“Do not ignore all the negative reviews” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Broadway
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We offer the highest quality Bangladeshi cuisine in our beautiful 14th century coach house restaurant. You will be assured of the best dining experience here at Sheikhs, whether eating in or using our take away service. We have full bar facilities, so come and relax, have a drink and some fine Bangladeshi food.
minehaed
“Do not ignore all the negative reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I wish I had checked tripadvisor before I went to this restaurant.

The food lacked taste and the lamb dishes ( if it was lamb!), were as tough as old boots. I would never eat chicken at a restraurant unless I could be sure where it comes from.
After such a poor main meal we did not want to try anything else - and promptly left, never to return.

If you are someone that appreciates good Indian food - do not bother to try this one, I am surprised that such a place can stay in business

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“IGNORE the negative reviews...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I no longer live in Broadway; however Shiek's is always a key highlight of coming home. I am utterly astonished by the mixed reviews here. We are always treated to a prompt service by very friendly staff. The staff are all veterans who have worked in the village for a long time, adding to the local atmosphere. On the note of atmosphere, the restaurant is set in a delightful medieval barn in the heart of a rural village with none of that "cheesy Indian" feel you occasionally get elsewhere. Any reviews that give less than 3-4 stars for atmosphere really ought to be ignored right away. As for the food, it is DELICIOUS! In particular I recommend any of the chef's specials. Anyone keen on the traditional curry favourites will be wise to try the Murgh Rezela - which is rather like a more interesting chicken jalfrezi - and the Prawn dishes, while expensive, are also excellent. I am extremely particular when it comes to Indian/Bangladeshi cuisine, and outside of one little place on Jalan Penang in Penang, Malaysia, I can honestly say that I look forward to visiting Shiek's for a good Indian more than anywhere else in the world. Incidentally I am going there for my birthday this week!

IGNORE the negative reviews... The staff are great, the atmosphere is great, and the food is great. The price is maybe 20% higher than many other places of a similar standard... but this is Broadway DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THAT PROPERTY MUST HAVE COST!?!?

Enjoy

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kent, UK
“Marvellous Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fabulous food in a wonderful building with a tremendous atmosphere. Menu excellent and staff friendly and attentive, Good value - highly recommended

Visited September 2012
“Great Indian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Their pratta is very good even eat alone. I was recommended the chicken Korma which is creamy instead of spicy. If you try put creamy sauce onto the pratta, it will even taste better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was in two minds about visiting this restaurant after reading such mixed reviews on here but we had a good experience. The food was good and in generous portions, the waiting staff were polite and attentive and the whole evening went very smoothly. I would choose to go back again.