“Wonderful Stay at Macdonald Windsor” 5 of 5 stars

Macdonald Windsor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 High Street, Windsor SL4 1LH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Windsor
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay at Macdonald Windsor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We took our daughter to the Macdonald Windsor as a surprise treat for her 21st Birthday. We had a wonderful overnight stay. Customer service was brilliant, the staff without exception were incredibly hospitable and profession, very friendly and helpful in everyway. The decor and ambiance of the hotel was calm, tasteful, comfortable and relaxed. I can certainly recommend the breakfast and Margaritas!!

Room Tip: Look for special offers eg Winter Warmer breaks which included breakfast and a £10 credit on the roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you and you enjoyed the decor and ambience of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for the New Years Party package and it didn't disappoint. From the start to the finish... No complaint. Valet car parking... Bags to the room... Great location for shopping... The room was fantastic. Just having a Bose docking station makes such a difference to when your getting ready!! The party that was laid on was great... 4 course meal followed by a disco. My only complaint... Get a better dj who didn't keep going out for a fag and who played better music. Breakfast was welcomed in the morning and sorted out the sore head. I would recommend this hotel if you want a night away and fancy a shop somewhere different.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting your review of your experience following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel to celebrate the New Year with us.

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate the helpful details you provided. It is lovely to receive feedback of this nature and the team are always encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel. The accommodations were inviting, modern, and clean. The staff were incredible with great dedication to service. Particular recognition to David the concierge that went out of his way to help me when I was in a bind by going to the local travel store to exchange my currency. That is what I call unbelievable service. Loved it!

• Stayed January 2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well - particularly David!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This is our third visit to this hotel and will not be our last. We went early December and again for New Year and had a lovely time. The rooms are lovely and clean and if there every is a problem it gets sorted quickly. The staff are all very helpful and cannot do enough for you. The breakfast is perfect, you help yourselves to cereal etc and hot food is served to you by the waiter. Location is superb you just walk out the hotel and you are in the town. My only downfall like everyone else's is the price of the car park £28 per night or you can have a space on the road for £12 per night. Please don't let this put you off because it's a small price to pay if you like quality, comfort and friendliness.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel. I was really pleased to learn of your enjoyment and especially that you felt so well looked after by the team.

We appreciate the helpful details regarding alternative parking and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Spent one night here. Hotel entrance easy to miss, but once you got in it was lovely, inviting, beautifully and very tastefully decorated for Christmas. Location fantastic - literally right opposite the castle. Good for shopping and restaurants. Bedroom was lovely; fab towels, wonderful shower, all the right extras and a fresh modern decor. We had supper and breakfast in the hotel . Supper was really great, breakfast was good (a little more variety required perhaps - but that's been uber critical). Reception was efficient. We parked at the Station car park and they do a great deal for all weekend parking after 10am Friday. Parking generally in Windsor is a nightmare and expensive - so it was a good deal. The walk from car park not too far. There aren't many hotels I want to visit again, but this is one of them! Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that the team looked after you well and you enjoyed our location, your bedroom and overall food experiences.

We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel over my boyfriend's birthday and had a wonderful stay. We were greeted on arrival by very friendly reception staff. We were swiftly checked into our room and the room we were given was of a very high standard. The hotel has recently been refurbished and is stunning! The room was spacious, much bigger than it looked in the photos, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had an amazing waterfall shower that I could have spent hours in! There's a really cosy bar area downstairs with lots of comfy sofas and a really good selection of wines. We had breakfast delivered to our room and it was delivered on time and piping hot. The location was perfect and right in the centre of Windsor.
My only criticism is the hotel's car park situation. The hotel car park was full when we arrived so we had to park a good 10min walk away in a long stay car park. If you want to park in the hotel prebooking is a must.
I spend a lot of time in hotels with work and have to say this was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a very long time. Should we need to stay in the Windsor area we would return to this hotel without question.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the helpful details you provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Sherborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed 24th.& 25th. December to have Christmas with my Mum who lives in Windsor.

Lovely hotel with wonderful staff, great breakfast selection, a terrific bar and our room was a perfect size for my wife and I, although I've met better showers than that one!
Not cheap, but for special occasions, damn near perfect. The location is the clincher though, directly outside the Castle gates, WOW.

My only negative, although I didn't use it, is the parking. A serious problem. Difficult to find and at £28.................. Robbery. But parking in Windsor is a serious problem!!

Room Tip: No tips as our room was for sleeping in only. No view but it was unimportant to us. Comfortable bed...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, particularly the service from the team, our breakfast selection and your room.

I was however sorry to note that you were disappointed with the parking charge. Parking is limited in Windsor, and we offer a full valet service. We would never intentionally hide our costs, and offer parking as an additional option when guests book with us. By pre-booking a parking space, we can assure guests of a smoother and easier arrival experience with porterage.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards

Beverley Molmans

Been to Macdonald Windsor Hotel? Share your experiences!