“Don't be put off by the exterior” 5 of 5 stars
Review of il restoronte alpino

il restoronte alpino
Cuisines: Italian, Continental
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by the exterior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Can't remeber how many times I have eaten here. Little door on the street that you could miss then it's on up to the bar area on the first floor, you order here and have a drink whilst you wait then its on up to the next floor to the small restaraunt to eat. Good Italian food reasonably priced, especially the lunch time menu

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Berkshire, England
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had been meaning to visit this restaurant for some time so when the opportunity arose today I was pleased to have lunch here.
The staff were very friendly but I do have to say that the premises seemed a bit run down.
We had an espresso in the downstairs bar area first and then went upstairs to eat. The restaurant was fairly basic with paper table cloths. There were views of Salisbury from the windows. The menus we were handed were a bit on the elderly side but this is not necessarily a bad sign in my experience.
We asked for Italian mineral water but none was available and we had to have a litre of Scottish water which was ok as there were two people to drink it up.
I had the House ravioli which was disappointing, quite small with a sauce that had chopped up bits of sliced ham in it and small sliced mushrooms. For a House pasta dish it let the side down somewhat.
My friend however had the Diavola pizza and this was excellent.
My overall impression was that the place could do with a little TLC but I would return for lunch and order a pizza.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury
“Fabulous Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've been going to Alpino's for a number of years now. The food portions are generous, it tastes Devine, fairly priced & you always get great service. A quaint family run authentic Italian restaurant. There are however 2 lots of stairs to get up to the restaurant which isn't too great for anyone with walking difficulties. Would recommend it to anyone

“A little Italian Gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Luckily my friend new this restaurant when we visited Salisbury for the weekend. It would be easy to miss unless you were in the know. You can't see the restaurant from the street. As I walked up the rather scruffy stairs, I wondered what I would find! However, I needn't have worried - on the first floor was a cosy bar where our orders were taken. Before long we were led upstairs to the light airy restaurant.
The food was delicious with generous portions and the waiters were attentive and friendly. I would definitely eat here again and will look forward to returning to Salisbury before too long.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My mum had been taking me here for years, since i was a toddler!

its probably one of the most original resturants in salisury, the food is lovely and the prices are great. the service is really good and fast! Vino is lovely, and is very polite.

excellent atmosphere :)

going to start taking the 5 month old as soon as he can eat real food, to keep up the family tradition!

• Visited July 2012