“Fantastic food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went to the Mango Lounge to celebrate my birthday, with friends who had visited before. The entrance is nice, with a well stocked bar. The waiters are very attentive, and the restaurant isn't your typical indian curry house. The food was amazing we shared a sizzling platter to start, which had shiek kebab, tandoori chicken, monkfish etc. Very tasty. I ordered the chicken Korma, which was amazing, lovely sauce and chicken just beautiful, my husband and friend had the lamb shank in sauce, I tried that as well and that was lovely too. We even had desert which is very unusual for us...a lovely rice dish infused with champagne, this dish has won awards. In fact the restaurant has won several and I can see why. Its a little more expensive than your usual indian, but worth it, we had a fantastic time. Go...

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great, Great, Great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Dined here last night with my fiance and can honestly say it was one of the best Indian meals we've had. We got a lovely potato pre starter then I had the award winning chilli scallops. Wow, just wow. Went on to have the chicken hyderabadi which was mild and very flavoursome. I had a peshwari nan but neglected most of it as I was full. Great service, topped off by a complimentary aperitif.
Came here on holiday from Scotland and will certainly be recommending it to any one we know visiting the area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Watford, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant in Windsor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our second visit to this excellent restaurant whilst staying at a hotel nearby for the weekend. The service was attentive and the food innovative, original and delicious! We had the mixed meat platter to share for starter which came on a steaming clay dish and it was just gorgeous! We had their signature dish for main meal, mushroom rice and onion and peas rice. Try the cheese and chilli naan bread...amazing! We couldn't eat it all so they kindly put it all in a doggy bag and it still tasted great the next day!!

Highly recommended...will go again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Very tasty and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I visited The Mango Lounge on Friday March 29th, following reading of the reviews found online.
We booked a table and were seated on time at 8pm, upstairs in the smaller seating area.

The range on the menu is diverse and gives very good choice.
I had a King Prawn Martini starter which was delicious! My partner had chilli scallops that were cooked to perfection. Presentation of both starters was good.

We then had the Venison masala and Chettinad chicken, with two Duck Keema Naans, all delicious!

The service was great and the staff very friendly!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to people visits Windsor for a very very tasty and very good quality Indian meal!

Walsall, United Kingdom
“Poor service, Poor quality food, did not live up to its reputation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Mango Lounge claims to be one of London's most upmarket Indian restaurants. On the night I went there the restaurant was virtually empty but the waiter decided to seat the three of us in a corner adjacent to the service area. This was despite the fact that I had made a reservation well in advance. On several occasions we were interrupted because the waiter needed access to the service area. We also observed cutlery being dropped on the floor and then just placed back without it been cleaned. We asked to be moved somewhere more suitable but were told all the tables were reserved. It was only when we said that we shall be following up on our experience that we were moved.

Eventually when the starters came they were insipid, dry and lacking in quality and taste. The main course, well the less the better - my lamb was stringy and flavourless and the chicken was not marinated but instead seemed to have just been thrown into the sauce. I ordered some garlic naan bread, which was slightly burnt and missing the garlic. The rest of the food was bland and tasteless.

I don’t usually write reviews but felt that on this occasion I had to share my experience as I learnt a lesson today to write reviews and help other travellers from such bad experiences.
I am of Indian ethnicity and have been around good Indian food since birth. Here the server was inattentive to our needs; he simply brought the food, and then showed up again when you're done. The food is completely unexceptional.

Award winning, I certainly don’t think so. I have tasted better in my local pub. All awards are historical, it’s the here and now that counts and for them to mean something standards have to be maintained for each and every occasion and not just for awards ceremonies. Mango Lounge has fell way short of what I was led to believe and expected of them.

Tourists are being ripped off with their extremely over priced menu and annoyingly late service for the poor quality food.

I'm afraid that the first timers will be scared to touch Indian food again. I can't say this was a memorable experience

Certainly not an experience to be repeated.

• Visited March 2013