“Beautiful B&B in scenic Cotswold” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bowers Hill Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadway
Bowers Hill Farm B&B
You added Bowers Hill Farm B&B to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bowers Hill | Willersey, Broadway WR11 7HG, England   |
Ranked #14 of 31 Broadway B&B and Inns
Pune, India
“Beautiful B&B in scenic Cotswold”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were holidaying in UK in May 2012 and booked 2 nights at Bowers Hill Farm to enjoy the beautiful English countryside. I did all my enquiries and booking from India and was quite apprehensive about what the place would actually be like. We were travelling with 2 kids and were keen that we check in to a child friendly place. A lot of my worries were taken care of by Sarah's personal inputs. She was very transparent about what we could expect from their B&B and also assured us of all the additional arrangements they would make, given we had two small kids.

The place didn't disappoint us at all. It was charming from the word go. The rooms were adequately furnished and comfortable. They had a good stock of books and toys in the family room, to keep the kids busy. The other room meant for a couple is not so big and the bathroom is very small too. Breakfast was a lovely English affair and Sarah was kind enough to pack us some croissants and yoghurt for the kids, to see us through the day.

The B&B was just ideally located for us to explore in and around Cotswold. We went around Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water, Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm Park and Stow-on-the-Wold.

If you are looking for a rural countryside experience and want to spend the night in a child friendly place, this is the B&B to go for. Book the family room as its the best.

Room Tip: We booked the Family Room - well furnished, lovely view of the stables, large bathroom
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have 2 girls ages 6yr and 4yr and were made to feel very welcome. Perfect room for a family of 4. We enjoyed sitting in comfortable lounge by fire while girls went to bed slighlty earlier. Our girls loved it so much we have rebooked, highlights were the window seats, horses and most of all owners being so friendly and helpful. We were recommended a fab pub with open fires which made our little holiday. Breakfast delicious too. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked this B&B a month before we travelled and I did it by calling the farm directly and spoke to Sarah the owner. She didn't strike me as the friendliest person in the world or one that was happy to speak to a very good customer who was booking a weekend at her B&B, but I really liked her place when I saw it online and thought we would have a great time nevertheless. She assured me it was all booked and I was pleased.
The day came for us to go to the Cotswolds and my kids, husband and another family friends were well excited!! Unfortunatelly the motorway was really busy and what was supposed to be a 2 hours trip, soon became a very tire ding 5.5hrs drive. We had 60 miles left to get there when I decided to call the B&B and tell them we are on our way. Martin (Sarah's husband) answered the phone and 2 minutes into our very strange conversation, I was told that our booking does not exist and he was not aware that we were coming! Sarah was away until 9 pm that evening and Martin was totally lost if not a little out of his depth with it all. I can't say he properly apologised either, he said to me to get there and he will see what he can do. He did say he had vacant rooms but because his wife was not home, the rooms could not be ready until 11pm that night! Now, if that was my B&B, I would first of all offered a very heartfelt apology and then I would have started straight away to put 2 rooms together as best as I could! At the end of the day, it would have been good business for me and my customers would have been happy! But no, we were never offered the rooms there, instead, when we got there, Martin offered to drive us to a nearby B&B owned by a friend, and that was it! Almost felt like he was trying to get rid of us! He did say he was sorry and this time I did feel sorry for him, as I genuinely believe it was not his fault, it was his wife who dealt with customers and bookings. We ended up in this B&B which was not what I envisaged when I was planning my Cotswolds trip, but that's another story!
We had to pay £300 for the accommodation which was £100 more than what sarah and i agreed for bowers hill rooms. At this point I was so tired and angry that we decided to just go for dinner and try to relax and enjoy. The next day Sarah did email (not call!) and she offered her apologies and also a 10 percent discount for our next visit (as if that was going to happen!). I made it very clear to her that I wanted her to pay £100 to me which was the difference I had to fork out for the accommodation. She said she would call me to discuss and never heard from her for another 3 days. She did eventually call and said, because business was very tight, she could not give me £100, but that she would be happy to send a £25 cheque instead! I thought that was insulting, but in the end I reluctantly agreed to it. It was never about the money, it was the principle of it, but seems to me they have very little ethics when it comes to running their business. And Sarah, if you are reading this, I somehow find it very hard to feel sorry for you and your business being tight, if that was indeed the case, you would have done everything possible to accommodate us at your B&B, that would have brought you a profit of £400 for a weekend!

So I guess my advice is, if you are ever going to stay at this B&B, please check a day or 2 in advance, to make sure you are booked in!
The Cotswolds are beautiful though and in the end we enjoyed ourselves, but I just wish we did not have to go through all that heart ache in the beginning.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good, solid B&B with nice sized rooms, comfy beds. big bathroom and really good breakfast. It's a little off the beaten track but that's not a bad thing as it's nice and quiet. Only about 30 minutes to Stratford-upon-Avon and well located to explore the Cotswolds.

The thing that amused us though (and put us off a little) were the many little notes and signs around the room asking us to "please do this" or "not do that". It just made us feel that bit uncomfortable.

Other than that, a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent b&b accommodation. Enormous bed, delicious breakfast and super hosts. If you don't mind the driving to get to places it's the ideal and most peaceful spot to stay. Near beautiful villages and countryside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Bowers Hill Farm. Sarah and Martin were excellent hosts and made us feel at home straight away. They were very helpful and gave good advice on places to explore and where to eat in the evening. The bedrooms were clean, neat and comfortable, with everything that we needed. Breakfast was fantastic, with a huge selection to choose from. The farm is located in beautiful countryside and the farmhouse is very cosy. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

As a first "bed and breakfast" experience, Bowers Hill Farm was a great surprise! First, the house and the rooms are very well decorated giving a very warm atmosphere. Second, Sarah and Martin (the hosts) were discreet but very friendly. They could help us with all our questions about places to go, to visit or to eat. They have kept all information about the good restaurants in the neighborhood, as well as pleasant walks to do. Furthermore, the breakfast was delicious! We ate only local products and we could taste it. Finally, it was well situated and had a great view on the fields!

Room Tip: Try the bread at breakfast: they make it themselves and it's delicious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bowers Hill Farm B&B? Share your experiences!