“It was truly home from home” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
London, United Kingdom
“It was truly home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spent two nights here celebrating and we found every aspect to be excellent. We used the pool several times and made use of the buggies, great fun. Everyone makes a fuss of you and we were greeted with a. Bottle of champagne and a cake with congratulations on it as we were there for something special. We had two rooms in the barns, one for my wife and I and one for our kids. We all loved the place from the minute we arrived and were greeted by a lovely lady opening the car door with a big beaming smile!

• Stayed April 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Colworth Park and it will be an honour to pass on your warm remarks to all of the team here, and I’m thrilled your needs were tailored to. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our country house estate very soon.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I chose the mansion house superior room over the less pricy stable room, I was very glad I made that decision - I haven't seen the stable rooms but they are in a separate location from the main house, although just a couple of minutes walk.

The room was beautiful, overlooking the rose garden and polo field. Very private view (if you book a room maybe try to get one facing that way). It was a very good size and the bed was very comfortable! Good tv with lots of channels. They had a dvd library at the hotel with films to choose from. The wifi cost £13 per day which I found a bit off. The shower had a really large head which was nice but the pressure wasn't strong. The beautiful free-standing copper exterior bathtub was great.

Well decorated, light and airy room, as understated as the Dorchester in London is overstated.. The only problem we encountered was that there seemed to be a few large flies flying around the room.. we complained at reception but they didn't seem to take too much note, so it seemed like it was a one-off.
Breakfast was great. No buffet, only a la carte. The only negative thing about the hotel was that the spa is in a separate building from everything else..

The spa:

We stayed at the main building and had to walk outside in the rain to get to the spa (around 3 minutes), which also meant that we had to be fully clothed to get there and back to the room.. it takes away from the experience when you need to put your trousers and shoes and coat on after a treatment or after swimming or whatever, just to make it back to your room.. for guests staying at the stable rooms or cottages it is a longer walk than from the main building-maybe 5 minutes +/-.. other than that the spa is very nice. On the first day (Sunday) there were a lot of kids at the pool and it was pretty noisy which made it hard for me to relax, but on Monday it was very quiet. The pool is medium sized, not very deep and has underwater music playing which is very nice. No jacuzzi. The relaxation room is a bit like someone's living room.. very nice cafe at spa with green view. My husband claimed his massage was the best one he'd ever had. The gym is great, with the best equipment and overlooking the green. Overall the spa is really great, I've just been to better layed-out ones and I'm very picky..

I will probably be back at this hotel. There are great restaurants around it (and in it-the casual 'barn' restaurant was very good), it has beautiful scenery, a nearby golf course, an equestrian centre and a very good spa. I have already recommended it to my friends.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the rose garden
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Utterly brilliant!

My friend held her wedding reception here in September last year and it was amazing.

The food was breathtaking; Hors d'oeuvre that were something Heston Blumenthall would be impressed by in a sunken garden surrounded by wild flowers and a beautiful pond, the disected BLT i still rave about (Tomato essence jelly, bacon cream and lettuce foam, wow!!! The wedding 'breakfast' consisted of 7 courses each beautifully prepared with divine wine to accompany, the beef in particular was splendid.

Only complaint was that the evening had to end so soon because of sound/noise levels (midnight everything stopped). But this i have found is quite normal for most venues.

Staff were impeccable, the dining rooms and bar were gorgeous, just wow. All of it!

If you can afford such a stunning locale, do it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
It is a pleasure to read such a kind review of your visit to Coworth Park and how highly you enjoyed your friends wedding with us. I am delighted you still speak so highly about the dissected BLT and the wedding breakfast. I will share your comments with all the teams involved and I look forward to welcoming you back here on your next visit.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (my wife and I) recently visited Coworth Park for a romantic weekend away. The property is very well kept and in excellent condition throughout. Checking in and parking couldnt have been easier.

We ate in the more casual stables restaurant on the first night, it is very casual, the menu is good but not outstanding.

The next day we went horse riding and I would highly recommend this. The stables are vast and the grounds are lovely.

The next night we ate in the main restaurant. The food and service is exactly what you would expect but I felt the restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere, We were sat in a small room towards the back with about 20 covers.

We also used the SPA but i have to say we were disappointed with the treatment. We had a joint scrub which felt rushed and hectic. The gym and pool are more than adequate but would not rush to have another treatment.

Breakfast was excellent and the service throughout the stay was faultless.

All in all very nice place located very close to London. Next on the list is Limewood.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house rather than stables.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed a romantic weekend away at Coworth Park and how much you both enjoyed the experience including dining in The Barn and Restaurant Coworth Park. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy horse riding around the grounds and how highly you valued the service. Thank you for your comments on the spa, I will share your comments with the team and I hope to welcome you here again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I has the pleasure of a two night stay here on Easter Monday and the Tuesday. The hotel exudes sophistication but remains relaxed and never stuffy. Staff are the selling point here and take a genuine interest in your stay. Training must be to an exceptional standard as to have consistency across a whole hotel is very rare indeed. Some stand out examples include housekeeping staff offering a 'good morning' when passing by, door men enquiring how you stay is going when tending to the many open fires and the breakfast staff wishing you a very happy birthday.

Food wise, the standards remain very high. Afternoon tea is a lavish affair, Restaurant Coworth Park offers the best hotel breakfast I have ever experienced and The Barn, more standard / gastropub food. The only slip up was a rather fatty steak and a Stilton lamb pie that just didn't work. The Drawing Room proved to be a perfect place to enjoy a bottle of champagne. Although sitting in front of an open fire whilst it was below freezing in early April whilst surrounded with the most beautiful Easter arrangements was a surreal experience. If only the hotel could control the Great British weather.

