“Another belated review, but I would guess teh standards are still the same” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dormy House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dormy House Hotel to your Saves list
Dormy House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Willersey Hill, Broadway WR12 7LF, England   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Broadway
Carlton, United Kingdom
“Another belated review, but I would guess teh standards are still the same”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here in April 2010 for just one night and ate in the less formal dining room. I note it is presently closed for refurbishment and from our stay I would say this is well timed. We stayed inone of the rooms in an annexe away from the main hotel, which is in a wonderful location just outside the village. The room was a little quirky, with exposed beams and decor which was not contemporary, and the room also had a window directly onto the road which, although not busy, did mean some traffic noise.
The food was excellent though and more than made up for this. I recall a game terrine and partridge which was just delicious, and service was attentive without being over-bearing. It was great to have the table for the evening without teh pressure to move on.
I did have soem trouble understanding whether we could have one of teh many deals on offer and probably paid more than I had to. However, with the quality food and excellent breakfast the next day I think it was just about right.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I got married at the Dormy on the 29/08/2009 and it was a magical day.

Katie Nightingale (events manager) is amazing, so helpful organised & remember's even the smallest details that you request.

I was even allowed to take my dog with me which just added to my special day.x

They had contacts for everything which made my life so much easier, beautician florist and the amazing Paula who made our cake for such a fantastic price.

All the staff were lovely helpful & welcoming and I have been singing the hotels praises ever since. So have our guests.

We went back for our anniversary & they remembered us (in a good way) and were treated like very special guests by David the dept manager. Making Pernod cocktails which were yucky but we still drank. Very sore heads.

Hoping to return and take our son before we move to oz.

A very special romantic setting, would highly recommend. And would get married at again but my husband said no. Grumpy. Xx

• Stayed April 2013
Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a lovely place to stay, just me and the husband for a change no kids for my birthday. I was expecting to be in the hotel and we were taken to one of the outside converted buildings. They were amazing your own living room with TV large bathroom with two sinks and large bedroom again with TV, and lovely and warm. Emaculately clean , fluffy robes and white towels perfect!!! We had a few drinks at the bar before dinner and the bar man was very attentive and I dont think I saw the bottom of the glass all night, fantastic service and the food was truely amazing!! I didnt think they could top it ,, then we had breakfast the following morning... the best yet a definate must.

Room Tip: Room 32 which is one of the outside buidings
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for short breaks on a number of occasions. It is very comfortable. The lounge has a great big log fire and big sofas to cosy up on. We have stayed in a variety of rooms from suites to standard. I thought the deluxe rooms in the newer wing were the nicest. They are prettily decorated in a fashionable country house style. The bathrooms of these rooms are very luxurious and modern. When we stayed in a standard room the bathroom was a bit shabby. However the hotel is undergoing a complete refurb this spring. The only thing I was a bit disappointed about was the food. We went for a winter warmer deal so dinner was included. The first couple of times we stayed in the hotel the food was superb and very imaginative. However the last few times the food has been O.K but nothing special. Service is friendly and helpful. The hotel is up high on a hill with spectacular views from some of the rooms and the village of Broadway is a short drive away.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room in the newer part.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have just treated my mom for tea at the Dormy house hotel as a Mother's Day present

The tea arrived in bags. Not leaves !!! In a white transport cafe style tea pot with cups to match. Where was the china !!! ! They forgot the hot water and we had to ask at reception for it twice ...!The sandwiches tasted cold obviously been in the fridge ... 3 fingers each , tasteles,with no sign of a leaf anywhere not even as a garnish . The cakes were nice but uneventful .. For £45. It was very disappointing and we would not recommend to anybody ..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for a night last weekend for my husband's birthday. I got the Winter Wonderland deal which was £240 for a night in a suite and a 3 course meal in the dining room.

The room was recently refurbished and extremely clean. The bathroom was particularly nice, and the bed was really comfy - cant complain.

Dinner in the restaurant was also lovely, the staff were excellent and very helpful.

Breakfast was also great, really good buffet and the cooked breakfast was fab, so nice to have more choice than just an english breakfast so I had a hot option for once!

I knocked off one point for what is possibly a silly reason, but something that really surprised me. We asked at reception if they had any maps or suggestions for country walks, and were told it was £1.50 for a map with a walking route on it. We felt that at £240 a night, it was a bit petty to charge extra for something like this. We didn't buy the map and figured out our own route. While this is more of a hotel than a small b&b, a personal touch does go a long way!

Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a return visit and we had been looking forward to enjoying the Dormy House again. We were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our room,10, apparently refurbished last year was well appointed and very clean - lovely bed! Excellent food, wine and service in the dining room for dinner. We spent the Sunday morning in front of the ever burning fire in the lounge before taking lunch in the Brasserie. Again excellent food and service. Having visited the Dormy over a number of years it's really encouraging to note how they have maintained their standards of service over time. We've already booked our next stay for after the completion of the major refurbishments.

Room Tip: When booking check whether your room has a walk in shower or just a shower over the bath - it' n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dormy House Hotel? Share your experiences!