“VERY GOOD FIRST IMPRESSIONS” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bell at Willersey

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadway
The Bell at Willersey
You added The Bell at Willersey to your Saves list
Main Street | Willersey, Broadway WR12 7PJ, England   |
Ranked #15 of 31 Broadway B&B and Inns
Childswickham, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD FIRST IMPRESSIONS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the first time we've eaten here. The waitress was very helpful and friendly and the restaurant were accommodating in terms of switching a few things round on the menu. We had a gorgeous meal which was piping hot and a good sized portion. We will certainly be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Having tried the other pub in the village and being disappointed, we thought we'd try The Bell. Beautiful from the outside with a great garden to the rear.
Once inside, we waited 5 minutes before the lady came downstairs. The kitchen staff saw us waiting at the bar but we received no acknowledgement.
We sat in a corner under this stairs amongst various golf memorabilia which was uninteresting, old and tacky. There was a trolley where the place mats etc were kept & they were thrown on the shelf looking like a collapsed deck of cards. The place mats on our table were dirty and dull and in need of replacing. The menu was in need if a clean on each page.
Our food was fairly quick arriving & tasted fine. We only had a baguette & chips each but wouldn't return for an evening meal.
Another group in the pub complained about their food being over done but to be fair to the pub, they didn't charge for that meal.
There was lipstick on one of our pint glasses which was disappointing, especially as it was laughed off by the bar lady (who was very pleasant).
Beer tasted good.

• Stayed April 2013
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Have travelled through this village a few times now and noticed this quaint, typical Cotswold village pub but never stayed for food. We were going out with a couple of friends for a pub meal and I suggested we use this opportunity to try this one.
Inside the pub is decorated in a traditional sort of style, albeit a little dated, but I guess that is the point really. The hosts were very friendly and helpful and the pub had a good atmosphere about it. Obviously this pub does not attract the younger locals! The food was a little on the high side price-wise for traditional pub-grub but was excellently cooked.
Will I return? Well yes if in the area but unlikley to go out of my way to repeat the exercise. So I would recommend this to the "older" guest travelling through this quaint village.
Cost of meal for 4 people; pre-dinner drink each, starter, main & bottle of wine came to £117.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Worcestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our first visit to this quaint pub with vintage decor, clean and friendly proprietors. No gastro pub here but the menu is a cut above the average pub menu. The price was average for pubs these days that freshly cook their food.

Particularly liked my Cotswold Grill a take on the mixed grill which included a bacon steak and a lovely sausage, Plenty of food yet not a mountain of mixed meat they can sometimes be and a nice presentation.

What has me completely baffled is you have a pub with a nice atmosphere, friendly staff and decent food but it was it empty on a Saturday night. We do dine early and are used to thin crowds but by the time we left a bit after 7:00 there was only one other table filled. Such a shame really.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steyning, West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dinner on a Thursday night, almost deserted. Decor is clean and tidy but rather dated in style, hankers back to the eighties? Good service but food was actually mediocre, nothing bad or wrong just rather lacklustre and tasteless. Disappointing particularly for the price which was on the high side. You can do better than here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Well I was hunting down a gluten free pub in the Cotswolds and wasnt having much luck. The ones I did find were either too far away or ridiculously expensive. So I decided forgo my need for a gfree meal and chose a local pub that had a decent menu and semi reasonable prices. At least everyone else would enjoy it.

What a find! After asking the question when I arrived I found that they were fully up to speed with my gluten free requirements and happily directed me to an appropriate dish. The recommended merlot was very nice too. My party were also happy and all very impressed with their meals. The steak dish, vegetarian option and Sunday roast were especially well received.

The pub doesnt promote gluten free as they dont provide anything over and above their standard menu. However their attention to detail, knowledge of my needs and standard of food was excellent and I will be returning next year.

• Stayed December 2012
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My son daughter in law my husband and I are coming to stay again at the end of November
and hopefully again will have a nice rest.and good food.......
The village of Willersey is lovely and peaceful and friendly, Very close to all the other villages..

Room Tip: Cant remember the numbers