“A fantastic place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   High Street, Broadway WR12 7DU, England   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Broadway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool
“A fantastic place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone taking a trip to the Cotswolds. The hotel itself is ideally situated in the centre of Broadway with a fantastic restaurant and leisure facilities on hand to keep you more than occupied.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful in providing a quality service.

I'd reccomend a stay at the lygon for those seeking a luxury break

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
genmanager17, General Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for completing your review and we are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Lygon Arms has been updated so that the rooms and cuisine have a boutique flavour but the old world charm as coaching inn has not been lost. There are many intimate rooms and niches around the entrance hall, nearly all furnished with comfortable seating and heated by open fires.
The inn lies at the heart of the village of Broadway which is manicured to within an inch of its life but sports a wealth of antique and gift shops. A model village.
A great place to tour from visiting the mellow villages of the Cotswolds or the more earthy Worcestershire countryside to the north.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for completing your review we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again the future. Kind regards
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

ladies and gentlemen.
short and sweet, my stay at this hotel was top class. the manager (jane bowler) from the time i arrived to the day i left i was treated with respect from all members of staff. from reception, porters, restuarant, cleaners, everyone.
the matre'd was very good and ran his staff who were always turned out in clean uniforms in a very friendly manner. a gentleman.
the food was excellent and plenty of it, if one wished to have more you only had to ask. so ladies and gentlemen, i wish to say i would recomend this hotel to friends and other people. than you.

b.g.clooney rogers.

Room Tip: i liked the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear B.G Clooney Rogers, thank you for completing your review we are so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed spending Christmas with us and I am pleased to hear how welcome the staff made you feel. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future. Kind regards
midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

i've just returned from spending 3 nights at the Lygon Arms and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

On arrival, having read many of these reviews, I asked where our room would be and was told it would be in the modern block, so I asked if there were any rooms in the main house and luckily I secured one. The room, number 42, was beautiful - two comfy armschairs, matching curtains/throw/cuhions, gorgeous antique furniture etc and I was extremely pleased with it (especially as I didnt have to pay any extra).
We then made our way downstairs and sat in one of the beautiful, olde worlde lounges (there are 6 or 7, all differently furnished and with wonderful log fires) - it was peaceful and very, very relaxing - so much so that I didnt even mind paying £45 for 3 x large glasses of wine and 3 x beers).
The staff were very professional and polite (especially the young lady on reception and robert, the barman).
On day 2 we sampled the spa/saunas and found them to to be very pleasant.
We never ate in the retaurants but had room service breakfast each morning - we had a couple of mishaps here though - on morning one, the order never arrived (the breakfast order was still hanging on the door - the person who brought the morning papers should have spotted this error and told the kitchen , but obviously didnt. Wephoned reception and our order arrived 10 minutes later), also on the 2nd morning we were not provided with sufficient milk for the muesli - rather an annoying oversight.

overall though, I would very highly recomend this hotel - it's fascinating, gorgeous, quirky, comfortable, professionally run and truly enjoyable - also, it is very good value.

a couple of tips when staying here - the carpark is around the back of the building : past the swan pub, turn right into springfield lane, then into Back lane and keep driving until you see the carpark on the left, the hotel is then further along Back Lane on the right. also, for a good pub meal/drinks, try the swan pub - good food and a lovely atmosphere.

a tip for barcelo - put better pictures on your website, the ones you have don't do the place justice!!!!!

>>>>>definately stay at the lygon arms - it is wonderful<<<<<<<<<.

Room Tip: stay in the main house if possible - in quieter months, ask for an upgrade (they didnt charge us for...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoed your stay with us. I have passed your comments onto my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the future. Kind regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We have often visited Broadway and always talked of staying here. The appearance from outside looks wonderful and oldy worldly. As a treat for my parents and us we booked a one night stay commencing Sunday 8th January. Upon arrival we were welcomed by a very courteous porter who helped with luggage etc. As this is an old hotel there were no lifts - be aware if you have buggies erc as we did! Our rooms were adequate but extremely hot even with adjustment of radiators - not ideal with young children. The bathroom was cleanish but there was a layer of dust on the shelf and the extractor fan so noisy it would have woken the dead! My husband attempted a shower at 5pm only to be faced with cold water despite running the tad for several minutes.
My mum, daughter and I decided to try the swimming pool - this needs to come with a health warning! The poolside was filthy - lots of clumps of hair/dust and empty cups strewn around. We ventured into the changing room for a shower - big mistake. They were cold and equally dirty. The towel bin overflowing and no shower gel or shampoo in the dispensers. Awfully disappointing.
The best part of our stay was the breakfast! Huge selection and an excellent cooked breakfast.
Good service and food such a shame about the overall cleanliness of spa and bedrooms!

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for completing your review, and I am pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my very sincere apologies with regard the issues you have raised and I have discussed these both with my Head Housekeeper and Spa Manager to ensure immediate action is taken to address these. With regard to your room being too hot we are always happy to assist you and would have been happy to offer you an alternative room. Should you wish to contact me to discuss this further I would be more than happy to help you. Once again please accept my apologies. Kind regards
Woking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My wife and I spent one night in the Lygon in December 2011. The room was comfortable and the staff were generally courteous and helpful. However, I would advise that, if you stay, you do not wander into the restaurant. Our experience was that the chef is doing his best to bring down the rest of the hotel's very acceptable services. My cheese souffle (should be light and fluffy) could best be described as a tasteless, tired "flan". And my main dish, described as sea bream, was a thin, dry strip of overcooked fish. I asked to speak to the chef but he refused to appear. Advice: stay but dont eat! George.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for completing your review and I am pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. With regard to your meal I have discussed the comments you have raised with my head chef and he has taken the action to ensure these are addressed with immediate effect. I would like to point out that we do indeed receive many positive comments in relation to the food and this is an extremely unfortunate situation. However, should you wish to discuss this further with me, please do feel free to contact me. Kind regards
Lymington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We decided to top off a good year for us both with the New Year Weekend package at The Lygon Arms. I used the hotel regularly 20 years ago so was interested to see if Barcelo had made a difference. Firstly, it was just as I remembered, but better. The package was good value and we made a number of new friends. From a hospitality perspective I was very pleased with the quality of their offer, as they have managed to retain much of the Lygon Arms atmosphere, whilst adding those facilities we have come to expect in quality hotels e.g. The Spa. Second big thing for me was the quality of the staff in all departments. From senior management to housekeeping, they made us feel welcome and contributed to our enjoyment.
The food is excellent and the wine list comprehensive and eclectic.
Only negative is that the main car park is going to need some resurfacing soon.
Compliments to Jane and her team.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing your review and thank you also for your kind comments which I have passed onto my team. We very much look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. With regard to the car park, this will be completed when the weather improves. Once again thank you.

Been to The Lygon Arms? Share your experiences!