“Fantastic place, great spa and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa

You added Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa to your Saves list
Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Shoppenhangers Road | Crescent Dale, Maidenhead SL6 2PZ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Maidenhead
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fantastic place, great spa and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I must say that this hotel must be the nicest I've stayed in the UK -

Spa facilities were great, pool was nicely heated and plenty of towels etc

I stayed in a great room and have no complaints other than the cleaners begun cleaning the room next door before 9 am which was weird...

Staff were friendly and very professional

I would go back, I didn't eat in the restaurant as it looked too pricey IMHO.

• Stayed June 2013
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Italiandave35
Thank you for submitting your review to Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and would thank you for your positive comments about our Personnel. I hope that you will return to Fredrick's one day, and should you do so, I would urge you to dine in our Restaurant which offers truly excellent value for money.
Thanks again.
Giles Shaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Five ladies and a Hen have just returned from a super stay at Fredericks! All the staff were helpful and friendly! Rooms are nice, bed was comfortable! All in all, a really nice stay! A special mention to Giles the general manager who went out of his way to help us and in doing so made our stay a little more special! George the night porter was very sweet too.... I'm sure his retirement will leave a gap, which will be hard to fill! To add... the pool was gorgeous.... Outside one was like a bath! Thanks to you all for your hospitality! We shall return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DanielleH
Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that we managed to sort everything out for you and even more pleased that you all enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best wishes
Giles
Exeter, Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

From the moment we turned in to the car park of this hotel it exuded a bit of quality and we werent let down during our short stay.
The hotel is very nicely decorated and the rooms were pleasant with plenty of space.
What was really nice was having breakfast in the sun on the terrace on one of those very few occasions when the sun put in an appearance.
Additionally we really liked the spa and the staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times.
Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear AgeT
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us; we were all very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time and hope that we may look forward to being of service to you again in the future.
Taunton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night following my nieces wedding at nearby Lillibrook Manor so didn't really get to see much of room as arrived after midnight. We had checked in quickly before and room seemed fine then but arriving back after evening reception nearby and were met with a strong smell of drains which lasted all night and was still about in the morning. Didn't bother to mention it late at night as thought it would probably clear but were aware of it during night and also in the morning up until we left.. Apart from that facilities were all good as would be expected for the price. Breakfast served over large period of time which was good and well cooked, Could have been a bit warmer but I think this would depend on when you came down for it. My Mother-in-Law also had a problem that her room was very cold and although night staff were called, were unable to change temperature! Staff all very friendly and helpful though. Would have been nice to have tea and coffee facilities in room as opposed to just bottled water!

