“Windsor Castle-An English Icon” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Windsor Castle like an insider
Special Offer
$126*
and up
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath Day Trip from...
Ranked #1 of 42 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and offers an extraordinarily rich and varied day out. Throughout its history, the Castle has been redecorated, enlarged and rebuilt. Today The Queen spends most of her private weekends at the Castle, which is also used regularly for ceremonial and State occasions. Your ticket to Windsor Castle includes entry to Treasures from the Royal Archives exhibition in the Drawings Gallery.
Perth WA
10 attraction reviews
“Windsor Castle-An English Icon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We happened to visit the quaint little village of Windsor and decided to take a look at the Queen's weekend retreat. We knew that we would see her doll's house but was pleasantly surprised at how much the public could view of the stately home. In fact, it wasn't until we saw the movie, "The King's Speech" and recognised the same stately rooms that we were so pleased we had taken the tour. You get to see lots of historic rooms, weapons, paintings, artifacts...the list goes on. For us Aussies it was well worth the pounds we paid on entry. Then we got to sit outside a lovely cafe and have our first ''cream tea'' (which I must add was delicious) and had lunch in a lovely little pub. The shopping is great and all in all a lovely place to visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Twickenham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

A thousand years of history in one spot! Well worth the entry and who knew that the royal china was so dastardly ugly!

Delft, The Netherlands
46 attraction reviews
“Royal Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The compound of the castle is quite large, and a lot of stuff to discover there. A lot of rooms and collections are available for the public to admire. Truly a great experience for us to see the actual and still actively used royal rooms. Because of the security check at the entrance, do expect to wait for quite a long queue. A minor bad experience is that, the staffs that ran the security and entrance were not very polite and pleasant.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Shame about the entry and exit staff !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Have been planning to go to Windsor for ages and am so pleased I did, I loved it. The only criticism I have is that the entry (ticketing ) staff were sullen and inefficient, which seemed to be driven by the fact I used a London Pass, the exit staff where equally unpleasant, but all the other staff were delightful. I even called customer services to report my experience and they were equally as unpleasant....

yorkshire
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a brilliant day out ! I visited Windsor Castle over 30 years ago as a child and have just had the oppotunity to revisit.I visited the castle with my mother and father who walks with the aid of two walking sticks..As soon as the staff spotted us they came to my fathers aid straight away,nothing was too much trouble.We were given access to short cuts and the use of a lift.Once inside the guides constantly asked my father if he needed a seat ,a drink etc.I think he felt like royalty himself ! A special thank you to Colin who was brilliant.The state appartments and semi state rooms were amazing.We also found the audio guide very informative and was great because we could go at our own pace. Excellent value for money, a great day out and would strongly recommend a visit to anyone of any age or ability.

Visited December 2012