“Exceptional food only let down by mixed service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Ascot
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Set in 240 acres of parkland, The Barn at Coworth Park specialises in delicious organic comfort food. The large glass doors open out onto a picturesque al fresco courtyard. Rustic yet elegant, the charming dining room at The Barn features stone floors and reclaimed oak dining tables, creating a warm country house feel. The 1st floor bar features striking countryside views.
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Exceptional food only let down by mixed service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

When we arrived table had not been laid up, we waited 10 min to be offered a menu and were served by 4 different people - basically disorganised. That said the food tastes amazing (ham and eggs starter followed by rib eye ), good atmosphere and no real bill shock. Service just needs a fine tune!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback relating to your experience at The Barn at Coworth Park. I will be pleased to share your great comments regarding the food with the chef. However, I was concerned to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations and that you felt the service was disorganised. Please do contact me when you decide to return to the Barn in order that I can welcome you back personally.

Surrey,England
“Different Environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We eat as a group of four at 'The Barn' recently.
After difficulty finding the entrance we arrived through the bar on the upper floor.
The bench seating is unusual but did not suit us, so we asked to be moved.
The ambience was friendly and lively making for an enjoyable evening, even though it was spoilt by an over enthusiastic table nearby. The staff were understanding and moved us upstairs to the bar to finish our meal.
The food was ok, but not special considering the size of the bill.
Will we return -yes. I'm sure it will be a wonderful location for a meal on a nice summer evening.

Visited April 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent dinner at The Barn at Coworth Park. I am pleased that you all had an enjoyable evening and that we were able to accommodate your needs during the evening. I look forward to welcoming you all back, perhaps on a summer evening, when you will be able to enjoy dinner under the stars.

LONDON
“A real Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a top class restaurant in a fantastic setting .
The room is beautiful and changes in character during the seasons
The food is always fantastic and service as you would expect from such a high profile hotel.
Booking are really hard to come by so book in advance.

Visited January 2013
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed dining at The Barn at Coworth Park and how much you appreciate the food, the service and the countryside setting. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Wonderful setting - poor food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having eaten here several times, I just wish you can get a decent meal! I keep going back as I love the setting but it is really not worth the amount they charge. Wine prices are extortionate and the service is very awkward. I just wish the food could live up to the prices; I understand the Barn should be a relaxed dining experience but there is no excuse for average food attached to a 5 star hotel. The best thing about it is the glassware used for drinks.
I have learnt my lesson now and will NOT return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I am very sorry to read your visits to The Barn did not live up to your expectations and I would like to discuss your experience further. I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience.
Ascot, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Ascot!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Another memorable visit to The Barn where the staff make you feel at home & the food is comforting as it is tasty. The menu is great & lovely to see in season with local ingredients.
The open kitchen makes your visit entertaining and adds another dimension to a normal dining experience.
We all enjoyed our food thoroughly & cannot wait to go back to our local favourite restaurant in Ascot!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Barn at Coworth Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Many thanks for sharing your kind thoughts on your memorable visit to The Barn. It is always a pleasure to read how the atmosphere is relaxing and the food enjoyed, and I am glad that you also found the open kitchen added another dimension to the experience. We cannot wait to have you back either, and Greg and his team look forward to the occasion.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection