“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Windsor
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Oakley Court...beautiful historic hotel, stunning location, top notch food and staff who make you feel that they really care about your stay. Perfect place for a relaxing break! The hotel breathes history yet manages to balance this with classy decor and comfort. Convenient for Windsor, yet you return to a haven of peace and relaxation. There is the option to take a boat directly from the hotel down the Thames towards Windsor. Definitely recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your words of appreciation following your recent stay at the Oakley Court Hotel. We were delighted to receive your commendations about our hotel the impressive service offered by our team. We look forward to welcoming you on a future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Oakley Court is a wonderful venue set in some stunning grounds. The location on the edge of the River Thames really gives Oakley Court a good base for Weddings and if you fancy it a little trip on a boat cruise!
The reception staff( Alistair in particular) are very welcoming and informative. We had a river view room in the "west wing". This is a separate building built to fit in with the rest of the venue. The carpet in the public area of this building was a little tired and might benefit from an upgrade but the bedroom was large and spacious with all the necessary accompaniments - tea/coffee/water/fridge/digital tv. The view from the window was as expected, a lovely view across the manicured grounds to the Thames. Shame that the actual windows and frames weren't as refreshing, a little tired in appearance sadly. Comfy Beds and the BEST shower I have had in a long time. More power than a jet washer!!!
We had a small snack in the "tea room" and the food was reasonable and well presented although nothing special.

The Oakley Court has a 2 star rosette restaurant in which we had booked an evening meal package. As with our snacks,the food was well presented but I can't put my finger on it, something just wasn't there - it lacked the wow factor that I had anticipated. However a nice bottle of White Rioja from the wine list made up for the shortcomings :)
The other thing to be aware of is that Oakley court caters for the private guest as well as the corporate. The latter has a wide option of conference facilities and offers. This means that if you are a couple looking for a romantic evening, you could be sharing it on a table next to a bunch of Sales Reps...just takes the edge off things a bit.
The bar area is a little on the small side but there are enough rooms and areas off it to find a seat and enjoy an after dinner nightcap.

Breakfast is buffet style both for hot and cold - tea/coffee & Toast is brought to your table though. A good selection is available on either choice so you shouldn't go wanting. Free newspapers are available as you enter the breakfast area.

We didn't have the opportunity to use the leisure club facilities but these are situated a few metres walk from the main building and reading the bedroom blurb look to have everything you'd need.

A final thing to say( and the reason I have given 4 stars as oppose to 3) is the way the Duty Manager and reception staff dealt with the small issues we experienced during our stay. Their skills and manner were a great example of what alot of other hotels lack and their managers should take note. They were a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We always welcome constructive feedback and thank you for recognising the high standard of guest service our staff aim to provide. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back on a future visit.
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were offered this hotel as our previous hotel were unable to accommodate the last night of our holiday break. I asked to see the room we were allocated but found it to be disappointing with a broken lampshade and shabby furniture! After viewing other rooms and as I had been offered a suite from our third party booker we choose a lovely suite in the west wing over looking the river. It's a lovely hotel but close inspection shows wear and tear. The breakfast is a buffet style which is unfortunate for such a class hotel. The grounds are beautiful and it seems a lot more care are taken of these than the inside of the hotel which needs a lot of love and attention. The candle light gives the entrance a magical feel in the evening but only one fire place was lit when there are several other fire places! Overall the service and the staff are very friendly so we would always be happy to return!

Room Tip: Always inspect the room allocated and change if not happy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Please accept my apologies for the shortfall with regards to the room you were initially allocated. I am pleased to note that the situation was immediately rectified by my team as this is not our normal operating standard. Thank you for your review – and we are pleased that you would always be happy to return to The Oakley Court Hotel.
willenhall, west mids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

For the third time we have stayed at the Oakley Court and still find that the staff are delightful and attentive without being intrusive and the surrounding area and views of the gardens which slope down to the Thames are astounding, just to sit and eat breakfast and watch rowers passing by and squirrels looking for bits of food that are occasionally forthcoming to them is a great way to start the day, whatever the weather.

They appear to be doing some work on various rooms on the hotel which whilst we were there was not bothering or intruding on our stay.

We in thepast have always stayed in the Main Building, but this time we stayed in one of several other building they have where rooms are based, our own private staircase so no noises in the night to disturb us and the room was absolutely huge and charming I must say. There was only one drawback and we have mentioned in their feedback forms that they leave in the room and that was the mattres, so if anyone there is reading this then room 402's room is in desperate need of a new mattress, probably one of the most uncomfortable nights sleep I have had for quite a while (last time was a Travelodge, not in the ssame price bracket or on a par with this hotel I think) so come on Oakley Court don't let yourselves down with this small correction going undone. The beds in the main building are fine, I have always found.

There is only one small comment further and that the breakfasts could be a bit warmer, the serving trays they are stored in are not really sufficiently warm so yourt meal goes cold very quickly, but I shall be back and I shall ask for a Main building room just in case nothing had been done.

It's great for all the Family and even when there are weddings on the other guests are not pestered by noise etc.

Room Tip: If I were you I would stay in the main buiding and if they have a river view then take that one
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to learn that you once again enjoyed your stay and I assure you that I am investigating your comments regarding the mattress in your room with my Head of Housekeeping - please accept my apologies. It is only through your valued feedback and comments that we can improve our services and operations in the future. Thank you for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here for a birthday. The hotel is in an amazing setting and our room was a 'executive double' with river view.

Before the booking: We searched Google and a website came up called 'oakleycourtwindsor' which we assumed was the hotel. It wasn't, it was an agent website. We didn't get a good deal and after we stayed, I found a cheaper rate for the room elsewhere. That was disappointing.

During our stay: We arrived with complimentary fresh fruit in the room and two bottles of Hildon water. The only issue I had was the shower which was extremely low, I had to do morning lunges to wash my hair! I'm only 6ft.

The service was great, although we didn't eat dinner at the hotel, we had a few drinks at the bar and the staff were always attentive.

For the room rate, the room was average with its facilities considering its amazing setting, the view and staff service is the only reason I rated the hotel Very Good.

We had a nice stay, but for the price I was hoping for a little bit more. There were the usual dry hotel packet biscuits, really should have been something from the kitchen for the price of the room and a mini bar would have worked well.

Room Tip: Go for a River View room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased your enjoyed your stay. Thank you for valued feedback which I will share with my team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great hotel very close to work so in regards to location it's excellent. The service on arrival was excellent and I was shown outside to enter a different part if the hotel to find my room. My room was very nice and spacious and I was given complementary wifi which I needed for work. I could see the boats on the Thames from my window which was a real treat.

The only negative comes with the subject of food. The prices for the restaurant were completely ridiculous even for London. £10 staters and £32 for a main meal. So I went for a bar meal and it still came to over £30 for a burger and chips. I also ha to eat in the bar on a small table which was far from comfortable.

Other than food, the hotel is great.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for rating the location and service at The Oakley Court Hotel as excellent. I can advise that our restaurant prices are in line with the market place and I can also confirm that our Gourmet Burger and Chips is priced at £16.50. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

A beautiful and elegant hotel with much to enjoy and see. Look forward to a very warm welcome, high quality and well appointed bedrooms and grounds that have hosted royalty. A short drive from Windsor with walks along the Thames and great shopping. One of the best hotels we have stayed at. The only negative would have been a warm cooked breakfast, rather than piping hot!

Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Been to The Oakley Court? Share your experiences!