“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Fine Dine Restaurant
Sydney, Australia
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I actually love this place and I was a regular when I lived in the UK. The meat and fish in he dishes is high quality. They are happy to order off the menu, not that you need to because the award winning dishes are all fabulous. I can not wait to go back there when I visit the UK, I actually miss this place loads!

Visited October 2012

“Rude staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have dined at Mango lounge on quite a few occasions. Food was good however after trying to book today for a party of 7 I will not be visiting this restaurant again.
Upon calling I asked for a table in a corner as our party consisted of a new born baby.
I was very rudely told by the person taking the booking " can you please make sure the children do not run around and disturb other diners"
So I replied " I'm sorry I think you misunderstood me - we have a new born - I don't think she will be running around" again another rude reply " yes I heard you but we don't want children screaming and running around"
At this stage I got quite offended and informed this person that I have a 2.5 year old who is used to dining in 5* hotel restaurants 5/6 times a month and understands perfectly well how to behave and never have I ever been spoken to so rudely when I call to make reservations. Instead the establishment politely ask if I have any special requests ie high chair".
I was informed " it's my job to tell you"
I politely told this man that it was not his job to instruct potential customers how to controll their children and that we would now not be going ahead with the private hire of the venue we had organised for August.
For me customer service goes along way.
An establishment making my child feel welcome is key.
A real shame about the telephone manner of this person as this has caused me to cross Mango Lounge off the list.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Visited on business with a number of Indian colleagues, and had a very good evening, which all and sundry agreed was contributed to by the excellent food and good service.

Visited September 2012
“Excellent but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I really liked the restaurant. It looked good and the service I found was excellent. Friendly and professional. I thought the menu was interesting and different from a standard Indian restaurant. The staff gave us a complimentary taster of a potato and sweet corn Starter. The food was full full of flavour and the portions generous which was a good thing as I felt that the prices are in the top range for being outside London. I can see why this establishment has won awards.

Visited June 2013
“Got food poisoning here...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

And it cost me £90 for the pleasure...def avoid. There are better Indian restaurants around. Over priced and portions are small too.

• Visited April 2013