“An excellent hotel with 5 star staff” 5 of 5 stars

Milford Hall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   206 Castle Street, Salisbury SP1 3TE, England   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel with 5 star staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I booked the Milford Hall hotel on the strength of previous reviews on TripAdvisor and, as usual, was not let down. When I arrived at check in my booking (via Laterooms) was not immediately visible on the hotel's computer but not only was I booked in I was also given an upgrade. The car park was pretty full due to an ongoing conference and I'd left my car in a place which would doubtless cause problems for other drivers. This was not an issue and my keys were kept on reception so that they could move my car when the conference goers eventually left.

The room I was allocated was well appointed with a huge double bed, flat screen tv and digital radio. The bathroom had all of the usual fixtures and fittings. The room was impeccably clean.

If I have one minor niggle it is that the free wi-fi connection was not working but I think the hotel was having computer issues.

I cannot recommend the restaurant at Milford Hall highly enough, not just for the food - which is excellent - but for the incredibly welcoming nature of the waitresses. Happy, smiley people who interact well with the customers and provide a knowledgeable and efficient service.

Overall the Milford Hall Hotel is a superb establishment, mainly because of the people who work there. This is the sort of hotel that tv's Hotel Inspector should use as an example to others on how the hotel business should be in the UK. It doesn't take a five star building to provide five star service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
amandaguest, Front Office Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for your great comments about our team and the Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. "This is the sort of hotel that tv's Hotel Inspector should use as an example" - High praise indeed and we thank you!

We we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Amanda L Guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

If hotels are defined by the quality of their staff Milford Hall Hotel is one of the best. All staff, without exception, were smiley, welcoming, friendly and gave the impression that they enjoyed doing their best to make guests' stays as pleasant as possible. Nothing was ever too much trouble. This extended from the reception staff to the waiters and waitresses and the housekeeping staff. The food in the restaurant was extremely good and excellent value. It is no wonder that it it so popular with non residents. We stayed in an executive room which was very comfortable and well appointed. We have already recommended this hotel to friends and family and would recommend Salisbury as a worthwhile city for a break as it is close to some beautiful countryside, has a great market and is interesting in itself.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments about Milford Hall Hotel and its team. I was glad to read that you liked the hotel and that our team were firendly and attentive. I agree with you that the location is great as it offers many wonderful tourist attractions and so much more...

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends and family back to Milford Hall Hotel in the near future.

Devon, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I both felt that it was the nicest British hotel we had ever stayed in. All the staff were so professional and at the same time truly warm and welcoming. The food was amazingly good. I ate the best home-cooked chips I hve ever tasted, crispy on the outside and beautifuly soft inside and so hot, they stayed hot to the very last chip. Fantastic! The hot poached figs were divine and the chocolate bread and butter pudding with a whole jug of cream - bliss! My mouth waters as I recall the feast.

Our room was full of character, with a lovely big bathroom; we appreciated the soap and shampoo made in France, not China, lovely luxury! There was an iron and ironing board too. The TV provided excellent Radio 3 and 4 reception as well as the normal tv channels, and there was even an ipod player by the bed. Every possible wish had been provided for. A full size kettle, and real china and spoon, as well as biscuits were another touch we appreciated. The view from the window was lovely, and excellent blackout curtains ensured a sound night's sleep. It was perfectly quiet at night, and the bed was so comfortable, we slept really well. In the morning our favourite newspaper was outside the bedroom door for us. Then the breakfast, with smoked haddock and poached eggs for my husband was the best we have ever eaten in a hotel. The chef is a marvel! Booking was also a joy. I had rung another hotel first, part of a chain, and spoke to Arizona! Sharon, who took my booking, was so efficient and helpful, and sent an immediate email with all essential details. If we return to Salisbury we would hope to be able to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments about the Hotel and our team, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too. We are looking forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Amanda L Guest
Lower Darwen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Booked this hotel using Tesco vouchers. Right from the first phone call, service was friendly and efficient.

We arrived early and were allowed to leave our car whilst we took a walk into to Salisbury which is a beautiful place. Check in was straight forward and we were given all the info we needed. The room was very spacious and clean and the bed very comfortable. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful always ready with recomendations of places for lunch and local places to visit.

Weddings took place on both nights of our stay but didn't intrude on our stay at all, and an excellent level of service was maintained throughtout. Bar prices were more than reasonable as was the food which was superb and even my fussy other half couldn't fault it.

On the first night we returned once the wedding receprion was in full swing which made parking tricky but we needn't have worried as a member of staff ran up to our car, advised us where to park then asked we leave our keys at recepton so it could be parked better when space became available which he did and returned our key without fuss.

The hotel s a only short walk from the town centre. Close enough for sight seeing without the noise.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
amandaguest, Front Office Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others by expressing your kind words on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased to hear that the team at Milford Hall Hotel made your stay a pleasurable experience. Your comments have been passed on to all the team!!

Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

18 months ago, we went to all the hotels in Salisbury and decided on here for our wedding reception. What a great choice.. All of the staff were so very very helpful and could not do enough for us. From the minute my family arrived on the Weds nothing was too much trouble. The morning of the wedding there was a real buzz in the hotel with all the staff, it was fab. They fetched and carried to and from the rooms, they were amazing. The Management team are so very professional and along with all the staff made our day (and stay) so very very special. Thank you to you all

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
amandaguest, Front Office Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2011

I am so pleased to hear that the team at Milford Hall Hotel made your special day one to be treasured. Your lovely words have been passed on.

Once again, many many congratulations!!!!!

We look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

this little place is so much nicer than the pics lead u to believe. it is in a beautiful setting, the restaurant is 5 star, service is 5 start. The staff were the friendliest we have encountered in our 3 wks in europe! Well underpriced for what we got! I highly rec this place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
amandaguest, Front Office Manager at Milford Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2011

I am so pleased to hear that the team at Milford Hall Hotel made your stay a more pleasurable experience. Your comments have been passed on !!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Room was extremely cold, asked how the heating worked the manager didn't know either! He then brought a heater which tripped the electrics in the room! We then moved rooms to an executive room which was lovely and warm, comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was OK but only ok.
Good value for money, Sailsbury is a lovely city, the hotel is a 15 minute walk and a great base!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Amanda

Been to Milford Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!