Upon arrival a complimentary upgrade was offered to Grooms Cottage which was most generous. Having visited Coworth Park before, it is always pleasurable to see that loyalty is rewarded. The cottage itself was immaculate, with the bathroom being particularly opulent. Minor issues included being slightly overlooked and a few non working bulbs. The heating remained a mystery, with the upstairs being incredibly warm but downstairs remaining really rather cold. That being said, it was still a magnificent cottage with so much character.

Overall this place is outstanding and is the stand out property in the Dorchester Collection. A perfect hotel in every way possible.

• Stayed April 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for you extensive review from which I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a two night stay over Easter at Coworth Park, and how much you valued the whole experience from the service and staff to the dining options available. It is a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the Grooms Cottage you stayed in and that you enjoyed champagne in the warmth of the Drawing Room. I will share your kind comments with all of the team and I hope to welcome you back to Coworth Park again when the weather is a bit warmer.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent two highly enjoyable nights here this weekend.

We are not at all easy to please (I'm a former professional hotel reviewer, the other half goes on a lot of business trips, staying in luxury hotels). Coworth was outstanding. The rooms are beautifully decorated and as clean as they could possibly be (I speak as someone who will spot an un-dusted corner or hair that's out of place - i.e. not mine - at 20 yards).

Our top floor mansion room was a little on the cramped side for three of us (we were there with our son so this meant an extra foldaway bed, so that didn't help) but it was lovely all the same, with sumptuous fabric-lined walls, clever mirrored window shutters to 'widen' the view of the grounds below and a pleasingly comfortable bed. The bathroom was a highlight, all marble lined walls, with underfloor heating, a huge copper bath with views out to the estate (son enjoyed a sunset bath) and a walk-in shower with sizeable shower head (water pressure suffered a little due to this though, and perhaps from being on the top floor). Large, soft robes for us, and a child-sized one, plus slippers, for our son who is normally left out on this front.

The food was exceptionally good, especially Easter Sunday (today) lunch in Restaurant Coworth Park. The roast beef and roast potatoes was among the best I've ever had the pleasure to have.The Barn also looked after us very well indeed for a slightly less formal meal.

The kids' club, in its own building, has a well-equipped downstairs for preschoolers and a cool hang-out for older ones. We loved the fact the hotel had transformed a conference/ function room into a games room for the Easter weekend, with assorted tables set up with games such as chess, Monopoly and Snakes and Ladders. There were also cookies, satsumas, cakes, hot drinks and water available in there, free of charge. An amazing way to use a function room for the weekend and we really appreciated this.

Yet despite all this competition for the 'stand out factor' of our stay, it's the staff we will really remember. Even my seven-year old commented on how amazing they were. They strike the perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism. Special mention must go to Keiran at breakfast and lunch who was wonderful (and yes my son almost forgives your choice of football team).

We did suffer an incident with some lost soft toys that were absolutely definitely in our son's bed in the morning and were left there but then when he went to bed on the second night they had disappeared. Housekeeping staff: if there is a foldaway bed in a room, chances are it's for a child, and therefore the chances are there might be teddies in there. Presumably they were wrapped up accidentally when they changed the bedding. The reception staff were very apologetic and are trying to locate these and luckily our son wasn't too distraught but had he been a little younger or they been his only ones, there could have been serious tears at bedtime. The staff gave him two new Coworth Park bears to apologise. They're not the lost ones but they were a kind gesture all the same and these things happen. Kind of.

If I could change one thing about the hotel itself, it'd be the spa facilities. They're pretty good (decent-sized pool, pleasant spa cafe, all very clean) but don't stand up to the likes of Chewton Glen or Pennyhill Park. They have the space to have made this a larger facility with e.g. hydrotherapy baths, relaxation rooms and an outdoor area (not much use this weekend but in summer?) so I don't understand why it's as it is. Watch out too for quite a lot of babies and toddlers in the pool and changing rooms at times, if this will bother you. As a hotel guest with a child in tow it was great to not have our swimming pool times limited as they are in some spas, but as a child-free grown-up wanting a quiet swim or lounge poolside it could be quite irritating. It's probably quieter mid-week.

Oh and I would grow some trees between the tennis court and the car park beside it, just to perfect the view which in every other direction is beautiful.

All in though, despite the teddy bear incident and the spa facilities not being as extensive as I'd have expected, I came away feeling immensely positive about our stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Coworth to friends (just as long as they don't want to spend all day in a spa).

Room Tip: Go for the first floor not the second in the mansion as I suspect these rooms have higher ceilings f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review on your recent family stay at Coworth Park. I was sorry to learn of the lost soft toys and please be assured that we are liaising with our laundry and should these be located we will be in contact. I was, however, pleased to read how much you enjoyed your visit during the Easter break, and especially the activities that we arranged for our guests during the weekend. I will share your review with the team and we very much hope to welcome you back to Coworth Park in the not too distant future.
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Coworth Park is a lovely country home, so close to London and yet a million miles away. A perfect choice for a weekend away.
The styling of the hotel is modern but not achingly-so, the service was second to none and the amenities throughout are perfect.
We stayed on a 241 deal which made it very good value, in a Stable room. A huge vaulted ceiling bedroom and lovely en suite bathroom we didn't really want to leave. We loved staying here although I'm suyre the mansion house is gorgeous too. We ate at the Barn, excellent food, beautifully served and deliciious cocktails i the bar too.
Lovely lovely break. Beautiful grounds and great for walks nearby too. Spa was awesome, quiet and relaxed, no 'standing on ceremony just well balanced.

Room Tip: We loved the stable block
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your weekend away at Coworth Park and how much you enjoyed staying in our stables accommodation. I am pleased to read that you also enjoyed dinner in The Barn, cocktails in the bar and that you were able to enjoy walks around the grounds. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Coworth Park.
Best wishes, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!