“Night Away” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Night Away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

A bit dissapointing, with the accommodatin the room was not too bad but you had to move the kettle away from the coffee/tea making facilities as there was not a socket where they were placed. Also the bath was very slippery as the non slip had nearly worn off also no hand rail to help you in and out of the bath.

The food was good in the restaurant but the chairs were a bit uncomfortable for me too low and soft.

Most of the staff were excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AmandaGuest, Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. Would you be so kind as to email me with the room number that you stayed in to hotelmanager@milfordhallhotel.com so we may address the issues raised and rectify immediately.

Thank you in advance and once again thank you for taking the time to review Milford Hall Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Amanda L Guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My partner booked this Hotel as part of a birthday gift for me. She upgraded to an Executive Room, and from the photo's was expecting a Four Poster bed. The room was a nice size, but nothing special. This might mean the Hotel adverts might need to be more clear.
The 1st problem we had was, when we went to the room, we found we had a connecting door to the room next door. We could here every word, the chuckles and the radio very clearly. We went down and asked to be moved. This was handled very well by friendly staff.
So we are in our new room and my partner starts saying the pillow doesn't feel clean. After telling her it was just her imagination, when she went to get ready to go out, I peeled back the sheets!
The 1st sight was what I presume was a food mark on both top and bottom sheet. Pulling the sheets back revealed hair halfway down the bed on both sides, bits of fine dirt, and hair in the pillow area!! When we were going out, we of course complained. On our return, we found crisp fresh sheet. We were told there was a problem with the laundry service.
The bed was very comfy, and we had a very good sleep.
My partners food was very good. Mine was ok, but my medium steak was in fact very well done.
The staff were all great. Very friendly and helpful.
But overall maybe we were expecting too much from all the good reviews

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review Milford Hall Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Secondly I am truly disappointed to read that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival and then on throughout your stay. Certainly the way in which your room was prepared each day does not meet with our standards and your feedback has been shared with our Housekeeping team to ensure that every room is to standard before our guests check in and continued throughout their stay with us!

I was disappointed to read your comments on one of the meals you were served and wished you had brought your concerns to the staff working that evening so we could have exchanged your Steak. We dont get many complaints about our offering but apologise that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

I can assure you that all comments are valuable to us and taken very seriously which helps us maintain the quality of service to our guests.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review Milford Hall Hotel on Tripadvisor and should you wish to return, please contact me personally to make your bedroom reservation as we would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in Milford Hall Hotel and provide you with a a pleasurable experience.

Surbiton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have just returned from a ladies festival although our numbers were low which was disapointing for us we were treated just as well as we have been in the past when the numbers were greater. Ali Greenwood is a treasure to the hotel, as our numbers dropped she advised how to keep the event as good as we could and she did not fail we had an exelent stay and all the staff should be praised for there efforts we could not fault our stay and we will be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great comments about Milford Hall Hotel and our Team, I was pleased to read how impressed you were with Ali and all the team at the Hotel.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Amanda Guest
Cookham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have just returned after a two day stay in an executive room.A have nothing but great reviews about my stay. Bedroom first class,good air con unit,easy to operate,bathroom good all mod cons,including good quality toilet paper.All the staff very helpful and friendly,attention to detail perfect.The restaurant menu was very extensive ,we have a little wait the first night after ordering(it was busy) but the food was worth the wait,second night no wait at all,would defiantly good back,my thanks to ALL the staff,great stay

Room Tip: Have an executive room ,good value
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Milford Hall Hotel and your dining experience at Salisbury Seafood & Steak House. Your comments have been passed forward to our Team who, I know will greatly appreciate it too.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Milford Hall Hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and this is the first review I have ever written

We booked for a party of 69 for a ladies festival weekend on the 1st June 2013 that consisted of a 3 course meal on the Friday and a "Gala 7 Course Banquet" on the Saturday. This was based on lots of research on, and quotes from, the usual places - but mostly an extremely good experience when my lady and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend during August 2012

Everything was negotiated with and then organised by the event manager, Ali Greenwood, including printed menus, flowers, photographer, toastmaster, pianist, male guitar vocalist, etc.. There was flexibility over what would be included in the package and the price was adjusted accordingly, but haggling over the base price and the cost of extras was not an option

Let me quickly say I think anyone who has ever organised a group booking will tell you that you cannot take 70 people between the ages of 21 and 90 for a 100 yard stroll without someone having a niggle. So there were the usual niggles such as room changes, last minute food allergies, etc. but even the slightest thing was effectively and efficiently resolved immediately by someone with a genuine desire to help

The whole weekend was excellent, I could describe the whole weekend in detail and tell you how perfect everything was but it would take ages, and there is not one thing that I can think of that could have been better, and I certainly have no criticism.

