Stayed here while on a 3week holiday throughout the UK. Booked the hotel site unseen through an online search ( laterooms.com) after reading mixed reviews. True be told, there wasn't a lot of choice at the time as it was the high season and most things were booked up.
When we arrived we were given " the best room in the house" room 6. As it turned out the night was a bit of a disaster for the following reasons:
1) Noise! no A/C so we had to sleep with the widows open ( which normally we love) but there was a ton of noise from the superhighway just underneath our window--so hash tag FAIL
2) No hot water. Tried to shower when we arrived, but no hot water until the morning--Fail
3) Pull out couch was a full concave, our 2 children could not keep from collapsing into the middle--absolute fail--never in r travels have we seen such a bed. They must have sourced thus from a garage sale?
4) Breakfast included, if you can get it---waited an hour to get our very simple "hot breakfast", bonded with the other guests as we marvelled at the confusion about getting breakfast organized for about 15 guest--many just left in frustration.
This is in fact a boutique hotel, very eccentric, but unfortunately very poorly executed. If you want a good nights rest, trust me look elsewhere. This was out worst experience in the whole of the UK.
- Also Known As:
- The Lazy Cow Hotel
- The Lazy Cow Hotel Salisbury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-minute walk from Salisbury Cathedral, The Lazy Cow has a steakhouse restaurant and a modern, boutique feel. The refurbished rooms have a creative décor, an iPod dock, and free Wi-Fi access. Good steaks, English crab and lobsters are served at the Steakhouse. There is also a cocktail menu, wines, and a breakfast menu for the morning. Bedrooms come with bathrobes and a flat-screen TV. The rooms have a luxurious feel, and some have a funky cow theme. The Lazy Cow is in Salisbury city centre. Shops and entertainment can be reached within a 5-minute walk. Old Sarum, the site of an ancient settlement, is less than 10 minutes' drive awayMoo Room- Let your imagination run free in our uniquely inspired Moo Room which combines the fun and quirkiness of The Lazy Cow with the luxurious touches you expect from a boutique hotel. Log Shack-A true feeling of nature awaits you in our Log Shack. The extraordinary décor and aroma will envelop you with warmth and allow you to lose yourself in a surreal environment.Black & gold Suite-Treat yourself to a stay in our hedonistic Black and Gold Suite, where each room is designed with splendor and charm. Combined with the character of the building and modern touches ensuring your stay is nothing short of royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Lazy Cow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.