“Good Food, Friendly Service and Reasonable Prices.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Marbella
“Good Food, Friendly Service and Reasonable Prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have been eating and drinking at Makado's for around 4 years and so have experienced both the original and new ownerships. It would be very difficult if not impossible to replace Robert the original owner. However, Mikado is now familly owned and run by Gus, one of the sons, and is managed by Alex. We ate there a few days ago having just returned from holiday so nothing in our fridge and just needing to eat. We started with Tempura Prawns which were excellent. I had the Malaysion Curry and my wife had a sizzling chicken dish both excellent. We also ordered Nasi Goreng (rice dish) and Pud Thai noodles which we had forgotten are virtually meals in themselves. We ordered at the bar while we had a glass of wine and we were called to our table when the first course was ready. Service spot on, a small pause (our request) between starters and mains. The service is friendly and on the night we went both bar and both restaurant areas were buzzing but plenty of staff on hand. Sad to see the few negative reviews but our experience is that it is as good as ever and have no hesitation in recommending the place. Our bill for 2 with drinks at the bar, a bottle of wine, one starter, 2 main courses, rice and noodles around £70.00

• Visited April 2012

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Super food, very varied. Great sized portions, very well presented. Service is really good, with very friendly staff. if you are lucky, you get a drink on the house. Nothing is too much trouble. Certainly would reccommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Whether I want to just have a few bits at the bar with some drinks, takeaway or a sit down meal, this place never fails me. I always have a lovely time. The staff are so friendly and attentive. I love the dumplings here!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berkshire
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great food, hot and very well presented. Service could have been a little quicker. However, we would certainly recommend and will be returning.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Best Asian meal I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Wow! I cannot rate this place highly enough. The food was amazing and so fresh- cooked to order. As I am pregnant I have a huge appetite at the moment so my husband and I shared 3 starters (veg gyoza, tofu satay and veg tempura- all just delicious) and then we had a veg curry katsu curry- a million times better than Wagamama! And then the lychee puff for dessert- beautiful! Loads of choice for veggies and vegans and very reasonable prices.
The service was impeccable and our waiter was lovely.
Cannot fault it. Try it out- you will love it!

• Visited March 2012