“Comfortable & Relaxed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Adelaide Hotel

You added The Royal Adelaide Hotel to your Saves list
The Royal Adelaide Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Kings Road, Windsor SL4 2AG, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN Royal Adelaide)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Windsor
“Comfortable & Relaxed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

The Royal Adelaide is a very comfortable small boutique hotel. It's off the beaten path in a quiet idyllic neighbourhood in Windsor making it a great location for a peaceful night's sleep. It's right beside the 'Long Walk' so maybe a 10 minute walk to the Castle and High Street and only a 15 minute walk to the train for London and other parts of England.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming although there aren't many of them and don't expect any bellhop service. This can be a problem because there is no elevator. It can be especially annoying if you're staying on the third floor and your card key keeps demagnetizing. :) The food is very good especially the free hot breakfast but the dinner's can be on the pricey side. The bar is great for a pint or two and there's couches and a TV if you feel like watching some East Enders. The only real complaint I have is that, as in all older buildings the hot air rises so that by the time you reach the third floor the hallways are stifling. Each room has A/C however so it's blessing to reach your room.

Overall it's a great place to stay while in Windsor. i would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone staying in the Windsor area.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

The location of this hotel is approximately 5 minute walk from Windsor Castle / Centre of town. The hotel interiror has just been recently renovated to a very high standard and the rooms were excellent. All of the staff were very polite and attentive to our needs. The cost of this hotel is a lot cheaper than other hotels in or around the windsor castle location on various websites and could not believe we got such a good offer for the standard of this accomodation. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and when we visit Windsor again we would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Stayed here for one night when I went to meet friends earlier this month. The hotel was easy to find and much more impressive than the pictures make it look. Nice bathroom with a good shower and toiletries. Breakfast was good but the sausages that came with the full English were strange - not sure what meat they were made of!

The staff here were very friendly although bar drinks were not cheap. There's a nice pub about a 10 minute walk away and many more in Windsor about a 15 minute walk in the other direction.

The hotel is situated just opposite the grounds to Windsor Castle very near the army barracks although you wouldn't know this as there was no disturbance at all.

Highly reccommended, good price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Moss Vale NSW Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We found this little gem on the internet. Stayed on two separate occasions and both times we were very satisfied with our accommodations. Both rooms were not large but comfortable and clean with updated furnishings. Bathroom was modern and with excellent sized towels. Bed very comfortable and good pillows. Both check in receptionists were very friendly and helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. We didn't eat there so can't comment on the food, also we had no car so parking was not a problem. It was a 10 minute very pleasant walk into the heart of Windsor and a large park close by to really stretch your legs. Even though on a main road it was still very quiet, but the planes to Heathrow do go right overhead but that really didn't bother us. Would definitely recommend for a 1 or 2 night stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Overton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I agree with some of the previous comments about the tight car park (at least they have one) and the never ending stairs). However the staff were most welcoming and the room was very nice. The bathroom was not exactly built for giants, but was adequate except for one thing and that was every time you tried to sit on the toilet, you were in danger of burning your leg on the towel rail - not well thought out. We only had breakfast at the hotel,which was OK apart from an interesting situation with the glasses for the fruit juice. there was not one on display which was clean. when we asked for a clean glass, we waited about 5 minutes for one to appear and then the waiter simply went to the pile of dirty glasses, picked one up and brought it to the table. When we questioned this, we were told that all the glasses had been cleaned and polished earlier and that we would not notice anything if he filled it with fruit juice for us - I leave you all to draw your own conclusions to the outcome of this comment!!
Overall though, I can only recommend this hotel, if you are looking for a pleasant and very convenient place to stay in Windsor.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

A good decent hotel where effort has been applied to refurbish the rooms to a high standard. Clambering over the toilet to reach the bath was a slight nuisance and so easily could have been avoided with a little more careful planning!
Car park is tight so will test your skill in most cars.
Food was good quality and great value.
10 minute walk from Windsor Castle and 2 minutes from park makes location desirable and quiet.
Avoid breakfast sausages as like so many hotels now only cooked on one side.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I stayed in the Royal Adelaide last week for a night. The room, an 'executive' single was perfectly acceptable and nicely decorated in the standard creams and browns but as with so many single rooms, it overlooked the car park at the rear. However, it and the bathroom were fine. No Radio 4, which was poor service. Only Capital or Classis FM. The major drawback was the layout of the hotel with endless corridors and up and down staircases everywhere. I was quite exhausted by the time I'd lugged my case to my room. I'd foolishly turned down an offer of help with my case!
Unfortunately, there was a wedding going on so I could hear the disco but it didn't stop me going to sleep. Since it was pouring with rain and I was tired, I ate at the hotel. The drabness and emptiness of the dining room should have alerted me. Very sub standard dried up burger with OK chips and a house red wine (Rioja, apparently) that was so appauling that even I, a seasoned drinker, couldn't manage it!
I wanted to do some emailing but the Adelaide is one of those rip off hotels that charge for a wi-fi connection. £2 for 30 mins, £3.50 for an hour or £10 for 24 hours. I used my dongle instead.
Breakfast was passable but the coffee was unspeakable. Staff were friendly but I was a bit surprised when checking out - the lad on the desk asked me if I'd enjoyed my supper and when I said I'd had better, quick as a flash he asked me if I'd had worse. When I said yes, he seemed to think all was well. While I appreciate his attempt at humour, I was a bit taken aback and as a concequence of the sub standard food, will not be returning.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Royal Adelaide Hotel? Share your experiences!