Room Tip: We had room 6 at the front, slightly noisy but well equipped, rooms at rear or ist floor would have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear TauntonRichard19
Thank you for submitting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that there were elements of your stay which were unsatisfactory; whilst it will be of little consolation to you now both these issues have been investigated, the heating in the room has been repaired and the smell that you experienced has been found to be caused by external influences and has since dissipated. Whilst we do not provide Tea and Coffee making facilities as standard we are always happy to supply a tea tray which, as mentioned in our Guest Service Directory, is available on demand from Reception.
On a more positive note I would thank you for your kind comments regarding our Personnel, the quality of our Breakfast offering and our general facilities.
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Arrived very late, and left relatively early at Fredrick's and so was unable to potter about the hotel, view the gardens or avail of the spa. Nevertheless, the time I spent in the hotel was good. Its charming with that olde world reception desk with the big iron keys hanging up behind. The receptionist was able to identify who was in what room and hand keys out appropriately to returning guests. I was sceptical at first, but was able to test it live. Frankly, there is nothing more pleasant than staying in a hotel with a proper key for the door. I've had a few recent stays in hotels with keys not working, or wrong people coming into room etc. The bed was nothing elaborate - but I can tell you, I slept well. Daylight came very early - and the light did transperse the curtains (which were a bit on the slim side) but nothing dramatic. So, I would recommend this place. I also thoroughly enjoyed the full English breakfast and the first decent pot of black tea I'd had in a while.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask where the iron and trousers press are if you need, as they were tucked away in a cupb...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Paris FiFi
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to learn of your satisfaction and happy that you appreciated the traditional touches that we strive to retain here at Fredrick's. I hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back and that, on your next visit, you will have a little more time to spend with us.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I use the word nice a lot in reviews, but then as most places I book I research well I tend to get what I expect. Once in a while though I come across something that feels special, sometimes because of the view, the food, the decor, the staff or some other feature but at Fredrick's it was the all round experience. My wife wanted a relaxing spa break not far from home and we found this urban retreat on the outskirts of Maidenhead. I ususallly plan a location for river walks or sea front or city sights nearby but on this occasion we just wanted a total hotel experience to relax and unwind. The building itself has the appearance of a small hotel looks like a very large house with attractive garden backing on to a golf course. Good on site parking and its own spa and conference facilities. The staff are a real asset friendly well organised hard working and helpful. The interior is nicely decorated with flowers and other decorative items (love the statue made from broken glass. We were given room 109 which was well located to wear your bath robe and slippers and wander to the spa. In comparison to boutique hotels the room looked a bit dated in its furnishing but it looks like it was done with quality fittings which tend to last. The bed mattress was very soft but provided a good nights sleep. Room was garden view spacious and bathroom had a large bath/shower. We arrived in the afternoon so headed off to the gym which was small but had the key things runner, rower, bike, cross trainer, free weights and a small weight machine but you can train to music or news on TV. After training we went into the spa to relax and use the pool before dinner. It has the appearance of a small spa but very nice. The real novelty for me was the spa pool which is both inside and out and has a number of hydrotherapy jets. You go outside the buidling by opening sliding panels in the middle of the pool and it then seems like you are going out to a hot spring as the steam rises off the water. On a sunny day sitting around the pool or in the gardens would be a great option. The spa has a bar so you can enjoy drinks whilst relaxing and they also serve food which can be eaten at a number of tables both inside and out. In the evening we headed off for dinner in the main restaurant there was a group who looked like they were having fun who appeared to have their own room for dinner. We had pre dinner drinks in the cocktail bar then heaed into the main restaurant. There were three menus a bar menu, menu of the day and A la Carte. Which provided enough options for us. The standard of food we were served and presentation was high more fine dining than just dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed it. After a good night sleep we had breakfast at a table looking out to the garden and there was a good selection of continental or cooked with chef doing eggs as required to supplement hot buffet. After breakfast my wife had a facial and massage whilst i retired to the spa for a final swim and to relax and read. Whilst we checked out by 11 the hotel were happy for us to use the spa up to 12 and we left after lunchtime feeling revitalised.
There are hotels, restaurants and spas which are more spectacular but we got a great deal here and they provided exactly what we were looking for in value and experience. We came on a travel deal and took a dinner/room/and spa package with comlemetary treatments and glass of fizz. Excellent value. In my opinion this hotel punches above its weight would definitely consider returning, even without the deal the hotels own package seems good value.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the spa ask!! That area is also away from the bar and restaurants if there w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear MKDon5
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit such a detailed review of your time with us, I was delighted to read of your satisfaction and enjoyment. In many ways you have set out exactly what we aim to provide here at Fredrick's and I hope, very much, that you will come back to see us again soon.
With best wishes
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Giles and his team made my party absolutely fabulously brilliant. Excellent facilities, gorgeous rooms, nothing too much trouble. Just wished it had been a longer stay. Very highly recommended. And for a special occasion-unbeatable!

Room Tip: Berkshire suite-heaven!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Giles S, General Manager at Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear LeslyE50
Thank you very much for posting your review and for your kind comments. I am delighted that the evening was such a success and hope, very much, that we may welcome you back to Fredrick's in the future.
Kindest regards
Giles

Been to Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa? Share your experiences!