
The down side to this hotel was the lack of administration, this did cause several very uncomfortable moments. So please double check your booking prior to arriving and if you have paid in advance do take proof of payment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
winsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

we booked this hotel after reading some good feedback on trip advisor and booking.com, we booked one night in room five, a double room with jacuzzi bath via booking.com. we arrived ten minutes before the advised booking in time of 3pm and our room was still being cleaned so we expected it to be clean.... there was a gentleman in another room asking to borrow a screwdriver to fix a door handle which we smiled at initially. we were allowed to enter without the room being inspected. the description of the room on booking.com started off with the word 'balcony' but when we entered the room it didnt seem to have the key reason why we booked. having a quick glance around the room i instantly knew that i couldnt stay the night. there was dry grass on the floor and bits of dirt, long hairs in the bath, curtains hanging off, wallpaper hanging off, behind the tv was not wallpapered and left in a shoddy state, gaps around the window frame, stains on the decorative pillows on top of the bed... my husband and i went to try and find the lady who booked us in but came across a bloke who just shrugged and said 'the only room with a balcony is the penthouse, room five doesnt have a balcony' we showed him the reservation details on our mobile phone along with the room description, he admitted that it was an error and that he would get it sorted, but a week after we arrived home the website has still not been changed. the bloke didnt seem that bothered in trying to resolve the matter or appologise for their obvious error. we left immediately and ended up staying at a fantastic hotel just down the road, dumbleton hall hotel. the riverside hotel is just not the luxury stay it is made out to be... it put a dampner on our holiday but we were so glad to have found dumbleton hall which was much better value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife, myself and our two boys, aged 14 and 12, stayed at the Riverside from Monday August 27 for four nights. We wanted to be based somewhere inbetween Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford as we wanted to see a show at the RSC in Stratford and to view the colleges of the university in Oxford (as my ambitious 14 year old is determined to go to Oxford!).

So we asked friends and one lot suggested the Riverside in Evesham as an ideal base. We were informed that the hotel was top-notch and the food was excellent and yet the staff were unobtrusive and the place was generally very easy going. It all seemed too much to be true - but, after four wonderful days, we found it to be absolutely the case.

We enjoyed great food - the breakfasts were good and well cooked and the evening meals were simply outstanding. Full credit to Rico the chef - every night we dined gourment style with dishes ranging from duck pancake starters to a delightful salmon terrine to main courses ranging from juicy steaks to lovely scampi and lamb shank. Even the puddings were top-class - from tasty local ice cream to chocolate fondant.

And the real beauty of the break was that it was so hassle free and so relaxing. We arrived late after a long journey and were welcomed by Stewart, who looked after us and made us feel very welcome. We were told to take it easy, unwind and we did just that. Enjoyed a nice bath while the boys watched the TV (on a huge flat screen) and we had loads of room in a family suite which included two bedrooms, a bathroom and even free shampoo, soaps and coffee and tea (with fresh individual jugs of milk each day). Then it was down to the first of the four dinners that left us full but happy.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we would certainly recommend the Riverside to families. The owner Debbie was very helpful and considerate - she even changed our days of arrival with not a murmur of complaint.

As a journalist I have stayed all over the UK at posh hotels, chain hotels, boutique hotels - but the Riverside is my fave...and also my wife's and boys'. It is in a beautiful setting, just beside the river and the people who run it are so nice...God, they didn't even groan when my buffoon of a son Frankie let their little pony out of the paddock and they had to chase it up the lane!

Frank Worrall and family

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

absoutely brilliant stay at the riverside. We stayed in the apple suite which was like a house in its self. Staff where so friendly and helpful going above and beyond. Only critisim would be it can be tricky to find until you get to the sign posts.
Recommended to a few friends ready.

Ps. Cheaper and more luxury then premiere inn evesham

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Riverside Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!