“Never had a bad meal here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 169 Restaurants in Windsor
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Surrey
“Never had a bad meal here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went here over Xmas (been many times before also to Wokingham and Reading over the years). It was the first time I had been with my other half as seem to have only been for girly or work lunches in the past.

It was relaxed in there and I have always liked the fact that you can see the food prep being done.

I had the crab ravioli starter, my boyfriend had the potted mackerel. For main I had hake with hollandaise sauce and he had fish and chips - we also ordered the mussels and prawn extras and the prawns were really really good! so sweet! Mussels were lovely and big too. Everything we ate was perfectly cooked. Simple food nicely done.

Puddings were lovely (creme brulee). We ate far to much, but it was Christmas so that makes it okay in our book!

The staff were really knowledgeable about the food and recommended a good white wine. In a chain restaurant I sometimes find that process is of more interest to a waiter/waitress than customer service - definitely not the case here. Really welcoming, staff are consistently good and I have never had a bad meal here - based on at least 5 visits.

Visited December 2012

Bracknell Englan
“Excellent service and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We went here just before Christmas for a meal with friends. It was very busy so we always book ahead. Lovely meal, great fish dishes and a good atmosphere too. Dishes for non fish eaters but the majority of choices are for fish. We had mixed salmon dishes to start with, served cold on a platter, with bread. All of us chose fish eg hake or bream or salmon and you could choose how it was cooked and served and choice of chips, potatoes and vegetables. Beautifully cooked. Would have liked butter with bread on table, but everything else was great! No room for desserts. As I have a loch fyne" card I had a free glass of prosecco, nice too! You can apply for the card when you arrive.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Amazing food and service, as soon as we got there we were treated well and always looked after from start to finish, would strongly recommend this Loch as great value as well

Visited November 2012
windlesham
“Champagne, Oysters then fish pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

One of the better Loch Fyne outlets.

House Champagne is dry and chilled.

Oysters served on chipped ice.

Great for lunch time use special offer.

Visited September 2012
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Noisy and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went for lunch but did not enjoy due to the table being very close and hardly any privacy when talking. The food was ok, nothing memorable which sums up my experience of Loch Fyne in Reading, Staines, Ascot and Henley. Seafood is my favorite but its not done to perfection at any of these restaurants, is it the freshness thats lacking...? I think so

Visited May 2012