“Wonderful time, and perfect service !” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
LONDON
“Wonderful time, and perfect service !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just arrived home from a outmost stay at this beautiful and luxury place for 2 nights during the second week of April.
Let's start with a huge thank to all the staff, specifcally to Matthew and Joseph "the nearly french speaking manager :) " - private joke . Indeed, I would thank them for their daily services, and their staff from the morning breakfast till the late night service, particularly my regards to Niki (I hope I am not making any spelling error). My first suprise arriving at this hotel, it not only the magic park and ground around it, but also the "young staff" when young does not mean unprofessional or unskilled low standards. Very friendly and nothing seems too much trouble for them
Globally, the place is very welcoming and the room was extremely to our taste, it is always extremely difficult to have modern design on in an classic and old setting - This was completely successful for my wife and I. The facilities (Main building and SPA) were excellent and the food served in the drawing room were just sublime.
A Big thank to the Irish Doormen Gerald who speaks French with a lovely accent, and totally helpful.
We had the afternoon Tea in the Conservatory next to the window, and it was totally relaxing and the gardens full of wild flowers were breathtaking. We will certainly stay there again whenever we are near London, and we promised it to Joseph, therefore we should not fail him, this action has been decided as our "French tip"
The most challeging part is the departure, you just want to consider to stay 1 more night to discover other positive sides of this hotel, and its staff.
To conclude, million thanks for everything ! ! !
ps : I am sorry for this late feedback as I promised this soon to Joseph.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read how highly you appreciated the whole experience especially the staff and service. I will be delighted to share your comments with Matthew, Joseph, Gerald, Niki and the rest of the team here. I am pleased you were able to enjoy afternoon tea in The Drawing Room and I hope to welcome you back when the weather is warmer and the wild meadow is in full bloom.

Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mirfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have just spent the most wonderful 5 days at Coworth Park. This property really is out in the countryside, there was even a duck sat on a nest under a bush very close to the entrance. I also saw a deer feeding on the Spa roof (as per attached picture). The service is exceptional and all the staff are friendly, they cant do enough for you, amazingly the lady on the door came looking for us with an umbrella after we had set off walking, it hadnt started to rain when we set off. A serious A-list lady was also staying there, she was the lucky one as she was staying in the Dower House. One evening we were really lucky and had the conservatory all to ourselves for dinner, so charming and romantic, my husband claimed he had organised it but I think it was more luck than forward planning.!! This hotel really sets the standard for country house hotels, other 5* properties aren't in this league.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spent two nights here celebrating and we found every aspect to be excellent. We used the pool several times and made use of the buggies, great fun. Everyone makes a fuss of you and we were greeted with a. Bottle of champagne and a cake with congratulations on it as we were there for something special. We had two rooms in the barns, one for my wife and I and one for our kids. We all loved the place from the minute we arrived and were greeted by a lovely lady opening the car door with a big beaming smile!

• Stayed April 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Colworth Park and it will be an honour to pass on your warm remarks to all of the team here, and I’m thrilled your needs were tailored to. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our country house estate very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I chose the mansion house superior room over the less pricy stable room, I was very glad I made that decision - I haven't seen the stable rooms but they are in a separate location from the main house, although just a couple of minutes walk.

The room was beautiful, overlooking the rose garden and polo field. Very private view (if you book a room maybe try to get one facing that way). It was a very good size and the bed was very comfortable! Good tv with lots of channels. They had a dvd library at the hotel with films to choose from. The wifi cost £13 per day which I found a bit off. The shower had a really large head which was nice but the pressure wasn't strong. The beautiful free-standing copper exterior bathtub was great.

Well decorated, light and airy room, as understated as the Dorchester in London is overstated.. The only problem we encountered was that there seemed to be a few large flies flying around the room.. we complained at reception but they didn't seem to take too much note, so it seemed like it was a one-off.
Breakfast was great. No buffet, only a la carte. The only negative thing about the hotel was that the spa is in a separate building from everything else..

The spa:

We stayed at the main building and had to walk outside in the rain to get to the spa (around 3 minutes), which also meant that we had to be fully clothed to get there and back to the room.. it takes away from the experience when you need to put your trousers and shoes and coat on after a treatment or after swimming or whatever, just to make it back to your room.. for guests staying at the stable rooms or cottages it is a longer walk than from the main building-maybe 5 minutes +/-.. other than that the spa is very nice. On the first day (Sunday) there were a lot of kids at the pool and it was pretty noisy which made it hard for me to relax, but on Monday it was very quiet. The pool is medium sized, not very deep and has underwater music playing which is very nice. No jacuzzi. The relaxation room is a bit like someone's living room.. very nice cafe at spa with green view. My husband claimed his massage was the best one he'd ever had. The gym is great, with the best equipment and overlooking the green. Overall the spa is really great, I've just been to better layed-out ones and I'm very picky..