Furthermore - as unbelievable as it sounds - I did not receive a neutral or negative comment from anyone, but constant comments about how good things were and what a good hotel I had chosen

Festival secretaries will notice that the hotel management team, and Ali in particular, do an awful lot of work, and each guest will notice a few members of staff - your drinking members will certainly notice Paul

This hotel does not have a swimming pool, spa or golf course, and the baths do not have gold plated taps. But it's in a location convenient for many activities (but there is so little time on a Ladies Weekend) and it has good comfortable accommodation, and it's big enough to have a variety of rooms to cope with requests such as easy access, quite rooms, etc.

But in particular it offers a standard of food as good as any I have come across and service that is in my opinion without equal, because with many good quality hotels its some or most of the staff that genuinely want to make your stay as good as they can, here it's all of them !!!

My thanks must go to Ali because she does the most work and your guests will not even see her

Brothers we have the same mix as many lodges, some old and some young, some cultured (and some not so cultured :-)) but we always enjoy each others company and this place lets you do just that, we had a fantastic weekend, and it is well and worthily recommended. If you want to confirm this review is genuine you know how to find me - WM of 6416

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your lovely comments about the team, and all that you experienced at Milford Hall Hotel. There is no greater reward than reading wonderful comments like yours. Your praise and complements have been passed on to Ali and all the team so once again THANKYOU.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked a two night stay as a surprise for my husbands birthday at the Milford Hall Hotel. We stayed in a classic room which was spacious, very clean and inviting. There is no 'view' from the window but it is good to have the free car park. The hotel is situated only a couple of minutes walk away from the river and it was lovely to stroll down here to the center of Salisbury and then on to the cathedral. We had a three course evening meal in the hotel restaurant on both evenings and the food was superb. The restaurant was ideal for us as I love seafood and my husband likes his steaks. Ian had a filet steak and he said it was on par with steaks had in Banff Canada which were the best he ever had! The service could not be faulted and you felt very welcome in the hotel at all times.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments about Milford Hall Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you liked the hotel and that ourstaff was friendly and attentive.

Your great comments have been passed on to all the team and we look ofrward to welcoming you back to Milford Hall Hotel again in the future.

Hove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a one night stay on a Saturday whilst visiting friends. Stayed in an executive room at a cost of £119 for bed and breakfast. The location of th Hotel is just outside the city centr and an easy 5 minute walk will get you into the main square in the City Centre with the Athedral just a few more minutes walk away. The area around the hotel s mainly town houses and is not inspiring but it does have it's own car park for guests free of charge.

The front garden and entrance to the hotel do look inviting but Milford Hall itself (the original building) is very small and the majority of the rooms are in a large modern extension at the rear of the main building. The bar area and restaurant are located in the main building and have retained some of their charm but if you want strolls in the gardens or views of the city then this is not the place for you. The view from our room was into the side wall and garden of a neighbour!

We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did have a drink in the evening and breakfast. Service was good and all staff were friendly and made you feel welcome. Breakfast was very good with a to buffet and the usual cereals and fruit juices but you could also have freshly made food such as pancakes or kippers.

The room was described as an excutive room as it was all that was available, it was slightly larger than normal, tv and tea and coffee making facilities were provided and the shower was excellent. The room was clean and well presented but only the size would make it an excutive room and I wonder what the difference is for the price? It was very quiet and comfortable.

All in all a good location, good service and a clean and well presented room but

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us at Milford Hall Hotel.

Thank you for highlighting the positive aspects of your stay including the free car parking.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your lack of view, although we are only a 5 minute walk to the City Centre, regrettably very few City Hotels have the luxury of landscape views.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review Milford Hall Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Amanda L Guest

Been to Milford Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!