“Gorgeous room & cocktails” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1344 876600
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Drawing Room at Coworth Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Ascot
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: With picturesque views out across to the terraces and beyond, The Drawing Room at Coworth Park serves light snacks, signature cocktails and classic afternoon tea. In 240 acres of stunning parkland at Coworth Park, The Drawing Room is a cosy, welcoming spot to enjoy the all day dining menu. The light and chic interior has open fireplaces, elegant design and sophisticated furnishings.
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous room & cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved this! great drinks and atmosphere. Loved the piano player too. Had after dinner coffees and the chocolates they brought were fantastic.

Visited April 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Drawing Room at Coworth Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I was delighted you enjoyed after dinner drinks in the Drawing Room and how much you appreciated the piano player and handmade chocolates. I look forward to welcoming you here again for afternoon tea or perhaps dinner next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We visited Coworth Park in late February, as a birthday present for my Grandmother. I was very excited to visit such a stunning hotel, particularly after several trips to its sister The Dorchester.

The afternoon we arrived was bitterly cold, and whilst my father parked the car we were seated temporarily in a lobby/waiting area. We were seated opposite the front door which was constantly opening and closing, letting the freezing cold in. This was not an ideal start to our afternoon, especially as there was clearly a stack of Coworth Park fleece blankets in sight, and they were not offered to us once.

We were soon taken through to the Drawing Room, which was just gorgeous. It doesn't have the traditional luxury of The Dorchester's Promenade, but was rather much more modern and a little Gatsby-ish. It is a beautifully furnished room, and would be all the more wonderful in the summer. However, I couldn't help noticing a stain on my grandmother's chair, and a slightly grubby carpet...these details make a difference!

We were sat in the conservatory area, overlooking the stunning grounds, and were attended to by a very charming young man. I was a little unnerved by the fact that cakes, sandwiches, and scones were served all at once. By the time we had finished the sandwiches, the scones were cold! Is this really the best way to go about serving afternoon tea? Unusually also, our pots of tea were kept away from us so that the waiter could pour it for us himself. It would surely be much better to be able to serve it at our own will, especially as the waiter has to attend to other tables? The afternoon tea was absolutely delicious, but the structure could certainly be improved.

The waiter really helped to make my grandmother's day special by being extra attentive, and even securing a pot of the plum jam that she liked so much with her scones - just wonderful service.

Despite the minor faults, I would certainly recommend Coworth Park, and look forward to returning for a long weekend one day.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Drawing Room at Coworth Park, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such comprehensive feedback of your experience in the Drawing Room at Coworth Park. I am pleased to read that enjoyed your afternoon with us and plan to return, perhaps in the summer so you can enjoy our terrace? I am concerned however to read that you felt that some of the details could have been improved and rest assured I will pass on your constructive comments to the team. Please do contact me when you plan to return in order that I might oversee all details on your behalf.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
“Afternoon Tea is just the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Have been for Afternoon Tea four times in the last year. Each time was as good as the first. Service is excellent. Food superb. The atmosphere is just so relaxing. Really special way to spend a birthday afternoon.

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful 80th Birthday for my Aunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is difficult to find the words to praise this venue enough. We went there for my husband's Aunt's 80th birthday. There was a mix of family in their 20's, 40's, 50's and 70's and all of us really loved our afternoon.
The food was wonderful and the service very special. The young man who was assigned to our table made so much effort to make certain that the birthday girl felt very special. The furnishings are luxurious and very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble.

We will be going back next year - I promise!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Drawing Room at Coworth Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am delighted you and all your family enjoyed your Aunts 80th birthday afternoon tea here at Coworth Park. It will be a pleasure to share your kind compliments on the food and service with the team here and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
sandhurst1
“Calm, relaxed, warm and friendly top of line service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

A fabulous place for a lunch with a choice of comfy sofas, white linen lunch table or over look the gardens through the conservatory. The standard of lunch is very high with a wide selection of menu from a small plate though to bigger meals for those that want it. Every requirement is taken in to account and the cocktails were well advised too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CoworthPark, General Manager at The Drawing Room at Coworth Park, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am delighted you enjoyed the views over the gardens during your lunch in the drawing room at Coworth Park and how highly you valued the overall dining experience including the cocktails. I will share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.