“Great day out!” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a theme park dedicated to children aged 3-12 years old. Play your part in a world of LEGO adventure. Plus for the ultimate LEGOLAND experience stay over at the new LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel right in the middle of the park! With over 55 interactive rides, live shows, building workshops, driving schools and attractions, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a unique theme park for the whole family to enjoy.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Fareham, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived as the park opened and left 10 minutes before it closed but still didn't see everything.
The park caters well for all ages (we had a lively 5 year old in tow) and we were lucky with the weather, the splash pool was a great favourite and of course the water rides.
We purchased our tickets via Tesco points which was a great bargain as I know the normal ticket price is expensive.
We are planning another trip to do the rest of the park we didn't have time for.
A great time had by all!!!!!

• Polish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“legoland windsor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

best to book on line, its cheaper and you wont be stuck in a long queue.

Get there early and you wont have to queue so long for the attractions. It is a fantastic place but with so many visitors the queues are long. If the water show is still on it is great, plenty of places to sit and no queues.

Visited August 2012
Sydney
“Poor experience overall. What a rigmarole to get there and back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Unfortunately, Legoland was the worst day of our holiday with our two boys aged 11 and 9 (who absolutely love Lego).

We caught the train from London Waterloo, purchasing 25%-off tickets at the station (including return train, shuttle bus and entry). On arriving at Windsor station, it wasn't obvious where the shuttle bus went from. It turned out that the "shuttle" bus was a local bus route that left from around the corner, stopping all through Windsor on its 30 minute trip to Legoland. When we arrived at Legoland, we had to convert our pre-purchased tickets into "real" tickets by queuing at guest services for 15 minutes. As it turned out, we would have saved money and spent just as much time queuing if we bought train tickets at Waterloo, shuttle bus tickets on the local bus, then bought tickets at Legoland (2-for-1 tickets at the gate if you show your overland train ticket). Crazy.

Once in Legoland it was after 10am. Even though it was not school holidays, many of the locals had taken their kids out of school for the day as it was a gorgeous day. Queues for most of the rides were quite long for rides that our 9 year old thought were pretty naff. We queued for an hour for the log ride, only to get one downhill drop (but this was pretty good - prepare to get a bit wet). The roller coaster was probably the best ride (20 min queue), even if it was relatively tame. The pirate ship (30 min queue) didn't turn fully upside down, Indiana Jones (can't remember the name - etc. In the end, the rides were pretty disappointing.

The BEST bit by far was Miniland and Star Wars land. The models were fantastic (even if a few were a little faded by the English sun!). The boys loved seeing all of the places they had visited in London in the couple of days previously. If you love Star Wars, there are (large) miniature scenes from each of the Star Wars movies - fantastic.

To end the day was the attrocious public transport away from the park and back to Windsor. The park closes at 6 o'clock. It was 6:15 by the time we left the Lego shop (the boys are Lego mad, remember). There was a long queue for the next shuttle bus which didn't come for another 20 minutes or so - why don't they have lots of buses at closing time? When the next bus came, we were told that he would only take passengers to London and that we should wait for the next bus (another 15 minutes), even though the bus was supposed to stop at Windsor too. The driver explained that it was because it was a long wait for the next London bus. By this time, we were getting pretty mad and frustrated. Eventually, we got onto a bus, only to be caught in a traffic jaw with all of the other cars leaving Windsor by the small one lane roads. It took around an hour on the bus back to Windsor station.

All-in-all, we found it a pretty disappointing and expensive overall experience, marred by long queues, expensive ticket prices, poor transport to and fro and a slight feeling that everything is just a bit tired.

P.S. To top it off, most of the bathroooms all have warm water with signs saying "do not drink" - another ploy to get you to purchase their expensive fizzy drinks.

Plymouth
8 attraction reviews
“Awesome Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to Legoland on the first Saturday of the school holidays, we were a bit nervous that the park would be packed and we’d have endless waits for rides, but we’d promised to take our 4 year old son as an end of term treat, and travelled from the South West to stay with relatives who live close by. We were 4 adults and one 4 year old, and I just haven’t got enough superlatives to describe what an amazingly fun day we had!!!!

Firstly, we got to Legoland just before 10 am, and had pre-booked Priority Parking, which was £6 for the day and worth it to park right outside the entrance (particularly at the end of the day when we were tired and only had a 2 minute walk to the car!). Our son enjoyed the drive in, spotting all the Lego characters on the grass verges, getting more excited by the minute. Entry into the park was smooth, lots of kiosks and efficient staff, and so the queues were not long. We had pre-booked our tickets which was another good idea as we went straight to the Guest Services queue. I know a lot of people say that the price of entry is expensive, and I had thought this myself before going, but I can honestly say that now I think it’s worth every penny (especially if you can pick up a ticket offer anywhere).

The park is immaculate throughout, well kept and maintained, and very green and leafy. The only teeny criticism I would have is that I would have liked to be able to print off a map of the park before we went so that we could plan our route around instead of wasting precious fun time studying the map once we were in. The location is amazing, with far reaching views from the entrance into the park to the Castle in Windsor and Heathrow in the distance. My sister in law is from LA, she’s used to the big US theme parks, and Legoland got a big thumbs up from her. Even though the park was busy during the first weekend of the school holidays, we never felt like the park was too busy or crowded.

We loved Legoland because it is firmly aimed at family fun rather than being a big theme park with scary rides and lots of things that younger kids can’t go on. I’m a big scaredy cat when it comes to theme park rides and usually end up being the bag and coat minder but I went on nearly everything and had a whale of a time! There are boards at the entrance to every ride telling you how long the estimated wait would be, and I have to say that we usually waited much less time than the board said. I was worried that my son would get bored waiting in queues but there is so much to look at while you are standing in line that he didn’t get twitchy once. We managed to get on everything that we wanted to, and even though we were on the go from 10.00 to 5.45, we still missed some parts out which means we’ll just have to drag ourselves there again!

We particularly loved the Atlantis Submarine ride, Raft River Racers, The Dragon rollercoaster, Boating School, Dino Safari, Scarab Bouncer, Viking River Splash, the pirate show (which was fantastic) and the 4D cinema. I sat out on the Viking River ride, as we didn’t want to get the bags wet, and discovered to my delight that there are water canons on the path alongside to soak the riders with. I had so much fun firing jets of water at the poor people in the boats, probably more fun than going on the ride itself? My little boy also enjoyed the outdoor playground close to Duplo Valley.

We hadn’t taken a picnic with us as we didn’t want to haul it around, or have to go back to the car, so we had planned to eat at one of the food outlets within the park. We stopped at the burger hut, and whilst the food was OK (my husband and brother in law thought their beef burgers were horrible but I enjoyed my chicken burger), it was overpriced at £8.95 for an adult meal and £5.95 for a child’s meal. The price of drinks were expensive too, we had to pay £2.50 for a standard bottle of coke from a vending machine and £4 each for a Slush Puppy drink. I think next time we will definitely take our own picnic and save money for souvenirs etc. However, I did like the fact that the shops selling toys etc were set to one side, so that they could easily be avoided if you didn’t want to take the kids in there and deal with having to say No if they wanted something expensive.

Despite the cost of the day, it was priceless to see my son’s face during the day, to see him thoroughly enjoying himself and to hear him say “Mummy! This is AWESOME!!!!”.

Ayr
“Happy birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Another year at legoland & another great time. We have now gone to this park 3 years running, my kids are 8,&5 & love it. This year when we were there it was my birthday & as my kids made me wear a big badge everyone knew, but I don't think we went by any member of staff that didn't say happy birthday. Friendly park great for young kids (& adults that like to act like kids )