I stayed in this hotel on a business conference recently. It's benefitted from a recent refurbishment and the quality of the fit and finish is excellent. It's also a deceptively large hotel. Viewed from the street, you'd never guess how large it actually is.
The staff were all very helpful, definitely customer focused and keen to ensure every requirement was met. The bedroom was clean, a good size and nicely furnished with high quality fixtures and fitting (with one exception, see below). The conference rooms were similarly well equipped, although they suffered from being quite poorly lit.
A few negatives:
1. The service in the restaurant was slow. If you have forty five minutes for a business lunch, you might not get your food. The waiting staff were keen and helpful so this might be an issue with the kitchen. The standard of the food was good though.
2. The iron in the room was not up to the job of ironing a shirt. For a business hotel, this is quite a big deal to me (maybe I'm picky). If the hotel goes to the trouble, as this one has, of putting ironing boards and irons in the rooms for guests, then go a little further and make it a steam iron.
3. Parking is very expensive. They have limited space, and it's unusual for a hotel in the middle of Windsor to have any parking at all, but £25 a night feels steep. They do valet park for you.
Small issues, but if they stop me from giving a five star rating. I do recommend this hotel though, especially if you're a tourist as the location could not be better. 50 metres from the castle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coveted with a multitude of awards for exceptional customer service and sustainability, the four-red star Macdonald Windsor Hotel is must-stay hotel in the heart of Windsor. Ideally located 2 minutes' walk from the gates of Windsor Castle and in the centre of the shopping parade, Macdonald Windsor Hotel is the perfect base offering you the most comfortable beds in town. The Royal Borough is home to some of the UK's best known attractions such as Windsor Great Park, Legoland and Savill Gardens, not to mention being just 40 minutes away by train from the heart of our capital; London. And when the day of exploration or work is done and you retire to your room, make sure you indulge on one of the finest steaks, prepared using 21-day aged Aberdeen Angus steak and complimented by a glass of delicious red straight from our AA-rosette awarded Scottish Steak Club restaurant. For bugm.wisiness meetings and conferences, our flexible and accessible meeting space for up to 150 delegates is just the ticket and our Meeting's all-inclusive delegate package with dedicated meeting support helps ticks all of your event objectives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Windsor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.