“lovely food, lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 201 Restaurants in Salisbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Contemporary, Healthy, Tea Room
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Tempting cream teas, generously filled sandwiches and main meals for the most discerning palates – our relaxed and friendly café is a slice of foodie heaven in the heart of Salisbury. Thanks to fresh, quality ingredients and the care and creativity of chef proprietor Michael Fox, we’re a culinary treat worth talking about – winner of the 2012 Observer Food Monthly Awards 'Best Cheap Eats in the South and West'.Whilst visiting you can also explore a treasure trove of amazing artwork in the largest independent art gallery in the South West.Spread over two floors and overflowing into a sunny courtyard, our ever-changing, contemporary collection brings together the work of leading artists, sculptors and furniture makers from across the UK as well as carefully selected, unique gifts which are sourced from the UK and further afield.Discover a selection of beautiful handmade cards and jewellery, as well as original glassware, ceramics, woodwork, and textiles – and take time to enjoy some of the finer things in life in a uniquely historic setting.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“lovely food, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Not knowing Salisbury, I found this place on Tripadvisor and was really pleased to find that it was even better than I expected. My friend and I had a leisurely, delicious salmon salad and went back later for afternoon tea, which was lovely.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks to Trip Advisor for enabling customers who would never normally discover us to seek us out. I am so pleased you found us after reading our reviews and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope you will be able to re-visit soon.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“There's something about Fishy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

There is something about Fishy Mill - it does sometimes feel a bit expensive for a cafe but never poor value. It does sometimes feel a bit of a hike from town but never not worth it. Can't really explain why it works but it does - we have gone back time after time. Courtyard area pleasant in fine weather and the staff do seem to be exceptionally sweet. The children have always liked It. Great atmosphere inside - looking forward to the new arrangements.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
We agree that there is something special about Fishy Mill! It is a lovely place to work as all the artists and creative business people here are a great little community set within such a warm and atmospheric building there is no place better in our opinion and we are so glad you agree and have thank you for sharing your thoughts with others.
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Summer Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Together with a friend who lives in Salisbury, I enjoyed a delicious summer salad lunch yesterday in the peaceful garden of the Fisherton Mill Café. I will definitely come back for another meal on my next visit and allow more time to look at the beautiful crafts.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Your review is much appreciated. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and plan to return again. Many thanks to your Salisbury friend for suggesting it as a place for lunch.
Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
“Yet another gorgeous time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

As ever , lunch at the Café was to die for. How Michael and his team produce such amazing food time after time, never ceases to amaze me. I love the buzzy, quirky feel of the café and the cakes are simply irresistible. If I ever need a pick me up this is the place I go. I know that the food is always locally sourced, fresh and lovingly prepared. Went to a fantastic private party there last month and the experience was as good as ever.

If you've never ventured down Fisherton Street, then do it, just for the café and gallery experience. You can treat yourself to awesome food and no doubt will find a little present in the Gallery for yourself at the same time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Your glowing review is much appreciated. Thank you for being a regular visitor who appreciates the Mill environment and wonderful food. We look forward to your next visit.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch, peaceful and quiet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Treated myself on my day off to lunch in the sun with my Mum. We had goats cheese salad with coffee and homemade lemonade and it was absolutely delicious.
This place is relaxed, unique, SO QUIET and peaceful. I felt totally relaxed and at ease, simply cannot wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Deborah F, Owner at Fisherton Mill Gallery and Cafe, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We really appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed our sunny courtyard in this wonderful weather. As you say it is peaceful and quiet here even though you are in the centre of the City; being tucked away from the main streets gives Fisherton Mill the feeling of an oasis. We look forward to your next visit.