“Perfect place to stay for a relaxing break!” 5 of 5 stars

St Ann's House B&B
32 - 34 St Ann Street, Salisbury SP1 2DP , England   |
Ranked #16 of 52 Salisbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to stay for a relaxing break!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My partner and I stayed at St Anns House for the weekend and had one of the best weekends we've had in a long while. The hotel was situated in the perfect location, it was about a 5-10 minute walk to the town centre and very close to the cathedral, yet was very quiet and peaceful at night.

We had a premium room which was fabulous, it was furnished with tasteful antiques, a very comfortable bed and inteteresting art work. The ensuite was small but clean and functional and had a good hot shower and was perfectly adequate. My partner and I usually stay in large 5 star hotels, so this was a refreshing change, and was equally as comfortable and luxurious (if not more so) than larger ones.
Michael (the proprietor) was a very good host, he was informative and knowledgable about the local area and recommended a very nice italian restaraunt which we enjoyed, he was not in your face, but readily available and helpful if you needed him. Sadly, I can't comment on the breakfast as me and my partner were too hungover to make it down on time which is shameful.

Salisbury is a very attractive and interesting historical city with much to do and see and is the perfect location for a break from smelly London for the weekend.

If we come back to Salisbury again we will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Hi we stayed at this venue yesterday, and it is a great location for a b and b

It's only a few minutes from town centre...

Room was nice - en suite - shower, nice linen and towels .

Bed was a bit soft for us, but appreciate everybody has preferences. Floor hdnt been hoovered, but Owner seems a nice chap who tried to explain best attractions locally.

We chose not to have the cooked breakfast £8.95 each - but the non cooked was plentiful - we don't normally eat. Lot at breakfast - ours was a premium room...

Location was quiet, and Parking Was on the road after 6pm on a Saturday eve...

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at St Ann's for business in the first instance but enjoyed my stay so much that my wife and I organised several weekends away together. This did mean that she found out about the cracking cooked breakfasts that I had been tucking into every morning - but it was still well worth it.

Michael, the owner and host, is very welcoming and has a wealth of information about the restaurants and bars around Salisbury. I really appreciated all the recommendations that he made and found it a very positive reflection on the whole area how one business would give such a glowing report of others.

Michael is also an amazing cook which means that whether you go for the continental or the cooked breakfast, you will be very impressed. The B&B is in a perfect location. Salisbury Cathedral is just down the road and through St Ann's Gate and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs a short walk away.

The B&B is in a very impressive Georgian house. The doubles I stayed in were excellent value with a good amount of space, ensuite shower rooms, and writing bureaus which made the difference for me.

I have already received thanks back from friends and colleagues who have taken up my recommendation to stay at St Ann's. Michael's B&B is not just a great place to stay but a place with very good service, run by a family who will really look after you (including Coco the dog), and marvellous breakfasts.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
southerner in the midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We loved staying in the posh town of Salisbury surrounded by so much history. We used St Ann's for a small family party where there were about 20 of us with most of us staying in the hotel. Michael is an execellent cook, using his own expert knowledge combined with our ideas for an intimate get-together. It was amazing not to have to share our 'do' with anyone else as would have been the case using a fuction room in a larger more impersonal hotel.
Rooms were individually designed in sumptious fabrics. Ours was very small needing the hand basin to be in the bedroom outside of the bathroom but this is unavoidable in such an old building. Other family rooms were much larger. The rooms are fairly clean.
The hotel is not contantly manned as Michael lives nearby but is available (mobile phone signal permitting!) whenever needed. Each guest has a key and there is an honesty kitchen and bar-rather feeling like home from home!
The lack of parking outside is a problem throughout Salisbury being as it's such an old town. Michael provided us with directions for public parking throughout our stay but it has to be remembered that this will add to the over all cost to your stay. We enjoyed the inevitable trip to Stonehenge but used the tour bus which took us to even more fascinating historical sites.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

This was the second time at st anne's and again we were struck by charm of both the accomodation and host, Micheal. Both the rooms we stayed in were elegant and stylish and had excellent hot and powerful showers. The beds are comfortable and the linen luxurious.
Both the cooked and continental breakfast were great, and Michael a trained chef, obviously takes great pride in the quality of the food he offers - I particularly loved his homemade marmalade with aniseed.

Room Tip: have seen three and stayed in 2 - all excellent.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful stay at St. Ann's in Salisbury, and I couldn't asked for more. The staff were very accommodating and allowed me to check in two hours early so I could tour the city. My single room was very nicely decorated and had everything I needed. It was really lovely to chat with Michael in the morning during breakfast and he offered several suggestions for hidden gems in Salisbury. I hope to return for another trip very soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I spent 5 weeks at St. Ann's on a business trip and could not have picked a more hospitable and welcoming spot. Michael and Duygu were incredibly helpful and became great friends by the end of my stay there. Thanks to Michael's culinary talents breakfast was something I looked forward to everyday.

I cant wait to get back there in 2012.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to St Ann's House B&B? Share your experiences!