I will probably be back at this hotel. There are great restaurants around it (and in it-the casual 'barn' restaurant was very good), it has beautiful scenery, a nearby golf course, an equestrian centre and a very good spa. I have already recommended it to my friends.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the rose garden
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Utterly brilliant!

My friend held her wedding reception here in September last year and it was amazing.

The food was breathtaking; Hors d'oeuvre that were something Heston Blumenthall would be impressed by in a sunken garden surrounded by wild flowers and a beautiful pond, the disected BLT i still rave about (Tomato essence jelly, bacon cream and lettuce foam, wow!!! The wedding 'breakfast' consisted of 7 courses each beautifully prepared with divine wine to accompany, the beef in particular was splendid.

Only complaint was that the evening had to end so soon because of sound/noise levels (midnight everything stopped). But this i have found is quite normal for most venues.

Staff were impeccable, the dining rooms and bar were gorgeous, just wow. All of it!

If you can afford such a stunning locale, do it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
It is a pleasure to read such a kind review of your visit to Coworth Park and how highly you enjoyed your friends wedding with us. I am delighted you still speak so highly about the dissected BLT and the wedding breakfast. I will share your comments with all the teams involved and I look forward to welcoming you back here on your next visit.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (my wife and I) recently visited Coworth Park for a romantic weekend away. The property is very well kept and in excellent condition throughout. Checking in and parking couldnt have been easier.

We ate in the more casual stables restaurant on the first night, it is very casual, the menu is good but not outstanding.

The next day we went horse riding and I would highly recommend this. The stables are vast and the grounds are lovely.

The next night we ate in the main restaurant. The food and service is exactly what you would expect but I felt the restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere, We were sat in a small room towards the back with about 20 covers.

We also used the SPA but i have to say we were disappointed with the treatment. We had a joint scrub which felt rushed and hectic. The gym and pool are more than adequate but would not rush to have another treatment.

Breakfast was excellent and the service throughout the stay was faultless.

All in all very nice place located very close to London. Next on the list is Limewood.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house rather than stables.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed a romantic weekend away at Coworth Park and how much you both enjoyed the experience including dining in The Barn and Restaurant Coworth Park. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy horse riding around the grounds and how highly you valued the service. Thank you for your comments on the spa, I will share your comments with the team and I hope to welcome you here again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I has the pleasure of a two night stay here on Easter Monday and the Tuesday. The hotel exudes sophistication but remains relaxed and never stuffy. Staff are the selling point here and take a genuine interest in your stay. Training must be to an exceptional standard as to have consistency across a whole hotel is very rare indeed. Some stand out examples include housekeeping staff offering a 'good morning' when passing by, door men enquiring how you stay is going when tending to the many open fires and the breakfast staff wishing you a very happy birthday.

Food wise, the standards remain very high. Afternoon tea is a lavish affair, Restaurant Coworth Park offers the best hotel breakfast I have ever experienced and The Barn, more standard / gastropub food. The only slip up was a rather fatty steak and a Stilton lamb pie that just didn't work. The Drawing Room proved to be a perfect place to enjoy a bottle of champagne. Although sitting in front of an open fire whilst it was below freezing in early April whilst surrounded with the most beautiful Easter arrangements was a surreal experience. If only the hotel could control the Great British weather.

Upon arrival a complimentary upgrade was offered to Grooms Cottage which was most generous. Having visited Coworth Park before, it is always pleasurable to see that loyalty is rewarded. The cottage itself was immaculate, with the bathroom being particularly opulent. Minor issues included being slightly overlooked and a few non working bulbs. The heating remained a mystery, with the upstairs being incredibly warm but downstairs remaining really rather cold. That being said, it was still a magnificent cottage with so much character.

Overall this place is outstanding and is the stand out property in the Dorchester Collection. A perfect hotel in every way possible.

• Stayed April 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for you extensive review from which I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a two night stay over Easter at Coworth Park, and how much you valued the whole experience from the service and staff to the dining options available. It is a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the Grooms Cottage you stayed in and that you enjoyed champagne in the warmth of the Drawing Room. I will share your kind comments with all of the team and I hope to welcome you back to Coworth Park again when the weather is a bit warmer.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!