“Surprise Birthday Treat.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Surprise Birthday Treat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

With the assistance of the helpful event manager we booked four rooms for a family get-together to celebrate 21st birthday. All four rooms were as we expected for a four star hotel. They were larger than most and comfortable as reported by the respective occupants. Rooms were clean and tidy and our bathroom was spotless. If we have a reason to do the same again we will return without any question.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Your comments have been forwarded to Ali and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Amanda L Guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Truro, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice enough hotel and within a short walk/wheel into town.
Room was fairly dusty and didn't look like the cleaner had spent too much time in it and one of the draws had a lot of biscuit crumbs in it..
I am a paraplegic and my wife had been assured the shower room would be suitable for me........sadly not, had a movable shower stool which moved rather too much when trying to transfer on to it plus absolutely no grab rails to offer support, a large glass screen reduced the chances of a successful transfer even more, so a basin wash was all I got.
Food was ok and the staff all seemed friendly enough.
Would stay here at a push if I couldn't find somewhere suitable but knowing I couldn't have a shower.

Room Tip: Be careful if you happen to be in a wheelchair
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
AmandaGuest, General Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Midge1964

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I have taken on board your concerns you raised and I have addressed these points with the various team members involved.

As you mentioned you would be hard pushed to return to our hotel. I would personally like to contact you to discuss how we could ensure that if you did return it would meet your needs.

Please contact me on 01722417411 or hotelmanager@milfordhallhotel.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Michael Hunter-West
Canterbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the Milford Hall Hotel for 2 nights, arriving on Friday. The reception staff were very friendly and provided us with our room key and WiFi pass code.

Upon entering the room we immediately was hit by a stale smell where the room hadn't been aired. After further inspection there was a significant mould issue which caused the room to be very stale, and wallpaper to peel.

In addition, the air-con didn't work and the statutory signage was missing in the bathroom (I burnt myself on the boiling hot towel rail). Also the bathroom had mould in the grouting and around the bath fixtures.

In the bath I found long hairs which I thought were from the previous guest, but when I returned the next evening I found the same hairs in the cups by the kettle that had been washed (photos attached), which makes me think it was in fact the cleaners :(

Finally, I grabbed a couple of pillows from the wardrobe to put on the bed and found dirty marks on these.

The hotel staff were nice, but the £100 per night was not warranted I feel. I've included photographs of my room to support this review.

Stayed June 2014
AmandaGuest, General Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guymayhew132,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Sorry to hear about your recent stay and that the room you were staying in did not meet your expectations.

As there are a number of concerns noted, I felt it was more fitting to personally write to you.

Hope to hear from you in the near future.

Michael Hunter-West
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had no problems with our room. However, this hotel needs someone to come in and advise how a reception should be laid out. Onarrival at the hotel we were greeted by A boards advertising an Olly Murs tribute act in the autumn. Of no interest and immediately lowered the tone. The reception area is overloaded with notices and a showcase of jewellery - would anybody buy anything from this display? The reception area, complete with no receptionist who eventually came out with a mouthful if food immediately put us off having dinner in the restaurant. Probably a good choice after having experienced the breakfast. Poor quality buffet - fruit all tinned, hot food not well cooked. There was a menu on the table and when I queried if I could order something off it I was told that as it was Monday it was a buffet breakfast but if I wanted something off the menu it would involve a long wait. I decided not to upset the them by ordering anything. With the breakfast area over staffed I would have moved someone into the kitchen and offered a limited cooked quality menu. Our room was of a much higher quality than the poor presentation of the public areas. Could so easily be a top top hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We found the staff friendly and attentive, special mention , the lady on reception Saturday 21 June in the evening and Sunday 22 in the morning, also the two gentleman in the restaurant Saturday 21 at dinner

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on Tripadvisor, Sharon on Reception, The gentlemen in the Restaurant, plus the rest of the team have been communicated your favourable comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

stansted.essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We arrived late Friday evening but the staff couldnt of been more helpful, the restaurant was not closed but definitely winding down, we were taken to our table and served immediately but not rushed and as a few things were no longer available on the set menu we were able to choose from the a la carte menu at no extra cost. We had an excellent meal and then had coffee out on the terrace, very late now but nobody tried to hurry us.
lovely rooms, very good breakfast and superb staff.
we will be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Milford Hall Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to read such a great review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant furture.

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here back in February when the weather was biblically awful, and I had to stay on for a second night to avoid driving home through a storm. The hotel was ok, so when I returned to Salisbury, I booked here again. This time it was blue skies and warm sunshine.

This is the most English hotel I've stayed in recently, meaning pleasant but slightly awkward. The staff are helpful but in one or two cases decidedly odd. The rooms are comfortable but there is no lift. The corridors are narrow and labyrinthine. Breakfast was better than average, but the poached eggs were hard boiled and the replaement egg was only slightly less well done. I had a good evening meal here last time. The restuarant has furniture that appears to have come from an Austin Powers film set, and is decidedly uncomfortable. The bar is ok, with a terrace that would be great except it's in the car park. It is well positioned for central Salisbury, though it's actual position is far from scenic.

It's the kind of place that Brits will think is nice and Americans will moan about. For some reason it made me think about American attitudes to British dentistry. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review Milford Hall Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased you got to enjoy blue skies and warm sunshine!

Glad to hear you will return and we look forward to welcoming you on another occasion.

Amanda L Guest

Been to Milford Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!