“Another fabulous meal at Hox” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 217 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Another fabulous meal at Hox”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

4 of us enjoyed a simply excellent meal at Hox. We've eaten there often and have never failed to be impressed. The service was great, the atmosphere warm, welcoming and relaxed and the food fantastic. It was well presented, incredibly tasty and hit the spot with all 4 of us. All in all, another really great experience. Hox has never failed to deliver.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Superb Lamb Shank”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

New Years Eve, treated myself to one of the Hox signature dishes, Lamb Shank. A dish of delicate flavour and one which will linger on the taste buds, certainly the best in Salisbury. Accompanied by a Margaret River Semillion/Sauvignon certainly bought 2012 to a good conclusion.

The usual attentive and knowledgeable service puts this Indian restaurant high on anybodies list of Indian restaurants regionally and nationally.

DS 1/1/13

• Visited December 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Always excellent food with an interesting twist.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Been many times and always very enjoyable experience and very good value. Excellent friendly service.

“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hox Brasserie is one of our local restaurants that I've never visited. It was our treat after very busy week and I was looking forward to try something new again.
The place is very clean with friendly staff and amazing owner. Mr Attic, the owner, greeted us upon arrival and showed us our table. The menu looked very various but since I don't do Indian food so often I was a bit lost. And again, Mr Attic helped with the food selection, recommended combinations and I was happy to stick with his advices.
I chosen onion bhaji and mixed grill platter with spiced potatoes. Food was lovely, both courses came on time.
It was great to try something new and I am looking forward to come back and try something more spicy this time :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Very tasty meal - not your average curry house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My American cousin wanted to try Indian food for the first time so rather than take her to one of the generic "boil in the bag" Indian restaurants I thought that Hox would give her a tastier experience.

This proved to be the case - I had a lamb dish "Laal Maans" which I have not encountered on any other menu and it was delicious. Elsewhere on the table was a tandoori platter and I was lucky enough to try a piece of the chicken - really tasty.

Overall we have a good selection from the menu and each dish was well presented and well cooked and thoroughly enjoyed by all. I think my cousin is a new convert to Indian food.

• Visited November 2012