We stayed in a deluxe room for 2 nights for my Wife's birthday. The room was ground floor (we have a dog) in the new wing which is pretty ugly. The room itself had a low ceiling & poor lighting - If you're over 6'3, it would feel very claustrophobic! We asked reception for an info pack for dining times, TV & radio instructions etc, only to be told that they were being reprinted & no old ones were available. We overheard 2 conversations in the lounge where residents had asked for biscuits with their tea/coffee - none available, only chocolate brownies. They weren't very happy when our tea arrived with biscuits & they were first told by the waiting staff that they would have to pay for the brownies & when they objected, a Manager (rather agressive) turned up to confirm that as he had made them they were to be paid for!
The positives are a lovely garden, super location, great breakfast & superb meal on the 2nd evening in the main restaurant. The staf are very polite & generally helpful. We ate in the Bistro on the Friday night & only fish & chips were available & very small portions.
It is a lovely character hotel but some of the prices are "top end", especially in the bar.
We might return although we do have many other hotels in the UK that we prefer & offer better value.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo The Lygon Arms Hotel
- Barcelo The Lygon Arms Hotel Broadway
- Barcelo Lygon Arms
- Lygon Arms
- Barcelo Hotel Lygon Arms
- Lygon Arms Broadway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-star Lygon Arms is a country house hotel with 78 bedrooms and suites, and parking for 120 cars, that has been welcoming travellers since the 16th Century. Built of mellow Cotswold stone, the hotel has been lovingly restored while retaining many of the hotel’s original features. When not exploring the Cotswold villages and countryside, get pampered in the hotel’s beauty rooms or relax in the Health & Leisure Club. As well as the 2 AA Rosette Great Hall restaurant, there’s now also the new Luke’s Broadway, where rising star of the chef world, Luke Thomas, is creating a culinary stir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Lygon Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.